richter_h's Gallery

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by richter_h, Aug 8, 2015.

1. richter_h

richter_h Eh? Sweetroll? Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Better late than nothing... 

[​IMG]Hello and welcome to richter_h's Gallery!
     ​
    -- ♦ --​
     ​
    Well, fella, people know me as a game designer and currently level designer, but do you know that once I'm an artist, too?
    Indeed, I tend to spend my spare time to draw things especially characters, as I like designing and developing characters for stuffs I develop.
    Yes, you may also know me from my sprite shop, but that's only one of things I like; it's a hobby, it's my passion  :guffaw:

Basically I made my artworks on papers, notably copy papers and sketchbook, using assorted pencils primarily HB, 2B and 4B.

[​IMG]

There are loads of artworks I'd like to share here, so take a seat and scroll lightly :p

The Three Feathers. Three cute girls embarked a perilous path and face the dangers to recover the land. Till I have enough skill points I want to develop them further...
    Meet (left to right) Vina, Laura and Frisia.

[​IMG]

Probably you've seen this one in my profile. The Scout, The Drunkard and The Singer.
    [​IMG]

The Eremidian Scout. Spent some time at rehearsal and I made this in roughly 30 mintues.
    [​IMG]

Wandering Brawler, my early project before deciding to dip my own hands to Eremidia: Dungeon!...
    Well, inspired by a cover art of Gorillaz, I made this. 
    [​IMG]

Cecilia Fortuna - Sweets in hand
    [​IMG]

Free hug, anyone?
    [​IMG]

I wish I can have Free Hug, too....
    Lareyna, the Ancient Bard of Eremidia
    [​IMG]

Pose reference. Personification of my PC, Luna.
    [​IMG]

Glimpse of last year, the Eremidian Scouts of Grace Crisis. Looks like they're unhappy of something...
    [​IMG]

A relief of Luna in Elf costume
    [​IMG]

First commission and maybe the last in 2014. Malin of KoF2003, if you're wondering who she is.
    [​IMG]
    This is my 'primary weapon' in previous big events, namely Game Developer Gathering 2014 (held in Jakarta, Indonesia) and Toys and Games Republic 4 (held in Bandung, Indonesia). The banner design is based on this artwork
    [​IMG]

"Have you seen my bear, Tibbers?" -- Annie, the Dark Child
    [​IMG]

Cecilia Fortuna, if she puts her mantle off.
    [​IMG]

And this one, my first artwork in 2015. Meet the Fem Scout, Aluna.
    [​IMG]
    Oddly, my gaming interests are mostly adventure, sidescrolling and some bits of puzzle instead of RPG, but I ended up stumbling upon RPGs and even made one.
    Here is one of my favorite characters--Richter Belmont--from my favorite game title, Castlevania. My nickname is derived from this badass.

[​IMG]

Of course, it's a customary to yell "Die, monster!" while posing like this.
    The Eremidian Railswoman of tomorrow, here today.
    Introducing Loretta McGraves, the railswoman of Eremidia. A steampunk-ish design but I tend to not adding so much gizmos--but there is an automated gadget with her.
    [​IMG]
    The Shadowlord of Eremidia, with such class and attire. Now he looks like a monster godfather rather than your ordinary demon lord.
    [​IMG]
    Ayesha Arlesha and Arika Archwind. Both are soothsayers of Eremidia.
    [​IMG]
    Ayesha Arlesha, again.
    [​IMG]
    Charlotte Whitesmith, the Rune Singer of Westerland, when taught the art of Drunken Fist from his self-proclaimed boyfriend...
    [​IMG]
    If books couldn't touch your heart, maybe she could.
    Yep, she's Luna.
    [​IMG]
    My current coloring style. A piece of artwork for the past Eid some weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    A redesign of my friend's OC. The Little Witch, Witchiko.
    [​IMG]
    Aluna comes back with some Instructible Tomes
    [​IMG]
    Sorry if some are posted in mid-to-low quality. Sometimes I don't have access to scanners so I relied on my phone camera, and ended up having low-quality shots.
    You may spotted the changes of Aluna, the Fem Scout as the time goes on, too. Guess I've put my interest on her so much that she got lots of improvements as well as my drawing skills.  :guffaw:

Hope you guys pleased with my works. More in my deviantArt account (http://foresteronly.deviantart.com). Don't hesitate to see more of my artworks from the Dark Age of mine (2009) to present.
    Or you can check my DrawCrowd (drawcrowd.com/richter_h) for my most recent works.

Cheers~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
  2. NPC

NPC Auteurist in this world Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    owo pretty

3. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    it's good works! I love your digitals works and you shoulw do more too and I always loved your "childish" style who seem so good for rpg games with rpg maker actually contrary to mine who is really strong on the manga conceptions 

your coloring in digital is kinda interesting a good mix of the hard cells and soft cells more hards cell in my opinion but you seem to have it really light!

anyways your works is cool~ 

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Aw, your art style is so cute!

Hyouryuu-Na and Stanley like this.
  5. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Thanks, mate.

As my friend of RMID said, my art style is so quirky that proportion rules are ignored, yet solid and well done. I'd go for that and refining my art style, attempting to broaden the scope of characters I able to draw.

You're right, my art style suits well with RPG Maker games. Perhaps because of the cutesy or such  :guffaw:

The coloring technique is still experimental, though. Glad if you like it.

Also I've checked your gallery, too. You're right, I can sense the reminiscence of manga illustrations when looking at your artworks.

Anyway thanks, mate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    nio kasgami likes this.
  6. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I see! yeah for myself I am a maniac of the proportions I hate when you have character having arms like clamp do and I appreciate when people do in the proportions :o  

but I love artworks who reinvent their OWN proportions and looks good!

for my gallery : thanks! as you who are a level designer and game designer I am a CG illustrator and Mangaka actually I feel less comfortable to draw characters bust instead of drawing manga don't ask why I just don't feel it I will prefer passing several hours on a panels instead of drawing a simple characters for a games haha

7. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is really some wonderful work. The art is really, really beautiful! Your style is adorable. <3

You should definitely try coloring some of these. ^^

8. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Actually I often trying to colorize some of my artworks, but the time doesn't allow me to. Since I have tighter and tighter schedule I ended up neglecting the WIPs. Sad.

Thanks.

9. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump, and anyway I've colored the latest pic.

I just skipped the lineart process and did the colors right away, gave the sketch a more lively tones. The direction of my artworks are for illustration books rather than a piece of clean artwork, although when doing lineart my artworks are closer to vector art.

I love rough sketches so much, anyway.  :guffaw:

Aluna's Instructible Tomes now come in colors. 

[​IMG]

nio kasgami likes this.
  10. Palsa

Palsa General of Aurda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Outstanding gallery. ^_^

I love your style, it reminds me a lot of Takuhito Kusanagi's illustrations from the first Grandia, it has a certain charm which makes the characters look extremely likable. :D

11. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Much obliged  :)

Talking about Grandia, now I remember the first RPG game I've ever played, since I only remember the female character's name since then—Sue.

I checked the artworks of Grandia and just like you've said, it has similarity with my art style. Guess I have some more references for my later works.

Palsa likes this.
  12. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    Heheh, Grandia is actually the second RPG I played, the first one being Chrono Trigger; my brother in-law loaned me the game and I enjoyed it so much that I finished it in less than a week, several years later I missed the characters so much that I bought my own copy off of E-Bay, and beat it again. :cutesmile:

I still get cravings to replay the game every now and then, the characters are so familiar to me that I'll probably be buried with it. ^_^;

But I think your character designs have the same potential, and I'm sure that an RPG with your art style would have a high replay value, I recommend nurturing that skill. :)

13. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, since I'm going with part of Eremidia concepts, I think I'll go with my art styles to visualize the designs for the future plots. There are some names who don't have any concrete design yet so that will be my job to draw their appearance  :guffaw:

Talking about concept arts, here's the character design for another Eremidia-titled story. This one is heavily-influenced by a certain anime but I think I can go with this in future. Some designs need revisions, though.

[​IMG]

HeroLite and Palsa like this.
  14. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    Ah, Love Live, I've actually been thinking of drawing the characters from that in Alice in Wonderland themed costumes, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The designs look epic and are very fitting for each character. ^_^

15. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well they're so obvious :guffaw:

That was one of my effort to mark the places in Eremidia, one character represents one province. In that time my days were filled with Love Live!, and as you can see, my profile picture here in RMW is also came from it—Maki-chan FTW!

The scholar one, which represented by Hanayo and represents Runica, town of the Magic Academy, needs further revision and a better stuff to replace the toga cap.

Anyway the project itself isn't handled by me. I only provide a bit of grand lore and the character design. Still, the characters are included in my list as part of 'summonables', like the playable characters in Eremidia: Dungeon! but in narrower scope.

Thanks, anyway.

P.S.: I've checked your gallery and your deviantArt as well. Nicely done.

I'll look forward into your drawings, too.  ;)

Palsa likes this.
  16. Chiakscare

Chiakscare Resident Tifaholic Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are all so very beautiful...

...are your talents for hire?

17. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks.

If you're asking about it, then yes. However, art commission for now is closed due to the IRL stuffs, but I'll notify everyone when I'm up for it.

For now, I'm going only with sprite commissions, which can be seen by clicking on my avatar sprite below.

Palsa likes this.
  18. Chiakscare

Chiakscare Resident Tifaholic Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I will be sending you a PM shortly; thank you very much!

Thank you also for sharing your gorgeous artwork; I look quite forward to seeing more.

19. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump for some fresh sketches.

Well since I couldn't even draw something thanks to my assignments a couple of weeks ago, I tried to draw something this morning since I have nothing to do while waiting for my essays to be printed.

First, meet the female version of the Town Guard.

Just kidding. She's only a daughter of traveling merchant and described fan of the Town Guard, which later in some occasions will take an appearance of him; the outfit and such, but she won't put the glasses off, as the Town Guard loves girl with glasses very much  :guffaw:

[​IMG]
    And then, meet the Dragon Dancer of Ryushima Island: Ryuna. Tried to give some alternative eye lines and then she becomes another else.

Not to confuse with a certain girl who lived and worked in a certain family restaurant, and plotted to arrange an 'ideal family' of her own, though.

[​IMG]
    That's all for now. I still have a lot of things to do but I'll update this gallery once in a while.

Cheers~

20. richter_h

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump for a sketch fresh from the oven

Treasure Hunter of Lunkerstone in chibi form. At first, I called her as 'Huntling' but I changed my mind and called her Popura instead. Popura because of her ponytail.

[​IMG]
    Well that's all for now. Back to the work!

Cheers~