MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I'm calculating something in an event, or if the damage dealt to a character comes up as a decimal, say 3.5 or something, does Rm2k3 round the number up or down?

Nico_Yazawa

Megamind = Best Girl
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never used RM2k3, but usually in mathematics it depends on what the decimal is. Let's use these numbers as examples, 3.4, 3.3, 3.2 and 3.1. All of these numbers would round down because the tenth place is below 5. Now the numbers, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9, would round up because their tenth places are all at 5 or are above 5.

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand that, but I don't know what Rm2k3 actually does with the decimal. I've tested a number that comes up as 3.5 with an event, and it rounds down to 3, in case anybody has the same question and comes across this thread.

CaRa_CrAzY

Undefined Custom Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
I am not sure, but I think rm2k3 just ignores the decimal part, probably because it is stored as an Int.
I remember in the old days of rm2k3 I used to divide big numbers by 1000, 100 and 10 to get just the individual digits so I would be able to use 4 pictures varying from 0 to 9 for numeric displays.

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know I read that somewhere. But I couldn't remember for sure and I don't think the help file specifically says so I tested it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really want to get a cat... but our puppy is still... well... a puppy and would eat and bark at a cat if we got one... *sighs* I guess I'll wait a couple of years~
unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kentaro_80