[RMMV] Can I target pieces of equipment to attack?

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,
Is anyone aware of a method for being able to target specific pieces of equipment to attack? Using Yanfly's durability plugin with Maliki's addon for it I think provides the functionality I need to track the damage, but I need a way to target the individual pieces via skills.

TheGentlemanLoser

True friends stab you in the front
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This can be evented fairly easily, if you're concerned primarily with PCs doing it to enemies (which I think sounds a lot more fun) rather than enemies doing it to PCs. Simply "alias" the weapon in question/equipment in question as another enemy, so the player can target it separately. Use the Traits of that "enemy" (along with other YF plugins) so that directly or indirectly the equipment "enemy" allows for the enemy to use one or more skills, and/or provides a passive buff to "all enemies". This method isn't perfect but it could be a place to start. Thus when that enemy is killed (and that "equipment" destroyed) the enemy loses the benefits of that equipment.

(FWIW this same methodology can be used to allow players to target enemy "body parts" and "dismember" them, a la Fear and Hunger (among many other earlier examples that's just the one that popped into my head).)

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, this is something for the PC to use on enemies, not so much the other way around, though it could be. Can you give some more detail on how to "alias" weapons? As I have it now, all enemies and the PC are pre-equipped and, at least for now, the equipment won't change. It's a space game, so the equipment on the first enemies are simply an engine and a single weapon. I'd like to e able to have the PC attack, through a skill, those pieces of equipment separately from the main ship.
Ideally those pieces would only be able to be targeted through the skill (Precision Strike: Engines), not via the standard attack, but I'll go with whatever system works.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttkkttuu