[RMMV] DragonBones 2d Animation Integration

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
At least from what I can gather that is still not possible, or not as characters in map (please correct me if I'm wrong, I would be actually very happy of being wrong :^D!). For the time being at least.
You can however already use them as animations in and out of map.

I'm hoping for a notice from the original poster. Please notice me sensei!

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
At least from what I can gather that is still not possible, or not as characters in map (please correct me if I'm wrong, I would be actually very happy of being wrong :^D!). For the time being at least.
You can however already use them as animations in and out of map.

I'm hoping for a notice from the original poster. Please notice me sensei!
I saw a video on youtube of an on-map test. It looks like it's possible but not fully implemented yet (or at least not documented?).

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
I saw a video on youtube of an on-map test. It looks like it's possible but not fully implemented yet (or at least not documented?).
in the demo project you can call the animation, but not control like a character

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey @TheGreenKel any plans for making a version for using dragonbones animations for map characters in the future? There were more people asking for it outside this thread too.

@Black Mamba did you try putting MOG's plugin bellow this one?

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SwiftIllusion
Jump only works for animated side view enemies (with YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js)
So for that enemy you need to manually animate the jump in DragonBones, like this
With that information, do you happen to gave any insight on why Float and Jump actions in action sequences don't work 100% with dragonbones? When using either of the actions commands, I can get both my enemies and actors to jump and float, as long as the scope is set to "user." But the issue I'm running into, is if I set the scope for "target" the action sequences refuses to play those portions.

I'm sure it's dragon bones as well, because targeted actors/enemies using default sprites play the sequences just perfectly.

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@KingKraken Just to confirm, does that mean an actor/enemy, that is in fact using DragonBones, jumps/floats if the user is the scope but not the target?
If that's the case there may be some disparity between the two in the plugin, but I'm sorry I won't be able to look into it more for about a week until my current project is completed as it has an important deadline I need to meet.
If that's not the case it's something that would need to be added and I'm not sure if I'll be able to understand enough to add that.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KingKraken Just to confirm, does that mean an actor/enemy, that is in fact using DragonBones, jumps/floats if the user is the scope but not the target?
If that's the case there may be some disparity between the two in the plugin, but I'm sorry I won't be able to look into it more for about a week until my current project is completed as it has an important deadline I need to meet.
If that's not the case it's something that would need to be added and I'm not sure if I'll be able to understand enough to add that.
Yup exactly! I was trying to make an attack where the user carries the target up into the air and drops them. Which is all kind of ruined when only the user can move those ways.

But no problem! I've been trying to contact Yanfly or Green about it! So maybe they'll notice at some point and be able to figure out the issue! Thanks for showing interest though!

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup exactly! I was trying to make an attack where the user carries the target up into the air and drops them. Which is all kind of ruined when only the user can move those ways.

But no problem! I've been trying to contact Yanfly or Green about it! So maybe they'll notice at some point and be able to figure out the issue! Thanks for showing interest though!
So upon further inspection, it doesn't matter what the target scope is. As long as an actor/enemie is using DB sprites, they ignore jump and float. I haven't tested moving them on a y axis through a sequence yet.

But I also downloaded the demo libraries provided by Yanfly and can confirm that jump/float just doesn't work on any sprites animated by DB. So it seems like something small that got overlooked in the plugin.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGreenKel Game breaking bug upon deploying with image encryption. Please advise.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd also like to report one more thing, it's not a huge deal just another small miss! Any type of animation overlays that effect the target(like flashing) does not work on DB animated sprites. Animated pieces still work though.

Applesaws

Apple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is truly such an amazing plugin, OP. RPG Maker has come so far! I'd definitely be interested in getting these to work as walk sprites or as event sprites.

Dimensional13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I wanted to ask: Is it possible for actors to change dragon bones animations/models mid-game, like when changing classes and equip? I can't for the life of me find a way to make this work; It seems like I'd need to make a new character in the database for every little change, and that is way too complicated.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I wanted to ask: Is it possible for actors to change dragon bones animations/models mid-game, like when changing classes and equip? I can't for the life of me find a way to make this work; It seems like I'd need to make a new character in the database for every little change, and that is way too complicated.
I've tried to find a way to do it, but no dice. I pretty much came to the same conclusion as you, which would require a new character for a transformation of any sort. Which comes with it's own set of problems. So I'd say stick with static characters if you want to use this plugin.

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does the game file or just the program of RPG Maker need to be updated to 1.5?

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does the game file or just the program of RPG Maker need to be updated to 1.5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsaacSkyder