KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Cinnamon It looks like either the status sprite is not being drawn or is being drawn behind the Dragonbones armature
Yes it's hidden behind, you can "cheat" by using a bigger "invisible enemy" (the blank file you have to put in the database) to show the status above the enemy, while waiting for the next version. Hope the "flashing enemy sprite thing" will be fixed too, good job! :)

Arcanus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seem to fully play the evasion animation from a dragonbone file. I have this evasion animation made about 45 frames (Preview below)
but it doesnt play fully when my character evaded the attack it only plays around 5-10 of the frames and it is skipping the rest of the animation like interrupting that process and moving on to the next process.
WVT4gSo.gif
NTNs0Ll.gif

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Arcanus Could you please put those animated images inside a spoiler. Having such large animated pics will make loading this difficult for some people accessing this on their phones.
Thanks.

TheGreenKel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arcanus What is the next animation that it play? Does it go back to idle? Can you upload a Gif of the situation?

This plugin uses RPG Maker default animation state machine, so animation can get overwritten when the game request a new animation. I am not planning to write a new animation state machine because that would break compatibility with other plugins. There are a lot of things that can cause an animation to be interrupted, I need to see a Gif or a video of the issue before speculating further.

Arcanus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGreenKel Yes it goes back to idle so fast. I actually just have it in the the Librarium Dragonbones Demo(Default Plugins) and i have no other custom plugins involved... Here's a little video if you want to see how it exactly cancels/interrupts the animation.

I suggest maybe while entering codes in the note area give it a good optional 2nd parameter like:
<DragonBone Settings>
Ani Evade: Evade, 40
<DragonBone Settings>
That gives it a 40 frames reservation for the animation play before continuing the next process.
If that's possible that is..

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TheGreenKel Hey, this plugin is fantastic, and I'm just getting my head wrapped around DragonBones, but I have hit a snag - when I attempt to test the battler, I get the message of "No armature data." Now, I wholeheartedly suspect this is a problem that exists between the couch and the keyboard, seeing as Akashics battlers work just fine, but I was hoping you (or maybe @Arcanus as he seems to know what's what!) could point me in the right direction. I suspect dragonBones export settings, but I am really just cluelessly flailing my way on through this.

Arcanus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you exported the data in the right path? including the ske.json tex.json and tex.png? If so it has something to do with the renaming maybe you haven't renamed your armature the way it should be called out in the notetags, make sure it has the same armature name as the notetag you can rename your armature's name by double clicking the armature layer in the scene just above the root layer:

4rxceTH.png

Mines Armature name is RTP01 so it should be something like
<DragonBone Settings>
Battler: RTP01
Scalex: 0.50
Scaley: 0.50

Hope that helps

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Arcanus Oh, gosh, I think that does help, actually. I'll go try!

Oh my gosh that was it! Digital hugs and cookies for you! (I have no real cookies and you probably live in some far away land anyway!)

You just made my day, seriously. :3

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
at the bottom right of dragon bones, i made it so that my animations would blend. i previewed it and they do blend, but when i use this code to play an animation, it doesn't blend.
window.tempDragonBone.animation.play('animationName');

im not sure why this is the case because if i make play times = 1 then it plays it once. the play times part of the editor seems to work so im not sure why the blend times doesnt work. is there something i need to do to make it blend?

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@TheGreenKel Great work so far! Do you plan to implement dragonbones to be usable for message boxes? For animated bust sprites and such? This would really enhance our games! :)
It would be so lovely!

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can i ask how to play an animation in RPG Maker? My character has animation name "Attackx"
but whenever i setup attack animation like this it show an error
upload_2017-8-21_19-5-57.png
Skill #1 will be used when you select
the Attack command.
<setup action>
display action
immortal: targets, true
</setup action>
<target action>
if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'
move user: targets, front, 20
else
perform start
end
wait for movement
face user: target
motion Attackx
wait: 10
attack animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

I changed the name to lowercase but won't work

Last edited:

Arcanus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you forgot to include the target
it should be motion Attackx: user

Dirge

Sound Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey folks, I've got a question!

So I've decided to start using the Dragonbones integration, and while it's ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, I've run into a bit of a problem. Namely, the Dragonbones battlers don't draw weapon sprites (I'm using Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin).

Does anyone know a way to still have it draw weapon sprites? Or whether the sprites called with the Weapon Animation plugin can have more than three frames?

If not... this would mean that I would need to create a separate battle sprite with each and every weapon combination. Which suuuuucks. And on top of that, as it is, that wouldn't work either because the battler is currently only set in the actor/enemy notetags.

Do you think there would be a way to do the following?
- Edit the DragonBones script to allow the notetags to apply to states as well
- Create a plugin that checks the weapon types the actor is holding in their hand, and apply a state accordingly?

Then what I would have is a battler for each weapon configuration (that's still nuts, currently that'd be 69 battlers to make PER CHARACTER...and that is only with using one weapon appearance for each weapon type...) The plugin detects their weapon loadout and gives them the state that changes their battler to the right thing.

This is the only solution that I can see, but it involves a frankly ridiculous amount of work for very little return, in that you'd never get to see any difference in your equipment. Just having one single item appearance (so only one "1H Sword", only one "Pistol" etc) covering an entire category would still be 276 battlers I would have to make, and including every single actual weapon appearance would result in something like... ten thousand or so battlers. Absolutely not feasible...

dustyb13@gmx.com

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If using enemy battler for actor then they face the wrong direction.
Is there a way to flip this or do I need to re-make all my dragon bones
animations to face the other way and name it something different?

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
This integration plugin really seems to increase significantly the animation liberty in RPG Maker, it's absolutely incredible!

I, however, am having a little problem.

Instead of making an Armature object, i've tried to make a Frame object, but i've had no success. Does this plugins doesn't support frame animations, or am i doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 15

Arcanus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If using enemy battler for actor then they face the wrong direction.
Is there a way to flip this or do I need to re-make all my dragon bones
animations to face the other way and name it something different?
I think making the Scalex in negative value mirrors the armature itself to the other side
zfy8T9C.png

Dirge

Sound Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
N/A
This integration plugin really seems to increase significantly the animation liberty in RPG Maker, it's absolutely incredible!

I, however, am having a little problem.

Instead of making an Armature object, i've tried to make a Frame object, but i've had no success. Does this plugins doesn't support frame animations, or am i doing something wrong?

What are you trying to do with it, exactly? Armature is the way to go even if you want to end up making individual frames for animations. When you make an animation, then File > Export, you can pick to export an image of a specific frame of a specific animation, for example.

TheGreenKel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arcanus Thank you for answer other people questions. It is a big help for me.

@PauloHPBender Frame-style animation are added in Dragonbone 5.3. The current plugin uses 5.2 library. You can open the frame-by-frame animation with the current plugin, but using it is a pain to use because every frame animation would be an armature. I tried to upgrade the library to 5.3, but it looks to be a lot of work because of all the changes (possibly over 100s of hour). TLDR: Using frame style animation with the current plugin require writing a lot of custom Javascript.

@sefeloth Animation blending is possible with the plugin but require you to write a bunch of custom Javascript code. Skeletal animation can get very complicated depending how many animations you have and how much hitching you allow. There are really no one best case implementation that would work for all game cases. TLDR: Possible, but complicated. Require a lot of programming skill and animation style programming (state machine & data management).

@Plueschkatze Adding armature to dialogue would be good. It is possible right now, but require 5 lines of Javascript code. You can check it out on the Demo project link. There is an Event in the project that create, play, and destroy Dragonbone armature which would fit what you are trying to do. For long term, creating a plugin command that does the same thing would make it easier on people.

@Dirge The best way to do it is to create one Dragonbones armature that hold all the customizable parts (head, body, weapon, armor) then swap those parts dynamically during runtime. Right now, swapping armature parts are done inside Javascript as there is no plugin command or note tags that does it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's hope power remains on for the day
trying out a slightly different balloon icon approach. I’ve rendered an actual frame that appears behind the icons. I do like the little emotion icons on their own but I fear will be difficult to see in certain maps.
Having fun with submenus
My favorite thing about my magical girl Yuki is her ahoge can sense food, she's lazy and a crybaby and LOVES food
ahahahaha just some girls yunaandyuka.png
and some girls im working on
1624241110918.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djdune