YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a way? there probably is, it is one of DB's things that you can change the mesh mid-game, but someone will have to code it.
and changing sprites, don't know if anyone did something like you asked yet. Top I know was a plugin to allow changing battlers mid-battle and transform enemies, and I made it myself.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmmm.... I see... so for example I can create an pararel event (sorry for eng) to change battler when I equip sword, yes?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by changing battlers I didn't mean changing the image, I meant removing or adding party members, sorry.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh... all my dreams just get poped :(
But thanks.

markwheelz85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by changing battlers I didn't mean changing the image, I meant removing or adding party members, sorry.
I was looking to ask as Krystek_My
I hope someone could help us. I am not used to code with javascript so I am useless on doing things from scratch :(

Maybe someone have the key to let us change DragonBones battlers sprites or just help me to edit dragonbones script to read notetags from States and change sprite based on state, in this way can put a passive state and make the game changes the sprite when X state is active

I will pay some money for this feature. If there is anyone good at coding javascript I am interested on pay someone for 3 or 4 easy customizations.

Thank you for your fast response.

Last edited:

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does Dragonbones allow me to use frame by frame animation?
You see, i have no interest in bone animation what i really want is to have more frames for animation, does that work in Dragonbones or is that any other way to have more frames?

Thanks!

TSL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've also a Problem with StateMotions. I use the VisualstateFX from YEP and it doesn't work on the Enemies but the Actors. Whatever the States the Enemies have, they don't change their Motions and always stay Idlemotion . Somebody konws how to fix it?
Thanks!

TSL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the weak/dying motion problem and also my state motions won't play either. I thought it was some plugin conflicts or something but then I checked the Demo project and it's the same, so I'm guessing its just an oversight?

Anyone plan on doing a patch? It's a bit of a drawback to be locked out of such basic features, my sleeping enemies just stare at me in the default pose.
First forgive my poor Englich.
I had the same Problem with Statemotion.
Finally i've solved it. We need to define Enemy.startMotion in DBplugins (the same Way to Actors) . Then make some small change in VisualFX.
I just deleted if (!this._svBattlerEnabled) return; in VisualFX. That means there will be no Chance to use a static Enemy? I'm not sure.
After that the Statemotion will run. I'd like to code a Fix if you need but i think maybe i need a permission....?

RespectWomen

Acoustic Child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First forgive my poor Englich.
I had the same Problem with Statemotion.
Finally i've solved it. We need to define Enemy.startMotion in DBplugins (the same Way to Actors) . Then make some small change in VisualFX.
I just deleted if (!this._svBattlerEnabled) return; in VisualFX. That means there will be no Chance to use a static Enemy? I'm not sure.
After that the Statemotion will run. I'd like to code a Fix if you need but i think maybe i need a permission....?
It should be fine as others are posting fixes as well and the creator seems to be gone, Please do post.

Senshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just got Dragon bones working, but it seems like the game doesn't know where the character is. For example if i use an action sequence to zoom in on a character, it seems to zoom too low and off to the right a bit. I guess it's as if there's no sprite there? Is there any way to fix this?

Skook

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh. Oh this is nice.

Guys, do you know if we can use skins? As in visual equipment? Let's say I equip a helmet, armor and weapon and I have different sprites for all these, can I make it show on my toon?

Also, can we use dragonbone animations on the menu? If I'm using a bust menu, for example, can I replace the static bust with a DB animation, containing the skins(all equipment) of a character?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just got Dragon bones working, but it seems like the game doesn't know where the character is. For example if i use an action sequence to zoom in on a character, it seems to zoom too low and off to the right a bit. I guess it's as if there's no sprite there? Is there any way to fix this?
As far as I know, making the original sprite invisible makes it be treated as a 0x0 pixels one... I was advised it is best to use an actual invisible sprite to avoid this.

Bezhodeft

Beginner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, uhm, sorry if it isn't my place to post this here, but I myself created two plugins do be small extensions to this one.
One is a Jump plugin, for fixing the Yanfly Action Sequence jumps not working properly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0t0jn8o2lo6tec/YR_DB_FloatJump_X.js?dl=0
hi waterguy sorry but maybe this is a dumb question .. how do i use the extensions you made, i tried to put the js in plugin and arrange it below dragonbone plugin but it still doesnt work

or did i write the note tag wrong ?

Last edited:

Skook

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK I made this work and it's fine. I can make animations appear on the map. Great.

Now, I'm trying to see if I can make some visual armors out of this. Can somebody help me into changing slots from the DragonBone files? Or do I have to make a different character for every suit of armor I make?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi waterguy sorry but maybe this is a dumb question .. how do i use the extensions you made, i tried to put the js in plugin and arrange it below dragonbone plugin but it still doesnt work

or did i write the note tag wrong ?

Seems right to me...
that's what I did in my project too, and it works... put it as a plugin, bellow the yanfly plugins and the db extension... and others made it work too...

[EDIT] Oh wait, you are using percentage to jump. Are you putting a transparent, but still appearing, battler? DB right now has, when battlers are set not to appear, height for them of 0pixels. Meaning your jump would jump... nothing :p

Last edited:

Senshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As far as I know, making the original sprite invisible makes it be treated as a 0x0 pixels one... I was advised it is best to use an actual invisible sprite to avoid this.
Still having the issue. For whatever reason when the character is poisoned, the poison bubbles appear under his feet. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Any way to troubleshoot this?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still having the issue. For whatever reason when the character is poisoned, the poison bubbles appear under his feet. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Any way to troubleshoot this?
Sorry. The only way I know right now is what I said, set it to show battler and put a transparent square the size of the wanted battler...
I'm thinking of doing yet another expansion plugin to try and fix this though. Shouldn't be hard, I think...

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, sorry for the double post but I thought it was justified.

Like I said I would do, small plugin I made to fix this whole "width/height is considered 0 when replacing original battler with DB"
Needs YEP_BattleEngineCore, though, since a couple functions I used are added by it...
YR_DB_NoBattlerFix_X.js

Still needs some more testing, but the few tests I did myself worked.

Tohisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this subject has already been discussed recently but I have a little problem with the pluggin.

The pluggin is installed and works. Mostly.
However, whenever i put an ekashic asset : it works, if I put a base ressource of dragonbones : it also works (example with the yellow teddybear in the picture), but whenever I create my own dragonbone asset, it doesn't work, showing the basic battler instead.

I export the files as dragonbones 5.0, as precised in the pluggin, I place correctly the 3 files imported (the ske.json, the tex.json and the tex.png), I write the name correctly in the note of the character, but I couldn't manage to make it work.

It means (as far as I know) that I'm doing something wrong when I import my work from Dragonbones, or maybe the files are incomplete, I don't know...

For information, I use Dragonbones 5.6.

Does anyone has an idea about what could be the problem?

Many thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRandomology