LisaW

☆彡
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't find a thread for this. Sorry if it's been asked before...

Is there a way to change the text size and position within the message box without using a plugin?

I want to use the dimmed message box (without a faceset placed within the box) and place the text, so there's a little bit of blank space left on each side. I also want to make the text size a bit smaller, maybe even change the text size of the entire game. I hope this makes sense... :kaoeh:

Also, can you change the font without using a plugin?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please check the help file or the help overlay for the text codes.
That lists the only things that can be changed without a plugin - and it only includes text size changes.

changing the font without a plugin requires HTML/CSS knowledge and will change it for the entire game.

most of what you list is easier done by plugin, and should be done by plugin.

LisaW

☆彡
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, @Andar !

Next time I will check those files first before asking.

I will grab a plugin then! :kaohi:

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(except the font change, but I think I'll keep the default one
I know Yanfly's (YEP) stuff can do fonts too... I would have thought it to be in Message Core, but if not maybe it's just in Yanfly's master plug in - whatever it's called. Yep-Core or something (which coincidentally sounds like a music genre furries would play at a rave)

But the font in just in a folder somewhere in your game data, so if you take any font you like and give it the same name as the font in the folder, then it will replace all of the fonts in the game with the new font.

LisaW

☆彡
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know Yanfly's (YEP) stuff can do fonts too... I would have thought it to be in Message Core, but if not maybe it's just in Yanfly's master plug in - whatever it's called. Yep-Core or something (which coincidentally sounds like a music genre furries would play at a rave)

But the font in just in a folder somewhere in your game data, so if you take any font you like and give it the same name as the font in the folder, then it will replace all of the fonts in the game with the new font.

You're right! I managed to change the font with YEP Message Core, awesome!

I fiddled around a bit more, since in the plugin description it says you can change the font, but I can't figure out what to type into the 'gamefont.ccs' if I want to add a second or even third font. :kaoswt2: I guess that's what the plugin 'Load Custom Fonts' is for.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot. Maybe I'll add a selfmade font to my game~

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!
2-0!!
1670083194124.png

Sorry to my fellow RPG maker users who are in the USA... We're kicking your butts! :)
(It's 2-0 at half time in the 8th finals of the WC Soccer. Loser goes home.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottaSpice