RMMV Breath of the Wild Weather System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by dragonx777, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, I know there are a lot of weather plugins. I am using Mog's Weather-EX and Ocrum Weather EX to get the effects I want, and I know you can event them, but I'm looking for an easier way. I have more weather conditions in my game aside from Rain, Snow and Storm and that's a lot of conditional branches. What I am looking for is a plugin that can randomize weather based on time of day (I am using Mog's Time System and i have the eventing set for every 4 hours) and region. I would also like to have a HUD similar to BotW if at all possible. I have all the mechanics laid out, but it's the randomness that I'm more interested in along with the ability to show the player at least the current and future weather (updated as they enter a new region). It doesn't have to scroll like in BotW. I already have the commercial-free images that I will be using for the weather conditions.

Additionally, switches turned on when a weather event is active. I'm making it so that each condition boosts elemental spells or increased enemy difficulty.

Here are my weather conditions:

Clear, Partly Cloudy, Cloudy, Light Rain, Heavy Rain, Thunderstorm, Severe Storm, Snow, Blizzard, Wind, Gale, Heatwave, Sandstorm, Fog, Ash Storm, Miasma.

Something like this on the HUD (able to reposition through the plugin settings)
    upload_2018-10-30_15-51-42.png

If eventing is the only way, then I'm fine with that. I do think that something like this would be beneficial to the community as it can add more depth and strategy to any game being made. Plus it would save time in the long run during game development.

For some reason, I'm not able to embed links at the moment, but if more information is needed, I'd be happy to supply it.

I'm not sure the complexity of this. I know that Orange (Huddell) has one, but it's very basic and doesn't look like it's supported anymore. Additionally, SoulPour777(?) had one, but it's not existent anymore and that is due to the fact that he ripped his code. Even still, I doubt it randomized this type of event.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

2. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I actually have something akin to what you're talking about in my own projects, minus the hud elements. Which I created with a combination of an integrated time & weather system, that works off variable values to identify weather regions, & variable RNG that cycle on in game time increments. It takes a little time to set up, but I am rather pleased with the results.

You could conceivably use pictures display commands linked to the variable conditions for your hud, & then integrate the additional weather effects provided by the plugins you've mentioned to increase weather variety. I will link to a guide I wrote up that shows how I set it up in my own project, it certainly won't be as expedient as a plugin set up to already create what you're talking about; however, I am not certain of the existence of such a plugin to begin with.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341167707

dragonx777 likes this.
  3. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I’m actually using that now and it’s an exceptional tutorial. I doubt something like this for a plug-in would come into existence soon as I’m certain it would be some kind of undertaking. But here’s hoping.

Thanks for the help and the suggestion. I’d be happy to share my results once built.

4. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am glad you've found it useful.

5. Nedwal

Nedwal Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    u can get the hud elements with sumrdmdde's hud maker. set a few switches according to your weather or just use the variables and make those the conditions for weather images to show on your hud. i myself am doing a similar thing with weather and date as ffxi.

...and yes, Harbinger, awesome tutorial... stol... ah i mean i'm using it all

6. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's what I wound up doing. And it's set up complicated but it works so well.

Thread can be closed.

7. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.