PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you think editing the PVGames Medieval sprites would work with DragonBones? The clothing and such might complicate things, plus they are rendered 3D models converted to 2D sprites.

Super fantastic plugin, really opens up the possibilities with RPGMV.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you think editing the PVGames Medieval sprites would work with DragonBones? The clothing and such might complicate things, plus they are rendered 3D models converted to 2D sprites.

Super fantastic plugin, really opens up the possibilities with RPGMV.
For battle, yes. Not sure if there is any functionality for sprites outside of battle though. When I was using it there wasn't.

Kartz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGreenKel

Thanks for your awesome plugin and all the hard work you put in it! I want to use your plugin, sadly can't use the demo from your first post to test it. I'm more interested in showing animated sprites on the map rather than battlers and the demo project refuses to play special and hit animations for me. Death and walk animations are working fine tho.

My main question is - can your plugin wait for a looped animation to properly end before executing another animation? Let's say we have a cutscene with an opening window and a messenger pigeon coming in through it. The animation calls are between story text blocks. If the player hits enter too quickly (or just holds it) the bird will appear through the half-closed window.

The thing I want to do is something like this: call for the window opening animation - wait for it to end even if the pigeon animation is called before the window opening animation is done - play pigeon animation after the window's transition is done. Can I do something like this with your plugin?

Also, I've read the help/faq section in your plugin and found out that I need to set loop count in the DragonBones so the animation will either be looped or played a set amount of times and stop there. Exactly like your walking and death animation from your demo. I'm using DragonBones Pro 5.5 and can't find the loop counter anywhere. Do I need to use 5.0 version to set the loop count or I'm just stupid and can't find it? ><

Thanks!

Moo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
fr
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello all, great work this plug-in thank you and for sharing !!

As other ask, I dream that you add possible map characters/ennemis animations and more... compatibility with ABS Battle system !! It would be great... imagine we can make zelda, diablo etc.. games with full HnS system and détailled animations wooow !!

Thank you for your work.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was so happy, I had to study the software a few days to replace AE for animation.
I thought I could exploit in a game, but javascript performance is completely absurd.
pity because it is a very good software and very easy to integrate and develop a plugin.

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to do bind certain DB animation to a Skill instead of the basic 18 move set (idle, thrust, chant, swing, death, etc)?

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey guys!
I have a wierd problem.
My selfmade animations loops the whole time. For example the enemy gets a hit, than the hit animation loops.
But if i use ÆKASHICS animations, everthing works like normal.

Here is a video with this problem. The spider is my selfmade animation.

I hope you can help me :D

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!
I have a wierd problem.
My selfmade animations loops the whole time. For example the enemy gets a hit, than the hit animation loops.
But if i use ÆKASHICS animations, everthing works like normal.

Here is a video with this problem. The spider is my selfmade animation.

I hope you can help me :D
I haven't touch Dragonbones in a while, but I think there is a loop option in dragon bones itself, that you can set for each animation and you may or may not have it set to loop.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I haven't touch Dragonbones in a while, but I think there is a loop option in dragon bones itself, that you can set for each animation and you may or may not have it set to loop.
Thanks for your answer. But i dont found a loop option in dragon bones.
Do you have an idea where it could be?

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your answer. But i dont found a loop option in dragon bones.
Do you have an idea where it could be?
By default, new animations in DragonBones have their "PlayTimes" set to 0, which causes it to loop.
For things like the damage/hit animation, you want to change it from 0 to 1.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
By default, new animations in DragonBones have their "PlayTimes" set to 0, which causes it to loop.
For things like the damage/hit animation, you want to change it from 0 to 1.
Thanks you very much!
It works as you said :)

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Googled around and watched a couple of tutorials, looked over all options in Dragonbones app, but I can't figure out how to import a Spritesheet, like the ones from PVGames. I know that I can import the spritesheets if those are splitted into tiny frames, and add each one back to recreate the animations, but I need to know if there is another way to import the big spritesheet...

Eatwhatever

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello thegreenkel.
I'd like to have a chat with you in discord lunatic server.
Ping me when you are avail please.
my nick on server is Truenooooord

Last edited:

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Potentially ridiculous question, but can we still use this if our project will ultimately be for iOS? Can anyone confirm?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGreenKel Hey, do you know how your dragonbones characters don't jump and float when you use action sequences?
I kinda wanted them to, so...
I know I didn't need to tell you, but if you approve of it more people will be able to use it too, and maybe you can add this to the official plugin instead of leaving it separate if you approve.
Didn't test it too throughly, I admit I just tested for jump and not float yet, but if not tell me? :)

Attachments

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin still has the literal game breaking bug that I reported over half a year ago.

Bezhodeft

Beginner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey guys is it possible to add sfx in dragonbones ? still really new with the software

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Guys, can someone please help me? The scale / size settings don't seem to work for me. I can add them as comments, use the condensed version or regular version, or even change the defaults but it has no effect on my sprites.
I tried the following:

<DragonBone Battler: Zombie01>
<DragonBone ScaleX: 0.3>
<DragonBone ScaleY: 0.3>
<DragonBone Replace Sprite>

and

<DragonBone Settings>
Battler: Zombie01
ScaleX: 0.3
ScaleY: 0.3
</DragonBone Settings>

But while the sprite shows up and moves as expected, I can't change the size.
I tried scaling it in Dragonbones and re-exporting, but it gets super blurry that way and if there is a way to do it using this plugin, I'd rather do that.

I even confirmed that in the demo project provided with the plugin, scaling works as intended but even if I copy the exact notetags and only change the names, it still doesn't work for my dragon bones asset. Is there something I am missing? This is driving me crazy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found the answer. This plugin has a conflict with Battle Graphic Extend plugin by triacontane. If the Battle Graphic Extend plugin is active, the scaling / size tags used with this plugin will not work... which makes me a sad panda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o
Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shorp_