invidious

The Invidious Mind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bare with me, please. I'm still a noob so I'm going to try and explain it best I can.
Capture.PNG
(Only have 177 hours clocked in on steam for RMMV)

I've been doing some research for my game but all I come across is scripts or quick events for VX Ace, but I need to make one for RPG Maker MV. So... how?

Here's the logic.

I want the player to respawn in the closest healing center. No "Game Over" screen.
For example, in the first village, the respawn / Healing center is the players home.
Let's say there's a kill rats mission. If the player dies knocks out rats he wakes up in his bed.

I thought about region specific respawns. However, if the player goes to town 2 and doesn't visit hospital / Respawn Center, then logically he can not spawn there. (The player doesn't know it exists because they haven't been there.)

Then I thought about a variable that hospitals / Respawn Centers can set. and if the player gets knocked out they can be transferred there (Via Event -> Content -> Transfer Player | All this would be controlled by an auto run common event [Respawn]).

Then I realized I have NO IDEA how to modify knockout state so it turns on the switch for the common event of Respawn.

Key point: I want this to be active for both random encounters (Troops) and Event Encounters.

Any idea how I can do this?
I had these ideas
*Maybe from troops events to call a common event
-> Would this work for event encounters?

*Maybe from changing gameover screen to comon event

Things I've tried:
Capture.PNG
(Event Battle)
The knockout in Koma Variable is for a dialogue that runs after player is awake.

Capture.PNG
(I tried fiddling with Troops Battle Events but broke the mission so I had to go back to re-planning.)

invidious

The Invidious Mind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started using SRD_GameOverCore and am VERY happy with the results. It routes the gameover screen to a common events and I can route the player from there.

I just add a respawn variable change at the inn quick events and it loads up there.

Just don't forget to heal the player or it'll loop. (And don't add your own fade in fade outs... The game does that already!)

Last edited:

Neutron21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whats your thoughts of something similar to Bio Shock where you respawn by certain respawn points spread out throughout the game?

That plugin you mentioned is it compatible with the current version MV 1.61?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Barthdry wrote on tln143's profile.
Hello tln143 Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Barthdry wrote on 00cassiesmells's profile.
Hello 00casiemells Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D
Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nilero