Would you like to be able to set between the two resolution scales?

• 2x scale only (640x480)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option for 1x scale (320x240)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This is a method using a helper program, see working in this video:

First download the program through this link:
Password: RpgMaker2000

It only works with version 1.6 of RPG_RT.exe, so older or unlicensed versions didn't work either.

It was not enabled to work with Rm2k3, as it already has a configuration menu, but in the future I may change it.

I have tested on Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10, still plan to test on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

If there is a virus alert or any problem, please don't run the program, take a screenshot of the error, delete the program and let me know here.

Now follows a brief tutorial of the options you can use with this program.
You should put this program inside your game folder, and instead of starting RPG_RT.exe, you should start Game.exe.

You can change the program name to the title of your game.

In standard mode the game will run in windowed mode with 2x scale (640x480). I disabled the use of 1x scaling (320x240) because the performance drops and it is practically not used by anyone

Avaviable options:
  1. Copy the game title to the Game.exe process (visible in task manager)
  2. Force the game to start in windowed mode (640x480)
    (To enable FullScreen mode, change the settings)
  3. Ignores F4, F5 and F12 keys while RPG_RT.exe screen is active
    (You can only re-enable required keys by changing settings)
  4. The game icon changes to the same as Game.exe when the game is running.
    (This does not affect the original RPG_RT.exe, change the icon in the taskbar and in process managers. You can customize the icon or disable this function)
  5. It is possible to include a logo with a transparent background.

In the future, if users show interest:
  1. Version for RPG Maker 2003
    (This will be another tool, as the player can configure this through RPG_RT.exe itself)
  2. Open source code to customize Game.exe icon
    (Tutorial with instructions on how to use the compiler to generate Game.exe. When I do that I will remove the function that uses RPG_RT.ico as it will become unnecessary)
  3. Will change Fullscreen to Windowed Mode in RPG_RT.ini to choose between the two scales
    (0 for Fullscreen; 1 for 320x240; 2 for 640x480)

Setting options in RPG_RT.ini:

Enable Function-Keys:
Enable F4 Key (Toggle Fullscreen/Windowed):
INI:
F4Enabled=1

Enable F5 Key (Window size 1x/2x):
INI:
F5Enabled=1

Enable F12 Key (Restart Game/Goto TitleScreen):
INI:
F12Enabled=1

Fullscreen Mode:
To enable full screen, if you want the player to never switch to windowed mode, just include this in the RPG_RT.ini:
INI:
Fullscreen=1

Dynamic Change Icon:
The Game.exe will dynamically replace the icon in the window and taskbar without affecting RPG_RT.exe. If you prefer to place a custom icon, just copy your own icon into the game folder and rename it to RPG_RT.ico.

If you prefer the game to have the default icon, enable in RPG_RT.ini:
INI:
Icondefault=1

Splash Image:
To make a splash image appear before starting the game place a PNG format image in the folder and rename it Splash.png. The image doesn't need to be transparent, just include the #000 color in all the points that the executable itself will make transparent. You can use 8-bit color.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lya

Yumi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Amazing!!! Loved it!! Definitely use it on my future games!!
( Gonna download it ;w; )
How you would like to get the credits? How would it be?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
No need, good luck with your future projects!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
We can change the exe's icon with example Resource hacker?
I didn't specify any kind of restriction, but the idea here is precisely to avoid using any modification of RPG_RT.exe.

The hardest part was making the icon change dynamically, you can make the game shortcut already have the icon changed to the same as the RPG_RT.ico:
Rm2k-Ico.png
(My OS is not in English)

I hope you understood the tool's proposal.

Edited:
If necessary, I'll share the tool's source code.

Last edited:

NalamiHUN

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
HUN, EN
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I see. I tried with a copy of you program, and running without problem after resource hacker (just i needed restarted my PC to see the changes XD). But thank you anyway. :)

NalamiHUN

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
HUN, EN
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Thanks to you for not "liking" the topic. I get very confused and upset, but it's quite normal.
what? You understanded i think, i dont wanted get upset you. I am not english too, and i dont know always waht word what meaning, sorry.

I mean thank you for answering.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
No, I'm the one who was upset that you didn't know what the "reactions" system means, despite it being a very visual thing in all posts within a thread, and even though it's something used on most social networks:
reactions.png

But I won't prolong the subject... just forget it and please let's not talk about it anymore.
Good luck.

@otherpeoples
I've changed the topic and include the poll in case anyone is interested in an update.
Thanks to those who participate. :smile:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_9_29_2022_3_10_17.png
Welcome to century waterway... I'm thinking of changing the parallax tho to a straight up bridge to make the traveling here make more sense.
I actually did work on my game today. This is momentous enough to warrant a status post.
Working on a character poses plugin!
Aerosys wrote on OcRam's profile.
Just saw your video about Map Generation. What a pity it's gone! It looked really well-made and like an excellent competitor to mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmage