Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

For at least one of my actors, I would like the option for them to take 2 turns in a row, if they can afford the cost (it would cost the full TP gauge of 100 TP, so I suppose it would be a skill?). I'm having trouble finding any parameters or notes that would allow an actor to do one complete turn and then immediately take a second complete turn before anyone else (ally or enemy) gets to go. I'm using Charge Turn Battle/ CTB style from Yanfly's BattleEngineCore.

Is this possible? I don't want to just give them insanely high stats that makes them *always* go faster than everyone else. If it's not possible, is there a somewhat-similar option, such as a way to let the actor use two Magic moves in a row before their turn is over (still conditioned upon a skill that costs 100 TP, as opposed to it always being available)? Thank you!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try Action Times +, its under traits -> other -> Action Times +
I'm not sure if it will be compatible w/ CTB but u can give it a try. If you just want it to affect normal attacks, use Attack Times + (traits -> attack -> Attack Times +) which is what I use for dual wielders

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the suggestion (again!). Sadly, "Action Times +" appears to literally do nothing. The description of the trait (when I hover over the label) says it's supposed to increase the probability of taking multiple actions - which, in theory, is exactly what I'm looking for - but I've just run through a bunch of practice battles (to try and increase the sample size a little) and nothing changed. The Action Times + trait maxes at 100% (still does nothing), and I even tried inserting multiple repeats of the trait, in case they would stack. Nothing :( Maybe it's because the battles are in CTB mode, but I'm not willing to change the battle style.

On the other hand, the "Attack Times +" trait does seem to work properly, which is a good thing to know, in case there ends up being no way to actually perform multiple, unique actions (I'd really like the flexibility of two unique actions that could each include skills/magic, as opposed to it only being limited to regular attacks).

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is most likely incompatible with CTB, unfortunately. There is to invoke an instant action tho, which would effectively give you an extra turn, but I don't remember how to implement it and whether it was a default feature or a Yanfly plugin. Perhaps someone else can chine in.

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: Unfortunately, the Instant Action route doesn't work either (I'm assuming it's just because of CTB ). Instant Actions don't allow for two moves either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutsackjack