Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I have a specific conflict between the Class Trees and the Stats of my actors, and I can't seem to find any other threads that have already addressed this issue. Please check out the attached image as a reference. An actor starts with their original class, and as a reward for reaching the (max) level 10 in their class, they unlock 2 new class options for them to select. This begins a class tree with multiple branches (resetting the levels every time, so that every class starts at 1, maxes at 10, and unlocks 2 new, unique classes). As the actor grows from level 1 to 10 each time, and as the actor switches to more advanced classes, the stats increase and they learn more skills. So far so good, as long as they stick to one, linear, ever-advancing path, because I can just make the next advanced tier of classes stronger (stats-wise) than the classes before them (C and D will have better stats than A, and E and F will have better stats than B ).

However, I also want the player to consider exploring multiple paths of the tree simultaneously and/or to start a new branch later in the game (to get more skills and stat bonuses for every new level gained). This is where the problem is, because if they make a lateral class change (like completing A to level 10, and then going back to work on B starting at level 1) or a backwards class change (like completing C and then exploring the right branch, starting at B ), their higher stats significantly drop (since their new class is technically less advanced than their previous class). All the unlocked skills and spells are retained just fine, but I don't want a level 10 advanced class C actor losing most of their stats-progress when they switch to a level 1 class B actor; I want the actor to continue to build on the stats-progress from other branches. I would like all of the increased stats across all of the classes and levels to be retained, regardless of the current class, just like the unlocked skills and spells are, so that there is never a loss in stats when a class is switched (even laterally or backwards to a new branch). I want the improvement in stats to be permanently preserved throughout the whole game.

Is my goal clear? And is it possible? I've been tinkering with a bunch of Yanfly's plugins and trying different things, but I can't seem to accomplish this goal while retaining the other details (level 1-10 resets, player not limited to just one path, etc.). And if, sadly, you don't believe it's possible, are there any suggestions you could make for trying something similar-but-not-identical-to-what-I'm-looking-for? Thank you!

Attachments

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try Yanfly's YEP_ClassChangeCore & YEP_X_Subclass. There's an option in the subclass plugin that lets u use x% of that subclass's stats to add on top of the original class

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks staf00; that's a pretty interesting idea! That doesn't exactly retain the progress across *all* branches, but that basically seems to add on one additional branch's worth of stats by allowing me to combine 2 classes worth of progress. That's definitely better than nothing though; I'm going to keep tinkering, and hopefully a "perfect" solution will eventually emerge, either from my research or from other responses from veterans who know MV better than I do!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xericho