ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so with my purchase of MZ I stumbled upon this parallax (which is also the reference here):

CloudShadow_mvt.png
And then I decided to use this parallax in MV in conjunction with VE_FogAndOverlay.

It works perfectly well, but I found that the cloud pattern was a little too repetitive.
(Looking at the picture, there are 4 clouds total in there)

So my request is this; can someone make or point me towards a similar parallax with more different clouds?

I would like the size of the individual clouds to stay roughly the same, but with a bigger overall picture to fit more clouds in. (And obviously it has to be able to scroll seamlessly, just like in the reference)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you can use 1 image or more images, why not duplicate that one, mirror it,
copy paste for more clouds, reduce in size, and use that as reference for another
layer of clouds?

you can also copy past a cloud, mirror it and add it or something more dynamic?

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you considered Mog's Weather EX plugin? It will randomize the clouds far better plus it uses a much smaller image so it's far more RAM efficient. Also it's super easy to make clouds, just open up an art program (I like Krita since it's free and like Photoshop), select a fluffy looking brush, set the opacity to sub 50% and blotch the page a few times. Boom, clouds! :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour