RMMV Rhuneworld | IGMC 2018 (In development)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Story-driven game of an apocalyptic magical world.

SYNOPSIS
A classic style RPG with a standard turn based battle system focused on story, choices and exploration. The journey is about a group of friends who try to survive in a world where a magical virus spreads, making anyone a possible enemy. Throughout the game there will be a focus on survival and morality.

SCREENSHOTS*

CHARACTERS**

• Main Character
  • Observative, caring, serious, shy

• Supporting Character
  • Quick thinker, playful

STORYLINE/PLOT
Deikun leads a peaceful life with his grandmother at the edge of town. After encountering a long lost friend, the world is turned into an magical apocalypse overnight! The pair are driven to question their morals as they acquire friends, new knowledge and new enemies along the way, a fight for survival lies ahead of them with a hope of restoring the world to it's previous peace.

CREDITS

DOWNLOAD LINK
Early Access demo (IGMC Jam 2018 Original Version) - | Ver 0.1 | (On itch.io, no longer available)

CURRENT STATUS
Rhuneworld was put on hold for a while, but is now back in development!

Extra information to know
  • This game may have a commercial release, but this hasn't been decided yet.
  • * Tilesets may be lacking in terms of extras for detail and quality because I wanted to get far enough into the demo so that it can amount to something. Once the demo is complete, I will start to remake and add new tiles to add a nicer look. (Feel free to give feedback on the current tileset anyhow~)
  • This game is still in progress and is not fully planned, therefore it is open to feedback to help with improvement and changes! Feedback is greatly appreciated! (This includes ART , STORY , CHARACTERS , GAMEPLAY and so on~)

Small supporter banner to put in your signature if you like~

Twitter | SmashArtist

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We got our first feedback on the game!~

I've decided to start making a list of features people have enjoy, and those that need fixing or removal:
Not exactly sure where I should put this list, but for now I'll leave it as a comment here and on Rhuneworld's IGMC 2018 Community Page.
(
= Upvote , Downvote =
)

• Art
    - To be updated
    • White Outlines
      - Too bright, lower opacity
  • Characters
  • Dialogue
  • Story
  • Gameplay --
    • Confirm to enter door
      - To be considered as optional
  • Sound --
    • Footsteps -- - To have volume lowered
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For an updated version of this list and known bugs, please visit:

Suggestions/Feedback

Report Bugs

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well...I'll need to check this out sometime (to swamped now though) looks nice.
One thing I can already say (unless intentional) there are a lot of white lines along some of the sprites...

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for considering it~

What exactly bothers you about the white outilnes? I use it mostly to highlight important things and to differentiate from the background since most of the art is lineless. I'd love to know your opinions!~

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well with the broom I don't mind that much honestly and I get why you've done it. As long as it isn't everything I come across then I'm fine with it.
The white outline on the characters however when talking/message system... eye-sore (sorry) (I took a quick peek and I do LOVE the variety of facial expressions btw) But the line... no...just no haha. It stands out for all the wrong reasons to me. Perhaps if you made it a less harsh white? Still would have the same function but would hurt less... (this to for the outline on characters in general)

Of course that's just my personal opinion and I'm no-one important haha :D

Oh and I'm gonna be a bit more of a pain but I'll upvote the Confirm to enter door...
I actually like that, but then I am old and love oldskool games and mechanics and this might or might not fall under that ;)

EDIT: and I'm not considering it I will play this just not anytime to soon ;)

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing and your feedback, I will think about making the outlines less harsh, perhaps less transparent.
It's interesting that you like the door feature, maybe I'll keep it as an option to turn on or off later in the game. :)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting he says.... :stare: That's code for weird, right? >_>:p
Well I guess it's just 'cause I like knowing what I'm entering before entering and I do tend to enter rooms and then go.. "oh wait wanted to do this first..." And I like the extra bit of text if it isn't all the same text lol So...Yeah, I'm weird :D
I won't hate the game if you remove it though (however the harsh white lines well that's another thing.... ;))

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't consider it weird at all! I put it in there in the first place because I liked it, thanks for letting me know that you enjoy it too- this gives me input to know I'm not the only one. :kaothx:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I AM weird (and proud of it haha) but besides that, glad to give you some input :)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gave this a try, it was pretty short so I couldn't get a very good feel for it. But I enjoyed the art style and the characters, so hopefully you keep working on it. :)

The sound effects definitely need turned down, Deikun sounded like he was stomping around his house and the birds outside all owned megaphones! Having choices for going through doors didn't bother me too much, but I do think it would be good to change where the line is in the choice box, since right now it cuts through the word and makes it a bit hard to read what exactly I'm choosing. I sure hope the Mysterious Paper isn't supposed to be important since I could throw it away, so I did.

I wish there were a few more battles available, just to see what rhunestones do and how the battle system evolves. Overall, I finished the game in about 15 minutes and enjoyed it, but there's not too much to do in the game yet so it's hard to guess where the gameplay will be going. Since it was so short I ended up recording myself playing it, so here's the video:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for taking the time to do so!
I enjoyed watching you play, especially when you mentioned that Grandma has a better memory than Deikun! Found it hilarious. XD

Lots of the issues you have encountered have already been put on the list for fixing(except for the the multiple-armed Jerrick and the line for the choices, thanks for giving your opinion on that), I unfortunately cannot actually update the game page to a newer version until voting is over due to how itch handles voting.
I've heard from multiple people it was too short, hopefully the final demo will be able to show off the gameplay better since it'll be longer. :p

I'm super thankful for all the feedback I'm getting on this game due to it being in the jam, and will definitely take your opinions and finding into account! :kaohi:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's nice to see a game jam from you, SmashArtist! :D Your custom assets are always amazing to see!!! <3 And I think the game has a nice and simple premise to it! :) ^_^ Best wishes for the IGMC! :D

Rated the game, btw! ;)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working hard to fix bugs and typos in Ver 0.1!
The fixed version will be out sometime after voting ends with a couple of weeks.

In the future there may be large changes to the current game's story, dialogue and art(art will mostly just need updates as well as additions of new tiles for extra detail). The characters are not planned to be changed.

If you want to help shape the game, give your opinion and feedback on the 'rate Rhuneworld' voting page, the Rhuneworld Suggestions/Feedback topic, or even as a comment below this post!

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People's choice voting has ended!

We ranked 138th!

Not amazing, but not bad- I want to thank everyone who voted, gave their opinion, and provided feedback!

Rhuneworld still has a lot planned, the next update will mostly be a patch for bugs and typos with some new features, but the game will see some more major changes in the story and gameplay later on.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you are making the smart choice here. No sense in banging your head against the wall if that wall isnt going to budge ;)

Maybe one Day you'll return to it with frsh eyes and skills, maybe not... I don't think there is anyone on this forum Who doesnt have 1 or 2 unfinished / stuck projects lying around, no shame in that xD

Hopefully you'll have better luck with your new (old) project :)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all!
If you didn't know, Rhuneworld is back in development!
I've been doing a lot of planning work behind the scenes, but I finally have some visual changes to show off!
Here's a tweet I posted today about the wip of the battle system. Currently it is planned that you will only always have up to two party members at a time.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice to seee you are back at this :)
If you.ever need feedback you know where to find me :D

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I tend to post about Rhuneworld's development on my twitter, so if you're interested in seeing all the progress I'm showing off, follow me there!
More work on Rhuneworld's sprites, this time revamping Deikun and Jerrick's old sprites.
I did like the shading in the original sprites, so I might update the new ones with that type of shading later. (but tell me what you guys think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trying to get enough of an outline for my game to know what art needs to be made. I'm very out of practice with writing, having focused on art, and I'm realizing that I really missed it.
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 4 is now LIVE! Join us as we create our random encounter system. Random doesn't mean the player can't have some control! Want to figure out how, then tune in!
I must now resume my “things that make me money” activities, and relegate game-mak to a day or two a week. Maybe a lil in the afternoon, but I usually work on “career” level stuff then too.
Sotheby's had send me a mail this moment, stating an auction base for a book of mine at 150.000 euro. I found that book in a trashbin. It look like those chests that simply hide the final sword in an RPG.
I need to find some mapping tutorials cause I'm soooo terrible at it. like just awful lol. I've been having a huge asset issue with anything that isn't battle related unfortunately thanks to custom non-rtp characters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Popcorn_Kitty_Gamer