Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Got a question regarding a state I'm making for a skill.

Basically I'm making a skill which for here is "Fire Absorb" which I have set up with the Element Rate 160% and using Yanflys absorb plugin; which works great! No issues with the plugin (which is why I put this question here rather then with the plugin help).
My issue is I want this states removal condition to be if the corresponding element hits the actor; rather then by turns.
So if Fire Absorb skill is used, the state turns on the actor and it only goes away if the enemy uses a Fire skill/attack. If it uses a physical or any other element; the state stays on indefinitely.

I had a couple ideas which all of them so far haven't been what I'm looking for;
- When character takes damage = 0, which works however that would be if any hits land not just fire abilities.
- When character gets healed, but again if the player heals using any other means it would turn off the state

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Absorb.png
    Absorb.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I understand what you're saying, you can put the state on the actor when they use the skill. Then on all enemy skills that you want to remove the state, add a common event to check if the target has that state, remove it.

Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, I understand what you mean by adding a common event to check if the actor has the absorb state so I went ahead and gave it a try but not sure what I'm doing wrong here; (hopefully something I'm just glossing over!)

Here's some pictures as well. With the enemies fire attacks I went ahead and added a new state "Fire" which does nothing except to work with the common event, or so how I thought.
In my common event I have "If actor is affected by Pyro Absorb" - "if actor is affected by Fire" then turn off the absorb state.

What am I missing here? Still definitely new to common events and just now dealing with database skills and such.
Is the extra state given to the enemy fire skills needed? Or is there an easier way?

Attachments

• CommonEvent.png
    CommonEvent.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FireSkill.png
    FireSkill.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FireState.png
    FireState.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 4

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is extremely late, and probably necroposting, but I think your problem lies in the common event. When you are checking for if an enemy has a state, you can choose between 1 to 8 different options. These are the "target IDs," and each ID is related to a certain enemy in the troop or party member, numbed based on the order you added them in or in the order the actor are currently set up in the party. Sadly, you can not target all targets at once with a common event like the one you used, so instead you need to make 10 separate conditional branches, first checking if there even is a target assigned to said ID, then checking if the state is currently applied on it, and then finally removing the state. Your common event didn't work because it was only tied to one target, most likely ID1, (IDK I didn't see the full pictures. I'm pretty much legally blind) which would only be the first member in your party. If the target was anyone else but the party leader, the common event will not work. Hope this helped!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made the logo and title screen for my game (Still rough but at least it's got a design now)
Eyy1s2gXIAMzfFN
Eyy1s2hXMAEmiRA
BCj
Whelp, it's been a while. Had another retina surgery on april 1st on my left eye. Well, 4 time's the charm, right? *recovery mode on*
The next JABS update will include ally AI and an aggro system.

Question:
What would YOU expect to happen if you had four+ party members in an ABS, all fighting either together or separately or a mix of the two, and the player hits "swap leader" button?
It currently pulls all followers to the player's location, removes all aggro towards enemies, and swaps them.
Time to wear a new face again...

Should keep things interesting huh? @EpicFILE :p
unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrXGB