RM.Coalition Returns

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by hyde9318, Nov 5, 2017.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

A rather long time ago, in a galaxy really not that far away....
    Yeah... still working on a slogan five years later...

--------------------------------------------------
    A Short History...
    In October of 2012, I began work on a small pack of free resources for RPG Maker with the hopes that others could use said pack in their projects. When another member caught wind and agreed to help with the pack, the RM Coalition was born.

The Coalition was a group of various members who wanted to work together towards the sole purpose of providing free resources for budding RM'ers to use in their projects. Some of these resources could be used commercially, some were just for free users, but all resources were worked on with the community at heart. To give back to the community that had treated us so well, that was our goal.

The first pack was only a humble 7 music tracks, with only myself and a single other Coalition member at that time. After a huge success, the second pack caught on and a lot more members joined the Coalition, making the second pack significantly larger. The second pack hit before Christmas of 2012, then the third pack hit in March of 2013. But due to real life issues and significant life changes, I was unable to keep working on frequent packs and the project was officially retired shortly after pack three. The retirement announcement came with a Super Pack that included all three RMC packs, along with a small bonus pack, and a small website where people could further download all the packs for a good time after. But late 2015, the RMC Website was shut down and access to the packs was officially gone for good.... until today!​

[​IMG]

After years of being away from the community, I wanted to come back and try to contribute again. Going through old files, I found my old RMC files and decided that maybe it was time to re-release the original packs, and then finally get started on the talked about fourth pack. So now that I have you here, let's announce it...

RM.Coalition Pack 4 IS on its way!

It's been a long time coming, and it may not be as large as pack two or three, but I'm getting back into the swing of things and its my goal to do AT LEAST a second RMC trilogy (maybe more depending on popularity and how I feel). But before we begin, some things need to be answered...

What about the website?

The website is dead and gone, not much I can do about that sadly. I do have the original files in their completed form, so I will be releasing those in this thread, downloadable via DropBox, but the original site is not going back up. That said, if demand and participation is high enough, I may build a newer landing site specifically to host downloads. Said site, if ever made, would not have a community so as to never compete with RMWeb, and would ONLY be to download packs, nothing else. This is all moot until demand is high enough to justify it though.

Where will packs be released after this point?

I will be holding the second post of this thread as soon as I can. This thread will be the home of RM.Coalition and its packs for the time being, and all packs will be downloadable via links found in the second post of this thread. I will announce new releases both in my status AND in this thread via a new post, so make sure to check back every so often.

What will/do packs consist of?

This is a difficult question as it changes from pack to pack, but examples of things you can expect are...
    Titlescreen background, titlescreen borders, icons, basic tiles, music, sound effects, etc.
    Each pack will be different and completely depends on who all participates in said pack. If you download our old packs, or are familiar with the Coalition, you will know how it goes, and I highly recommend at least checking it out in the meantime to understand better.

What Engine/Maker are RMC resources compatible with?

As with what each pack will contain, this is difficult to describe totally. As each pack will be fairly different, its hard to tell what resources will be for what engine/maker, but we will have a system in place to let you know ahead of time. In the second post of this thread, you fill find the download list. Each download will have a quick description of that particular pack, which will include what makers that pack covers. RMC Pack 1-3 and the Super Pack all cover RPG Maker VX and VX Ace, but pack 4 and onwards will begin to include MV and eventually the Visual Novel Maker.

Who can join?

RM.Coalition was always a project I was proud of not so much because I got to release stuff, but because I got to work with such incredible talents as PandaMaru, Andinator, Neon Black, Dekita, McTricky, ShinGamix, and so much more! Each pack was a team effort and the project as a whole couldn't have been so successful without the Coalition Members.

But with the retirement came a disbanding of the team, so I open it up again for recruitment. If you would like to contribute to further RMC packs past this point, please contact me via private message with some examples of your previous works, what you would like to do in the group, and if you want to join as a Coalition member or just a guest contributor for a single pack. After a base team is put together, further recruits are voted on by the team, but I certainly welcome anyone willing to help out!

[​IMG]

What Can You Expect?

As per customary of a resource thread, I would like to give a small sample of my own works within the original three packs as the fourth pack has only just been started...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Words...

I am looking for new team members. If you want to join the Coalition and contribute to a pack, please refer to the "Who can join" section found in the spoiler further up, then contact me. The pack works best when we have creators of all kinds of styles, so don't worry about your style matching the others.

Thank you all SO much for your years of support and patience. I hope to soon be able to start giving back to the community again with the next release soon, but until then, you all have a fantastic day and an amazing week!

Dear staff, download is located in second post (which has now been updated). I promise Im not just posting to build hype for next release, this thread also serves to provide the original release after it being gone for multiple years. If there is any issue with this thread/post, please let me know and I will accommodate as soon as possible. Thank you for your time and patience.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    RMC Super Pack - https://goo.gl/jWVrvC
    [​IMG]
    • Super pack consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker VX/ACE, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.
    • Super Pack consisted of all three original packs that were released separately (exactly as they were upon release), as well as a small bonus pack that was exclusive to the Super Pack.
    • Super Pack Credits: Hyde, Andinator, Dekita, McTricky, Neon Black, ShinGamix, Kevvviiinnn, PandaMaru; Terms and Conditions found in pack.
    • NOTE: Due to the nature of this release and how it is now five years old, if any members listed in the credits above want their content removed from the pack for any reason, they can request it whenever they want and the pack will be edited without a second question.

RMC Pack 4 - http://bit.ly/RMCPack4
    [​IMG]
    • Pack 4 consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.
    • Pack 4 Credits: Hyde, Matseb2611, animesock52, Thalzon; Terms and Conditions found in pack.

2017 Holiday Pack - http://bit.ly/RMCHolidayMini
    [​IMG]
    • Holiday Pack consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.
    • Holiday Pack Credits: Hyde, Matseb2611; Terms and Conditions found in pack.

RMC Pack 5 - http://bit.ly/RMCPack5
    [​IMG]
    • Pack 5 consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.
    • Pack 5 Credits: Hyde, Matseb2611, animesock52, Owltears, EpicFILE; Terms and Conditions found in pack.

2018 Spring Pack - http://bit.ly/RMCSpringMini
    [​IMG]
    • Holiday Pack consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker

[​IMG]
    Current Members -
    • Hyde (Founder)
    • Matseb2611
    • animesock52
    • Thalzon
    • Owltears
    • EpicFILE
    • Gabrelik
    • Plueschkatze
    Past Members -
    • Kevvviiinnn (Pack 1 & 2)
    • Neon Black (Pack 2 & 3)
    • Panda Maru (Pack 2)
    • ShinGamix (Pack 2 & 3)
    • Andinator (Pack 3)
    • Dekita (Pack 3)
    • McTricky (Pack 3)

[​IMG]

Want to support the RM.Coalition? Looking for a new banner to show off in your signature? Well I have some news for you! Starting today, we officially have new support banners to put in your signatures if you would like to support the RMC! Just open the following spoiler, find the color/style you want, then copy and paste the code into your signature and viola, you are good to go!

NOTE: All codes are centered. If you do not want the banner centered in your signature, just remove the center tags. Feel free to ask for help if you have issues, I would be glad to help!

RMC Glow Support Blue
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    [center][URL='http://bit.ly/rmcoalition'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ynGRByf.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

RMC Glow Support Green
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    [center][URL='http://bit.ly/rmcoalition'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/fDyXkWO.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

RMC Glow Support Pink
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    [center][URL='http://bit.ly/rmcoalition'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uxikQxD.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey! I am still active and working on all kinds of things. Now that you are back Hyde, lets talk and come up with some new stuff!! This is the first I have heard about this. The Slogan is RM Coalition the team with a mission...since there is still not one yet..lol

4. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I just came back to the community the other day and I've been working on getting this thread ready ever since. Call it my grand comeback, lol.

Still, it is so cool seeing RMC veterans still around! This only is getting me more excited to bring it back.

5. animesock52

animesock52 Sock Witch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This looks really cool!
    I'd would love to possibly join this!

6. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be cool! Feel free to hit me up whenever, I'll be around! Looking to get a team together for the first pack, so you're more than welcome to join. :)

7. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for the double post, but got a bit of an update regarding the Coalition...

------------------------

• Pack 4 has officially been started and looks like its going to be decent sized.
    • The team has also picked up a couple members and is currently open to anyone also wanting to join in. Please contact me privately though if that is the case.
    • If you have any suggestions for Pack 4, or just things you personally would like to see, please feel free to let me know in this thread and I will see what I can arrange. The current list of resources in the pack are expansions to the default MV lists (so extra title screen resources, music, gameovers, etc). I can't promise every request will make it in Pack 4, but I will try to get a little something in there for all kinds of people, not to mention if 4 goes over well there will be more packs in the future.
    Thank you all for your time and patience. If any more news comes up within the next few days, I will update this post instead of posting again, so make sure to check back here if you are curious.

starlight dream likes this.
  8. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update time!

---------------------

We roped Thalzon in on it now too! RMC can never be a replacement for the wildly successful Restaff, but my goal is to invite previous Restaff contributors to be a guest contributor at least once in RMC. I felt bringing in some guest contributors each time would allow RMC to have a decent amount of variance between packs. But with all that said, Ill move on to other updates...

The pack is nearing release. AnimeSock is bringing us some awesome character artworks, Matseb has been hard at work on some sideview battlers and a few windowskins, and I have been compiling title screen resources, game overs, loading screens, and even a few extras. We have discussed future packs a little, mostly about a format we would like to use. A Christmas pack is in beginning discussion to be released after pack 4, but the holiday pack will be smaller and more themed, not being a true fifth pack but more of a bonus pack (if you will). Pack 5, while it hasnt been discussed yet, will probably be set for early spring and will be around the size of pack 4 or bigger. But that is a ways away, Im sure you came here for Pack 4 information... So, I have a quick preview for you of what I have been working on myself. Its just a taste as the number of title screen resources I have so far is getting pretty large, so make sure to wait for the pack to check out the rest!

Preview -

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The preview shows three example title screens, three gameovers, and four loading options. The title screens are examples because titles in MV are split into foreground images (titles2) and background images (titles1), so I made sure to give a good number of options for both so you can mix and match to make new combinations.

--------------------

So, that's it for now, just wanted to give the preview and quick update. There won't be another update before the pack 4 release, so expect an announcement on that soon! Thank you all for your time and patience, I'll talk to you all later!

Matseb2611 and starlight dream like this.
  9. Padramyr

Padramyr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just wanted to say thank you for bringing this back up! :)
    And you will get a PM soon. I just need to gather some examples of my work xD

starlight dream likes this.
  10. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh cool, hit me up when you're ready. If you want, there is still even time to get in on this pack if you want.

11. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Taking donations? Still going to be working on VxAce Tiles?

12. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Donations would depend, message me in private if you want. And working on tiles for older makers would depend on the demand. The stuff we are working on really aren't too Maker specific as we don't have many tiles in this next pack, but feel free to leave suggestions on what you would like to see in the future and we can discuss it among the team for sure!

starlight dream and MMMm like this.
  13. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's here.....

RMC Pack 4 - http://bit.ly/RMCPack4
    [​IMG]
    • Pack 4 consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.
    • Pack 4 Credits: Hyde, Matseb2611, animesock52, Thalzon; Terms and Conditions found in pack.

You can also find this information in Post #2 of this thread for future reference. If you have any questions about Pack 4, RMC, or anything else, feel free to let me know!

I am also beginning recruitment for the holiday mini-pack and Pack 5 right away, so if you want to join RM.Coalition or just want to be a guest contributor, please message me as soon as you can! Thank you all for your support, you all have a wonderful night!

14. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome stuff. It's so great to see it return and to become a part of it. Hopefully we'll see more people contributing in the future packs with some new styles. There's already a pretty nice variety in this one. (And also, may I say, your music style sure has evolved from your older works (in a good way of course!)).

15. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I was working on that concept album for a while, then lost the time to record. I want to get back and finish it though, I was enjoying how it was turning out.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  16. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quick update on RMC....

Pack 5 will be in the planning stage starting 2018, probably right after New Years.

That's a bit off from now, but good news! I'm going to be doing another mini-pack, this time specifically for the holidays. The mini-pack title is "Cthulhu's Crazy Christmas" and will feature both Holiday themed stuff and Elder Horror stuff. Some things will be one theme, some will be the other, some will be both at once, who knows.

Also, I'm recruiting for Pack 5 starting this week even though planning doesn't start for a month. If you want to partake in the pack, please let me know. I'll update the team roster up top when I know who is tossing in.

-------------

Side note, if you have used any resources from any of our packs, from pack 1 to pack 4, please show off some pics or videos of your game, we would love to see them! I even want to show off your works on the RMC website when that goes back up!

17. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright guys, time for the Holiday Mini-Pack!
    Sorry for being late, Ive been crazy busy, but it's release time! Behold, the RMC 2017 Holiday Mini - Cthulhu's Crazy Christmas!

2017 Holiday Pack - http://bit.ly/RMCHolidayMini
    [​IMG]
    • Holiday Pack consists of graphics usable in RPG Maker MV and VN Maker, as well as music resources usable in any RPG Maker.

--------------------------

Side note, I have begun recruitment for Pack 5. I am looking for guest contributors (people who only want to do one pack), team members (sign up for multiple packs), but mainly I need a scripter/plugin writer or two. I really want to put a plugin in the next pack if possible.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  18. EpicFILE

EpicFILE Epic Member Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good stuff. :D
    I wonder if I can join on the future packs?

hyde9318 likes this.
  19. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Absolutely! Just shoot me a message with a few examples of what you can do, what you would like to do for the group (resource wise), and we can go on from there! @EpicFILE

EpicFILE likes this.
  20. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    On the 13th day of Christmas, Cthulhu has brought us an RMC mini-pack. :D

Btw, it's good you noted in the terms about the commercial usage of Cthulhu theme and mythos. That's a good point that people might need to research the copyright on that. I totally didn't think of that so my terms still allow commercial usage. Might have to be careful with it. I do wonder though, since we have the Mythos Horror pack by PVGames and that has a Cthulhu sprite, as well as some other eldritch beings. Maybe it's not at all that strict?

starlight dream and hyde9318 like this.