[RMMV, BGM] Which program would you edit your OGG Battle BGM in order to make it a loop?

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a bought OGG file and according to the documents I'm allowed to edit the file as long as it's for the creation of my game.

Anyway, that OGG file is so cool to use it as battle theme. Only one problem: it has an ending and it doesn't have any loop version in the files I received. I'd like to edit by myself, I want to keep the action going.

Which program do you use to modify a OGG file and shorten it a little until it fits and becomes a loop? I have Sony Vegas but I don't have it installed (yet!) and I don't know if it's compatible with OGG audio files.

If your program has a Steam software store page, please leave a link.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Iam not very used to this but you could try Audacity it is for free.
Thisone works with OGG.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using Audacity for years, including for the purpose of creating loops, always worked perfectly. You also don't have to cut from a song to make it loop from begin to end. There's tutorials on how to find the timing points, and set those in the properties when you save the song that will make a song loop between those 2 points. It's good for if you want to play the intro once, and then continue to loop the rest of the song.

Reactions: Bex

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup, Audacity! Tried so many audio editing software but Audacity still the most simple and capable to do many things.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Audacity. It's super quick and easy to use once you get used to it. It can also convert Mp3 files into Oggs.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS