Rm Mv - ScreenSize on Mobile

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by Eliaquim, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't know for sure where to post this...

Hello people!

I would like some feedback regarding the screen size of my game.
    The first time I used 1280x720 resolution with onscreen controls.
    However, the controls were on the map. Even transparent, they bothered me a little.

So I decided to try to change that a bit and changed the game resolution to 768x720.
    And I found another plugin that lets you put the controls out of game resolution at those black edges. For one thing, it pleased me, as the controls were off the map. Also, the lower resolution gives a little help on weaker phones.
    But I'm really confused, as to which is better ...
    Could you give your opinion?
    Also, if you can install in your phone and give a print here, it would help too ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Eliaquim likes this.
  3. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Pixel Pili Games Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Both are nice, but it really depends on the player. The first resolution can be good if you can manage to implement a good UI that doesn't block much of the screen. The second one is pretty nice since it is like the 4:3 resolution which reminds me of old classic games I play in an emulator, and also because the controls does not clutter the screen.
    Go for the first one if you want a clean look, otherwise the second can also be good if you can replace those black bars with a graphic, which I would do if I know how.
    Could you direct me to this plugin that you used to move the controls out of the map?

Eliaquim likes this.
  4. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @quackenbirdt Hi! Thanks for the answer. I choose the 768x720.
    Its a plugin from Uchuzine. I think the name is MVP_Gamepad.js
    I will ask the author if I can upload a new version(or check in the plugin terms). Tonight or tomorrow :)