ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so with my purchase of MZ I stumbled upon this parallax (which is also the reference here):

CloudShadow_mvt.png
And then I decided to use this parallax in MV in conjunction with VE_FogAndOverlay.

It works perfectly well, but I found that the cloud pattern was a little too repetitive.
(Looking at the picture, there are 4 clouds total in there)

So my request is this; can someone make or point me towards a similar parallax with more different clouds?

I would like the size of the individual clouds to stay roughly the same, but with a bigger overall picture to fit more clouds in. (And obviously it has to be able to scroll seamlessly, just like in the reference)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you can use 1 image or more images, why not duplicate that one, mirror it,
copy paste for more clouds, reduce in size, and use that as reference for another
layer of clouds?

you can also copy past a cloud, mirror it and add it or something more dynamic?

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you considered Mog's Weather EX plugin? It will randomize the clouds far better plus it uses a much smaller image so it's far more RAM efficient. Also it's super easy to make clouds, just open up an art program (I like Krita since it's free and like Photoshop), select a fluffy looking brush, set the opacity to sub 50% and blotch the page a few times. Boom, clouds! :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drags4g