RMMV Can a Battle Skill affect everyone?

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I'd like to make a skill that deals damage or applies buffs / debuffs / status effects to everyone in the battle at the same time, including the attacker, all the attacker's allies, and all the attacker's enemies. So, literally, *everyone* on both sides of the battle. Is that possible? When I look at the various Scope options for a skill, it looks like it's pretty much limited to affecting your team *or* the opposing team, as opposed to all battlers on both sides. If there's no simple default option to get this to occur, or a quick JS code I can add somewhere, then maybe a plugin exists that addresses this? Thanks!

petpous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion, so make 2 skills that add the buff but make one of them affect allies and 1 affect enemies, then have the first skill also run the 2nd skill screenshot4.PNG have the common event run the skill that affects the enemy (force skill)

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion, so make 2 skills that add the buff but make one of them affect allies and 1 affect enemies, then have the first skill also run the 2nd skill View attachment 188797 have the common event run the skill that affects the enemy (force skill)

Oh that's interesting... like have the Common Event do multiple things (addressing both sides of the battle), like Change HP for the entire party + Change Enemy HP for the entire troop, if I want to damage/heal both sides of the fight, or apply a state to all allies and apply an identical state to all enemies as two instructions for the same Common Event?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about THIS plugin from Yanfly?
Just put the <Target: Everybody> note tag into the skill's note box.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin suggestion, while not free, is a better solution.

If you go the common event route, the event gets called after the skill resolves, so it will visually be two separate things (and you'll get the name popping up twice and everything).

The targeting plugin avoids that; and if you use it in conjunction with Yanfly's Action Sequences (which are free), you can make the skill resolve its effects on all of its targets simultaneously instead of one at a time, if you want.

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Target Core plugin with <Target: Everybody> ended up working perfectly! The Common Event situation somewhat works, although has more restrictions (e.g., the enemies who take damage from themselves didn't have their damage numbers pop up the way my allies do). Thanks everyone!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p
Ok so......Maaaaybe I've taken a ''little'' bit of inspiration from FF9 when it comes to battle hud xD

ff9.PNG

Just maybe....
New version of my wife's art for Tundra's opening map. No new version of Katrina yet, but I think this looks awesome.1624062754755.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raytoly