[RMMV] Commom event calls exceeded the limit (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone. I'm having trouble using common events to create a board game type.

Basically, everything happens via common events so I don't need to change all events in the map manually. (You know what i mean, right?)

I've been using RPG Maker for 12 years now and never got this error.

I read here that I'm probably stacking to many common event calls for the engine to process.

I could put some screenshots here but my event setup is very confusing right now to be explained.

AlI I know is that one Common event is calling another and they end up in a cycle indeed, but it's not a infinity loop and non of them are set to autorun or parallel process. That is, each event is suppose to run once.

I made a diagram, maybe it will help:
diagram-projetox-01.png

Obs.: I put a 1 frame wait comand in each Common event. Also tried using "Exit Event Processing" and "Erase event" in every common event page to "force stop" but it didn't worked.

I found something about using the wait command here.

I got the error after some time playing (about 16 turns):
1585420346220.png

I would love a plugin as a solution, maybe something to "clean common events cache" or maybe "Interrupting a common event" to avoid being stacked in the engine's memory. I don't know..

I don't know much about java or pure scripts, so if you know a solution using it, please explain to me. :)

Thanks!

Attachments

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am by no means an expert but I think that article is saying when you create a "loop" like this with common event calls they continually stack from whatever ORIGINAL event called them. It doesn't "close" one when you move onto the next and once you reach the limit of events you can stack it will crash.

So instead of:
Common Event 1 > stop ce 1 > play ce2

It does:
CE1 > CE1 opens CE2 > CE1 uses CE2 to call CE3 > CE1 uses CE2 uses CE3 to call CE4... etc.

---------------------------------------------

I think you need to break the "loop" every turn/player set as to reset the amount of common events calling the next in the "chain" as that chain can only contain 100 events. I am not 100% sure the best way to do that, I am only intermediate myself! :kaocry: But the article does say this if it makes any sense:

One solution could be to introduce a common event which launches the common events for each menu item corresponding to a variable. Each of the common events will exchange the explicit calls to other menu common events with an implicit call by changing the variable and then exiting. The launcher common event will then call the common event.
We now have a structure which should not continuously increase the size of the stack.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you get a plugin to "break" the stack, then it will break your game. You should design your game in a way that it's not making common events call each other in a loop.

Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am by no means an expert but I think that article is saying when you create a "loop" like this with common event calls they continually stack from whatever ORIGINAL event called them. It doesn't "close" one when you move onto the next and once you reach the limit of events you can stack it will crash.

So instead of:
Common Event 1 > stop ce 1 > play ce2

It does:
CE1 > CE1 opens CE2 > CE1 uses CE2 to call CE3 > CE1 uses CE2 uses CE3 to call CE4... etc.

---------------------------------------------

I think you need to break the "loop" every turn/player set as to reset the amount of common events calling the next in the "chain" as that chain can only contain 100 events. I am not 100% sure the best way to do that, I am only intermediate myself! :kaocry: But the article does say this if it makes any sense:
Right after I posted this thread I realized I was doing everything wrong >.<
You're right, I'm calling one CE inside another forever, creating the loop.
Thanks!

If you get a plugin to "break" the stack, then it will break your game. You should design your game in a way that it's not making common events call each other in a loop.
Yes! I was actually looking for something to end CEs when I call the other one. But there's no sense on that. xD
I edited everything up and made a Master CE controlling the sequence I showed above and then looping it.
Thank you!

Maybe you could try to use the Hime Common Event Queue?
It wouldn't work because I was using only 1 CE. But maybe I'll use this script further on!
Thanks for your time anyway!

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[insert joke about game design being a loop of obvious but unseen issues]

Don't forget to report your original post asking to close the thread once you're sure you've got no further questions on this topic! :kaohi:Also I'd also love to see the main command event you chose to go with!

Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[insert joke about game design being a loop of obvious but unseen issues]

Don't forget to report your original post asking to close the thread once you're sure you've got no further questions on this topic! :kaohi:Also I'd also love to see the main command event you chose to go with!
That's it! A loop of obvious but unseen issues.. :')

And here's the simple (and crazily better) solution:

1585487771798.png
Obs.: And of course I need to put a Break Loop somewhere, but I still setting the conditions to end the match (Only one player standing or something like that).

Thanks for all!

Closing thread.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwar