creeperQ7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I've seen games made with RM2k with a slightly larger window size, how can I change it?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello welcome!
They were probably games made with Rm2k3, if not with a different engine that might be an unlicensed modification.

creeperQ7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hello welcome!
They were probably games made with Rm2k3, if not with a different engine that might be an unlicensed modification.
Almost 100% sure it was made with RM2k, resolution was 640x480 while my games have 320x240, any clue?

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
That kind of mystery could be solved way easier if you remember and tell us which games exactly you mean (titles, links, etc). Changing the game screen resolution is only possible by patching, the only thing in existence I know about (besides my own experiments) that can do that is Maniac Patch since version 210519 (RPG2003-1.12 only).

~炬燵あ

creeperQ7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RM2k
That kind of mystery could be solved way easier if you remember and tell us which games exactly you mean (titles, links, etc). Changing the game screen resolution is only possible by patching, the only thing in existence I know about (besides my own experiments) that can do that is Maniac Patch since version 210519 (RPG2003-1.12 only).

~炬燵あ
Game is The Gray Garden

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looked it up, it clearly runs with the normal 320x240.

Just like any other RPG_RT game, 640x480 is the monitor's resolution in fullscreen and the stretched application window size in windowed mode, but not the game screen.

~炬燵あ

creeperQ7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Looked it up, it clearly runs with the normal 320x240.

Just like any other RPG_RT game, 640x480 is the monitor's resolution in fullscreen and the stretched application window size in windowed mode, but not the game screen.

~炬燵あ
Oh, can I change application window size?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

no maker before XP gave access to any part of the code, and it wasn't until MV that all of the code became officially available. And without code acces, things like the screen size can't be changed.

In the case of RM2K(3), those two editors became widely pirated and some of those hackers made patches to change them, giving them additional capacities - but those patches were not legal at that time.

When the RM2k(3) were finally published internationally only a few years ago, their special case of having been widely pirated before was taken into account by (1) requiring specific registration before commercial use, so that any not-registered product is still known as pirated to the company and (2) by writing a patch EULA that specifically allows rewritten patches to be used in exchange of voiding warranty.

So you need to find one of those modern patches made after the patch EULA was released to legally change your program to give it that option, and that basically voids any official support you can get from Degica's helpline (although you can still try to get help through this or other forums)

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Toggle fullscreen / windowed display: F4
Toggle window size (640x480 (default) | 320x240): F5
(F5 opens an advanced display settings window in RPG2003 since 1.11 instead)

Run game windowed without RPG Maker:
"X:\Path To The Game\RPG_RT.exe" NormalPlay ShowTitle Window

Run game windowed with debug features (CTRL, Shift, F9, F10):
"X:\Path To The Game\RPG_RT.exe" TestPlay ShowTitle Window

~炬燵あ

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Almost 100% sure it was made with RM2k, resolution was 640x480 while my games have 320x240, any clue?
You didn't say double the exact size but this:
slightly larger
That's why I couldn't be sure. If you can be more specific it would be easier to help you in the future.

If interested I can create a SplashScreen Launcher that saves the resolution settings in an INI, using this methods:
Run game windowed without RPG Maker:
"X:\Path To The Game\RPG_RT.exe" NormalPlay ShowTitle Window

Edit 2:
@creeperQ7 I finished, it looks like it got functional:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoodbaby317