[RMMV, BGM] Which program would you edit your OGG Battle BGM in order to make it a loop?

Pervert_Tentacle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a bought OGG file and according to the documents I'm allowed to edit the file as long as it's for the creation of my game.

Anyway, that OGG file is so cool to use it as battle theme. Only one problem: it has an ending and it doesn't have any loop version in the files I received. I'd like to edit by myself, I want to keep the action going.

Which program do you use to modify a OGG file and shorten it a little until it fits and becomes a loop? I have Sony Vegas but I don't have it installed (yet!) and I don't know if it's compatible with OGG audio files.

If your program has a Steam software store page, please leave a link.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Iam not very used to this but you could try Audacity it is for free.
Thisone works with OGG.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using Audacity for years, including for the purpose of creating loops, always worked perfectly. You also don't have to cut from a song to make it loop from begin to end. There's tutorials on how to find the timing points, and set those in the properties when you save the song that will make a song loop between those 2 points. It's good for if you want to play the intro once, and then continue to loop the rest of the song.

Reactions: Bex

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup, Audacity! Tried so many audio editing software but Audacity still the most simple and capable to do many things.

Cyberhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Audacity. It's super quick and easy to use once you get used to it. It can also convert Mp3 files into Oggs.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr