- Jul 9, 2017
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
2D Skeletal Animation with DragonBones 1.0.0
Update Version 3
- Add a lot of polish with collaboration with Yanfly.
- Rename the Yanfly compatibility plugin into 'KELYEP_DragonBones.js'
- Add more option to note tags.
- Check out Yanfly for a detailed breakdown. http://yanfly.moe/2017/08/04/yep-150-dragonbones-integration-rpg-maker-mv-2/
Update Version 2
- Add compatibility to Yanfly Action Sequence. You can now play any Dragonbones animation using the 'motion' command. Add this plugin after all Yanfly plugins.
- You now have to assign a blank image for enemy and actors. This change is to make this plugin more compatible with other plugin that changes the UI. Two sample blank images is supplied named 'Actor0_Empty'
- This plugin will look for the 18 default animations inside your Dragonbones armature. So if you name an animation 'walk' inside the Dragonbones Editor then that animation will be used automatically without having to be assigned using 'dragonbone_ani_' note tag. This change is to lessen the clutter inside the Notes section. 'dragonbone_ani_' note tag can still be used if you want to assign 1 animation to multiple states like having 1 attack animation to play when the game request swing/thrust/spell.
- You can now control whether an animation is looping or not by setting the "Play Times" variable inside the Dragonbones Editor. Play Times equal to zero means looping.
- I included the Dragonbones source files, so you can open it up and see how to properly set stuff up.
- Full DragonBones integration
- Support skeletal animation and FFD
- Replace Enemy/Actor sprite and animations using Notes
- Export and preload workflow
- Support Yanfly plugins
Download for Free on Itch.io
Demo Project: https://thegreenkel.itch.io/dragonbones-rpgmaker-mv-demo
DragonBones Software: http://dragonbones.com/en/index.html
- Yanfly Link + Documentation: http://yanfly.moe/2017/08/04/yep-150-dragonbones-integration-rpg-maker-mv-2/
- Battlers in Dragonbones format from Aekashics: http://www.akashics.moe/uncategorized/librarium-dragonbones-animated-megapack/
License for Plugin
Codes inside 'js' folder is MIT license.
Art assets inside 'dragonbones_assets' folder is All Right Reserved by Egret Technologies.
Install plugin into new project
- Export data from DragonBones software. Make sure the armature and project name matches up.
- Add new armature to Preload Assets parameter.
- SAVE! Project must be save in order for assets to preload.
- Replace an enemy with the new armature using Notes. <dragonbone:Bicycle>
- Play test in the troop section
- Rescale enemy with
- Replace default idle animation with <dragonbone_ani_walk:bicycle>
- Create a new RPG Maker MV project
- Copy over content from plugin into main folder
- Overwrite Index.html
Post question and answers to common question here in the following format:
Q: The demo won't open, how to open it?
A: Download Winrar and try again.
Credit and Thanks
This is optional.