RMMV: 1.6.0 update - Event Images Cannot be Changed to Tileset Images

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by DarcyJones, Feb 22, 2018.

1. DarcyJones

DarcyJones Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Issue:
    I'm using RPGMaker MV and after getting my game up and running again after the update I can't seem to change my event images to look like tileset images. I can make them look like characters, chests, doors, etcetera, but when I scroll to the bottom and select a item from the tilesets the game stops, loads, doesn't display the image i selected then crashes.

What I'm Running:
    I'm running RPGMaker MV as previously stated, I have several Yanfly plugins, but really only use the dialogue box ones: YEP_MessageCore, YEP_X_ExtMesPack1. I'm using only the default assets and tilesets, I've made some custom characters in Game Character Hub, but like I said, I can make events look like characters. My game has no combat, I was just making a puzzle game to practice scriptwriting, events, and trying things out with variables and switches to see what was possible. So default assets.

What I've Tried:
    Initially I was unable to playtest my game after the update, but I was able to fix that by creating a new project and copying over the new HTML and .js lib folder. After working on some more events I stumbled onto this new issue. I tried "Verify Integrity of Application Files" as I saw someone else mention that about my previous issue. It did say that "281 files could not be verified" and started a download of something, I'm not sure what. Afterwards the event issue still persisted, so I tried creating a new project, no plugins, everything default, and RMMV still crashed when trying to change an event to appear as a tileset image. So, I backed up what I had again, and uninstalled RMMV. I reinstalled and opened another new project. I didn't want to immediately try my own project or the other I had created. I went down the available images creating events as characters, chests, doors, switches, and then I tried the tilesets. And it worked. I was able to create an event that appeared as an igloo on the map. So, I saved and tried to open my own project. The issue was still there and I couldn't change event images again. I then went back to the New Project to check the tilesets and see if anything was different from my own. I did have the D and E pages of my tileset filled in with some tiles from other sets just so I could have more variety in my own project. When I tried to make another event, without changing anything within the new project, RMMV crashed again. I could no longer change event images after opening my project even on new projects. That's where I am now.

My Apology:
    I'm fairly new to this whole Forum thing and have never posted on one before, I'm trying to recreate my post following all the rules and I apologize if I did something wrong in my previous post for it to become locked and moderated. I'm truly sorry. I will be patient as I'm sure you all have your hands full with all kinds of new bugs and things, updating a game creation software can't be easy. I'm going to uninstall one more time, delete my projects, put my backups on the back burner until a new update comes around or a solution is found, and I'll start a new project and try out something new.

Some Images:
    upload_2018-2-21_16-12-54.png
    This was the new project when I was able to make the igloo event.

upload_2018-2-21_16-15-12.png
    This is me trying to create a tree event after opening my old project then returning to this one.

upload_2018-2-21_16-16-54.png
    This is the only error I get after hitting OK.

upload_2018-2-21_16-24-15.png
    And here is the crash within my own game.

Update: RMMV crashes even if I hit cancel while a tileset image is selected. I am able to deselect the image and pick a character, chest, etcetera without a crash. Interesting... That is all I have. You all have a lovely day.

Attached Files:

ddblue, bvlgari and cji3bp62000 like this.
  2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    DarcyJones and ddblue like this.
  3. motta

motta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Jesus christ I'm having the same issue, I'm trying to rush my project this week but now I can't event anything because of this error!
    You can fix it by downgrading the application to version 1.5.1, tho, while they fix this annoying bug on the new patch.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    ddblue likes this.
  4. Proelium_Ex_Deus

Proelium_Ex_Deus God of War... & Tinkerer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was just about to create a thread on this. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's experienced this (so I know it's not just me, lol)... sucks for everyone that there is such a major bug on a new release tho. Guess that means my project will collect dust for the next month+, or until the next update comes out. Sigh.

ddblue likes this.
  5. Wisestwol

Wisestwol Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep, having this exact problem too. Devs need to fix this asap pleaassseee. So annoying when an update creates bugs that stall all progress,

6. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Exact same problem here. Just adding my voice to the chorus. Now I have to research how to downgrade ... :/

7. Proelium_Ex_Deus

Proelium_Ex_Deus God of War... & Tinkerer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For those looking to "downgrade" (esp. those running the Steam ver, like I am), here's what I suggest: Instead of trying to find &/or mess with re-patching your software to an earlier version, just download the standalone ver. of RMMV 1.51 (I linked below), & install it in a different loc. on your HDD (I named mine RMMV 1.51, as an example)... & KEEP the current Steam, or 1.6 ver. (if you like). Once installed, open the program via your 1.51 install folder (&/or create a shortcut of the new install on your desktop), then open your old (1.51) game from the engine's "File Menu" (assuming you haven't updated your project's JS & index files yet). This was the simplest, & most painless (lol) way I think it can be done. If you're not running Steam, then you're probably golden (just don't download &/or update your project file... or... as always, backup your project files before updating). Good luck, & happy gaming / programming!!

RMMV 1.51 Standalone Download (have your registration key ready!!)

**Edit**
    I tried the whole "beta" option in my Steam window, but that option wouldn't work for me (for some reason). So, instead of trying to dissect the problem, I just decided that a temp. install would suffice... & hope that this temp. solution may help others.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  8. DarcyJones

DarcyJones Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you ^-^ I'm super new to this and don't even know what a support ticket is. I didn't see anyone else posting about this issue at the time, it was day 1, and I was frustrated at first, but decided to try and be uber descriptive and follow the guidelines to post the issue.

I ended up downgrading to 1.5 the next day and just resuming from there.

Thanks again, have a lovely day,
    Darcy :3

9. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just encountered this problem. It's indeed quite problematic.

10. caiopalhares

caiopalhares Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Same here... Any news from the devs?