RMMV Auto save & Auto load help

CodexGaming

The Codex
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basics I and trying to do 2 things. When my game starts I have a little room where you design your character and as you leave you are given the options to press on or turn back and keep designing your char. I want to make it so when you choose to press on the game auto saves your save slot into the open slot. So currently the slot is empty and I'd like to fill it with a save using a script or maybe a JS. Either way is fine by me. Then also Loading... At the title menu when you hit Continue it loads your 1 and only save slot. Same as the auto save, script or JS either is fine. I am using Yep. Savecore for the autosave while roaming around the map just so you know ahead of time if a JS is needed i just don't want it to clash with it. Yeps savecore is helping me auto save every 5 seconds so if you drop an item poof it saves lol

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Autosave extension of the YEP Savecore Saves to the last accessed Savefile. So nothing to do here.

I don't really think a plugin is necessary but a bit of JS will be needed.

You'll have to, after creating your character, save via scriptcall (because if I understand well, you don't wanna use a save/load window). So, when you press on, just call this script :

Code:
$gameSystem.onBeforeSave();DataManager.saveGame(1);
Then your one and only save is created, and Autosave will write on it.

Then for the main menu screen, You'll have to tweak a command in js/rpg_scenes.js file around line 500, where the continue command is handled.

I'll look around if I got time, and if anybody hasn't solved the problem until then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xericho