[RMMV, BGM] Which program would you edit your OGG Battle BGM in order to make it a loop?

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a bought OGG file and according to the documents I'm allowed to edit the file as long as it's for the creation of my game.

Anyway, that OGG file is so cool to use it as battle theme. Only one problem: it has an ending and it doesn't have any loop version in the files I received. I'd like to edit by myself, I want to keep the action going.

Which program do you use to modify a OGG file and shorten it a little until it fits and becomes a loop? I have Sony Vegas but I don't have it installed (yet!) and I don't know if it's compatible with OGG audio files.

If your program has a Steam software store page, please leave a link.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Iam not very used to this but you could try Audacity it is for free.
Thisone works with OGG.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using Audacity for years, including for the purpose of creating loops, always worked perfectly. You also don't have to cut from a song to make it loop from begin to end. There's tutorials on how to find the timing points, and set those in the properties when you save the song that will make a song loop between those 2 points. It's good for if you want to play the intro once, and then continue to loop the rest of the song.

Reactions: Bex

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup, Audacity! Tried so many audio editing software but Audacity still the most simple and capable to do many things.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Audacity. It's super quick and easy to use once you get used to it. It can also convert Mp3 files into Oggs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfco7