can animate only on battle scene and not on map
thank you

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
According to my animator there is a problem with returning to the setup pose. And some keyframes are dropping. We're having quite the time getting our custom assetts from spine into rpgmaker. The sprite mostly works but parts of it are disappearing or warping for .. seemingly no reason. Is this a known issue? If so what's the cause?

Effectively I have parts of the animated sprite dropping for .. also seemingly no reason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, there are two more problems I fixed.

One is when, when used with Yanfly's Action Sequence Pack 2, when selected as targets in some way - for example, targetting "not focus" - the dead and disappeared DB characters are still affected by things like opacity change, and seem like they came back.
DragonBones ActionSequencePack2 Opacity Fix

The other problem is that... don't know if anyone but renko noticed yet (and made me aware), but you can't transform you enemy when you are using DB enemies.
Or change actors in the middle of the battle, be it adding or removing.
Well, I decided to fix both of these problems. Because they are kind of the same but not really.
DragonBones BattlerChange Expansion
There is a small bug I can't fix though... if you summon an actor through an Action Sequence, it starts without the animation moving. You just need to order it to do a motion for it to move, but...

And with that fixed, I was also able to make an edit so it works with SRD's Summon Core.
Summon Core DragonBones Extension

To be honest, I'm seriously thinking of putting all these "dragonbones fix" plugins in a big one...
Your plugins fixed a lot of issues, however since SRD summoncore is not working for me (on his end), I started making my own summons through events, which works perfectly. However, when summoning an actor through the event, then let it die/dismiss or whatever and resummon the same actor, it crashes with the following error code:

pixi.js:27682
PixiJS 4.5.4 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

YEP_CoreEngine.js:1094 TypeError: Cannot read property 'animation' of null
at PixiArmatureDisplay.get [as animation] (dragonBonesPixi.js:230)
at Array.dragonBonesIntegration.PlayAnimationOnBattler (KELYEP_DragonBones.js:747)
at Sprite_Actor.startMotion (KELYEP_DragonBones.js:1212)
at Sprite_Actor.startEntryMotion (rpg_sprites.js:876)
at Sprite_Actor.setBattler (rpg_sprites.js:722)
at Spriteset_Battle.updateActors (rpg_sprites.js:2663)
at Spriteset_Battle.update (rpg_sprites.js:2453)
at Spriteset_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3367)
at rpg_scenes.js:262
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
SceneManager.catchException @ YEP_CoreEngine.js:1094

I tried it with plugins off and it seems that Yanfly CTB is causing the issue here if used together with your Battlerchange script (works fine without CTB, however when not using your plugin, the dragonbone does not show up on the actor and instead loads the default sprite). I figured it is not on your end and since it's better than having no dragonbone sprites at all.

Now, how might I achieve it to work with CTB? I am asking you, since you seem to have a lot of js experience and maybe you already have made another expansion I didn't know about :p or it's an easy fix to implement for you. And if not, Would it be possible to reload a dragonbone asset on changing the actor or something to fix this or circumvent the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Sparrow20188102

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @TheGreenKel ! Need a bit of help with your plugin... Was trying to make a state that changed the dragonbones battler to another when applied. (Trying to get this to work with the passive states plugin by Yanfly, so I can have the battler change depending on what weapon it is holding) If you know of an easier way of doing this, or if it is even possible, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you so much!

~Sparrow

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@noobthebuilder what is your plugin order?
Is it the same as yanfly's yep page for the yep plugins, with mine under them icluding this one?
Are your plugins updated to the latest version?
Since it is a compatibility issue I can't tell what the problem may be without going there and putting the plugins in the same order you did, with the same versions too, to compare and find the problem.
I could also be something related to your "summoning" method... could you show me what you did too?

hmm, better you start a conversation with me later.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, I was wondering about the preload assets setting. The battles start at the same speed regardless of if I have added the enemy into the preload assets parameter. Auto preload battlers is set to true.

What does this do? Is it to help in case of lag?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure, but I think that if auto preload battlers is set to true it'll preload them even if they are not on the preload parameter?

Drunken Paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't seem to get DragonBones to work with Yanfly's Animated Weapons (for enemies). If anyone has a solution or workaround for this, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it works for me, the non-dragonbones enemies still use weapons perfectly... did you check if your order is right?

Lulullia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,
I know we can show and animate DragonBones skeletons in-map, but what about having two or more at the same time ? It doesn't seem to be any way to differentiate them in the script calls so we can animate them differently while they are all in-map.

Thank you !

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lulullia well, in the battle plugin the dragonbones aramures are both children of a battler and in an array (well two, one for actors and one for enemnies)
You could do the same I think. My question is about sprites over the dragonbones, can something be above them in the map?

Drunken Paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it works for me, the non-dragonbones enemies still use weapons perfectly... did you check if your order is right?
The order was right, but it turns out the old attack action sequence wasn't working while Dragonbones was enabled. After changing it around and specifying the type of attack (swing, thrust or missile), I could get it to draw the weapons. :kaosigh:

Lulullia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Thank you for your reply. Can you show me how to do this (or at least refer me to the code in the plugin) ?
And no I don't think anything can be over the armatures on map. Sprites and pictures are all under it.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lulullia sorry, I never tried using DB on map...
But I know that, on the battle plugin, the armature is created as a new object, it is then added in an array in the position of the battler it is for - one array for actors and another for enemies, and the array's member is added as a child to that battler's sprite.
you can probably do the same for an event, adding the armature to an array and then as a child of the event's sprite.

Lulullia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Yeah I understand the concept, thank you.
The thing is that I just started looking into Javascript, so I actually need some time before being able to do that myself (but I'm sure it's easy, since I have some basics of Java and programming in general)
Thank you again !

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh.
well, the thing you need to remember for this is that, unless you create something new and add them to it, or make a copy, everything in javascript are pointers.
When you figure that out, this becomes easier to understand. We are creating the value once in the array, that doesn't appear, but calling a pointer in the event as a child of the sprite, which does.

Lulullia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Okay so if I understand well I just have to call a pointer ? Because the value is already inside the plugin ?
or maybe I am completely off the path.
Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll try to figure it myself, I don't want to bother you^^

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lulullia everything not created right then is a pointer in javascript.
As much as, to copy a variable, you can't do "var x = y", you need to do "var x = 0; x += y;" (or at least, I had some problems when doing the first one).
So you create an array $gameMap.eventsArmature = [], create a var armature = new DragonBonesArmature, and then make $gameMap.eventsArmature[eventId] = armature and make the event's sprite add a child of eventsArmature[eventId]... (example made out of my head right now, no idea right now if the names are the right ones but the idea is this)

Lulullia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Yeees I see ! thank you very much, I'll test it today^^
(again sorry to bother you ^^')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Violent ball of 80's TV electricity* "Oww!! Stupid @ImaginaryVillain and his plugin, he didn't say time travel hurts! And why am I naked??"
It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErichLamrecht