Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That shield-like animation at the start will be marvelous for a cutscene I have in mind. Thanks for sharing these!

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Guys.
Firstly, Thanks for all the likes you've been giving my posts. It means a lot to me that it's helping you guys out.

Secondly, here's another pallet for you. This one is rather large! Reason for it being so big is that I decided that I'd make this animation in sections so that if you wanted to use just a specific part then you can and thus I didn't mix up the animation. Hope that makes sense... lol.

Anyway here it is, my Take on Cloud's FF7 Blade Beam Limit Break skill.

BeamBlast By Coopziana.png

Note: With enemies spawning in different locations in most games you will have difficulty making the second part of this skill (the part where it split from enemy 1 location and moves towards all other enemy locations. So I suggest having the second part as some kind of explosion. ut i'll leave that to your creativity. I'd love to see the results you guys come up with, so please share them along with your action sequences.

I won't bother with my action sequence for this one as it's a simple case of:

<Target action>
Action Animation: Target
Animation Wait: x
Action Effect: Target
Animation Wait: x
Action Effect: Enemies
</Target action>

Pretty straight forward

Enjoy!

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Woah, I've been looking for a Blade Beam animation a while back, which I did get, but only now do I see this, haha.

If you want my opinion on Mathemagicks, it can get OP real fast. I would have it set so that there is 20% chance that the value is divided by 2. It would still be OP, but at least you have some sort of drawback.

If you are still on requests, why not try something like Mega Man X2's Giga Crush? It has 2 animations : one on the user gathering a lot of energy, and one on the screen when he releases it.
If you need to a visual, here's a link on what I mean (the link should lead to the Giga Crush, if it doesn't, it's at 01:25) :
With everything Yanfly made, it's a wonder why there are no skills like Giga Crush on the games I played.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Woah, I've been looking for a Blade Beam animation a while back, which I did get, but only now do I see this, haha.

If you want my opinion on Mathemagicks, it can get OP real fast. I would have it set so that there is 20% chance that the value is divided by 2. It would still be OP, but at least you have some sort of drawback.

If you are still on requests, why not try something like Mega Man X2's Giga Crush? It has 2 animations : one on the user gathering a lot of energy, and one on the screen when he releases it.
If you need to a visual, here's a link on what I mean (the link should lead to the Giga Crush, if it doesn't, it's at 01:25) :
With everything Yanfly made, it's a wonder why there are no skills like Giga Crush on the games I played.
@Yoshifull thanks for the advice on Mathemagicks, i've set my own up to reset if they use different skill so goes back to 2 damage. You could also just decrease the amount the power raises by each turn to make it take more turns to get a lot of power behind it. I guess it's just a case of balancing since you don't want the skill to take so long to power up that it's not worth the time getting it that powerful, but at the same time not so fast that it wipes out enemies in 3 turns lol.

Regarding the "Giga Crush" Skill. You could achieve this with my Mustard Bomb & Beam Blast Palletsets. Here's how I would do it:
1. Select Mustard Bomb and set the Hue to 60.
2. Second Pallet select Beam Blast and leave Hue at 0.
3. Start at Frame 1 and choose Pattern 31 at 500% Zoom, X/Y = 0
4. Set your animation to 62 Frames.
5. Go to Frame 31 put in Pattern 1 at 500% Zoom, X/Y = 0
6. Tween Frames 1 to 31. That's the power up done!

7. Go to Frame 61. Put in Patter 55 at at 1000% Zoom, X/Y = 0
8. Tween frames 31 to 62. That's the explosion done.

9. Then add in Patterns 170 - 191 for the flare lines around your character anywhere you feel it needs to go.

Due to the sheer size of the animation you won't need to do it over 2 separate animations since you can set the whole thing to user with a screen flash. it will be large enough to cover the screen lol.

If you want something a little more customised, I can sort something out for you when I have some time. I'll keep it on my radar.

Sorry for the TL;DR. lol

TSL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imfayzer