Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is so amazing !

Can we insert it in dialogues ?
Something like showing busts animated with dragonbones ?
It will be wonderful !

(Sorry if that question is already asked :3)

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My dragonbones projects no longer show up in RPG Maker MV. The ones I made previously did, but new ones are invisible. I can't figure out what's changed, I made them the exact same way I made the ones that worked (and still work). I tried loading new sample dragon bones battlers offered online and those work as well. Just ones I make don't work. Help.. please? ^^;

Edit: Solved. Armature name was the default, and apparently that matters.

Last edited:

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Very cool. easier to use than expected. good work. If bringing another actor into battle
the Animated Dragon Bones don't show up like when summoning using SRD Summon
Core. Also player and event map sprites as DB ani would be awesome. Thanks for this.
For this problem, I have been looking for a solution for some time.
Has anyone found a way?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, uhm, sorry if it isn't my place to post this here, but I myself created two plugins do be small extensions to this one.
One is a Jump plugin, for fixing the Yanfly Action Sequence jumps not working properly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0t0jn8o2lo6tec/YR_DB_FloatJump_X.js?dl=0

And the other needs a small pixi filter plugin to work, to make the dragonbones characters flash on animations.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vg21cb8fgr370e/AdjustmentFilter.js?dl=0 - the filter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mcfncl8swp2nax/YR_DB_Flash_X.js?dl=0 - the plugin

I asked a friend on a discord server to test for me, since Cranky's game uses DragonBones in about every battler. Until now, it seems to be working as good as I can do.

[edit] renko told me of a small bug (the animation flashes sometimes stayed for a bit after the animation), and helped me fix it. It is working fine now, as far as we know.

Last edited:

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@TheGreenKel could you please update this to be usable with dragon bones 5.6? I'll pay you

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey, uhm, sorry if it isn't my place to post this here, but I myself created two plugins do be small extensions to this one.
One is a Jump plugin, for fixing the Yanfly Action Sequence jumps not working properly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0t0jn8o2lo6tec/YR_DB_FloatJump_X.js?dl=0

And the other needs a small pixi filter plugin to work, to make the dragonbones characters flash on animations.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vg21cb8fgr370e/AdjustmentFilter.js?dl=0 - the filter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mcfncl8swp2nax/YR_DB_Flash_X.js?dl=0 - the plugin

I asked a friend on a discord server to test for me, since Cranky's game uses DragonBones in about every battler. Until now, it seems to be working as good as I can do.

[edit] renko told me of a small bug (the animation flashes sometimes stayed for a bit after the animation), and helped me fix it. It is working fine now, as far as we know.
@Waterguy Do you mabye know a possibilty to change the dragonbones animations?
So that I can give different images to an actor, depending on which weapon or armor he wears? A scriptcall or something?
Maybe even within an action sequence?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sefeloth did you remember to name the armature and the project the same name? I once forgot to do this.

@styx92 sorry, I looked around how to do this, but couldn't find it. I know it is possible since DragonBones says so in their page...

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe this is the correct place to make this post? I made this post in the Premade action sequence thread but perhaps this is the better location for it.

If a mod things the other location is better then please feel free to delete whichever the appropriate area is.

Here is the post.
Quick question about DragonBone battlers and these ActionSequences. It appears if a DragonBone battler dies while an ActionSequence is executing the game will crash with the following: Cannot read property 'hasDragonBone' of undefined. This likely means that some type of animation is trying to be played and the dragonBone battler just doesnt have it. So i opened up the log to try and debug this and here is the result:

Code:
rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasDragonBone' of undefined   
 at Sprite_Actor.forceMotion (KELYEP_DragonBones.js:1095)
 at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.forceMotion (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3913)
 at KELYEP_DragonBones.js:1054 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
 at Function.BattleManager.actionMotionTarget (KELYEP_DragonBones.js:1044)
 at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:566)
 at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:473)
 at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_DamageCore.js:1003)
 at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ArmorScaling.js:562)
 at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_ImprovedBattlebacks.js:356)

Now here is the action sequence. It is a basic Penta Slash one slightly modified.
Code:
<setup action>
immortal: targets, true
animation 120: user
camera focus: user, center, 5
zoom: 125%, 5
wait for zoom
wait for animation
reset zoom: 5
reset camera: 5
wait for zoom
wait for camera
</setup action>

<Target Action>
move user: target, front head, 4
wait for movement
face user: target
motion swing: user
action animation
action effect
wait: 3
move user: target, back base, 4
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, back center, 1
wait for movement
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, back head, 1
wait for movement
move user: target, front base, 4
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, back center, 4
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, front center, 1
wait for movement
wait: 10
wait for movement
action effect
death break
wait: 5
immortal: targets, false
</Target Action>

Any ideas as to what is wrong. It must be within the action sequence becasue if you kill the dragonBones monster with just a regular attack there are no issues. Or perhaps this is a known issue and there is a way to prevent a dragonBones monster from dying to an action sequence? I am new to using both the DragonBones combined with the ActionSequence so I appologize if this has been addressed already.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HalestormXV your Action Sequence seems incomplete for me. For example, you have Setup Action but not Finish Action. You also lack a Perform Start on the Setup Action. And without a Finish Action I can't say if you have Perform Finish and Immortal: targets, false, things that can cause problems if they are not there.

I was until recently with a similar problem, my dead enemies were not disappearing nor making their dead animation. It was because I was lacking either Perform and Finish Action, Immortal: targets, true and Immortal: targets, false, or both.

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Same issue even after fixing it. I thought that they are calculated by default if missing. Here is the updated sequence and it results in the same error.
Code:
<Setup Action>
Perform Start
immortal: targets, true
animation 120: user
camera focus: user, center, 5
zoom: 125%, 5
wait for zoom
wait for animation
reset zoom: 5
reset camera: 5
wait for zoom
wait for camera
</Setup Action>

<Target Action>
wait for movement
action animation
action effect
move user: target, back base, 4
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, back center, 1
wait for movement
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, back head, 1
wait for movement
move user: target, front base, 4
wait for movement
action effect
wait for movement
action effect
move user: target, front center, 1
wait for movement
wait: 10
wait for movement
action effect
death break
wait: 5
</Target Action>

<Finish Action>
perform finish
face user: forward
clear battle log
immortal: targets, false
</Finish Action>

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HalestormXV just tested it on my project, and the skill worked, killed the enemy, and the enemy died. no error message.

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Waterguy I think I may have figured it out. First I made sure I was running the latest version of the KELYEP script and I moved it to the last plugin in my list. However, I think I was already running the latest version as it seems the "updated" file size was only 1KB larger. But regardless, I think the main issue was actually in my Troop itself. Stupidly, I didn't try the ability on my "non-boss" DragonBones and this particular Boss is littered with events at various stages of the battle. One such event is that the Actor using the skill is removed from the party once the Boss's HP hits <= 0%.

I added a wait function of two seconds to the event before anything happens as it would appear the events override the ActionSequences and what is going on with DragonBones. So what may have been happening is the ActionSequence was still executing against the DragonBones and the DragonBones was still responding as per the log, and then the Event stepped in and yanked the actor out of the mix before finishing the Sequence. I have to do some more testing and will edit this post accordingly.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uh. congrats on getting it working, and it is a good thing to know what to avoid from now on.

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@sefeloth did you remember to name the armature and the project the same name? I once forgot to do this.
@Waterguy I have that problem more than I care to admit, but this time I did do that. I made the animation in dragonbones 5.6 and when I tried running it, it says "nonsupport data version". when i redid the animation in 5.3 then it works in game, but 5.3 lacks features I relied on that were in 5.6, so I'd rather use the updated version. thanks for the help though

zaraku

Time Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy I have that problem more than I care to admit, but this time I did do that. I made the animation in dragonbones 5.6 and when I tried running it, it says "nonsupport data version". when i redid the animation in 5.3 then it works in game, but 5.3 lacks features I relied on that were in 5.6, so I'd rather use the updated version. thanks for the help though
did you export as data version 5.0...? version 5.6 works with this plugin you just have to export as an older data version

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
did you export as data version 5.0...? version 5.6 works with this plugin you just have to export as an older data version
I haven't! Thanks for the help. It works

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Running into an issue with the DragonBones once the game is deployed. Here is a screenshot of the error message I am getting when I run into a DragonBones encounter. I can't for the life of me figure this out. I originally thought that maybe it was becasue I didn't preload the DragonBone battlers so then I made the change in the plugin and preloaded the battlers. And the error still appears.

The even more annoying issue is that this error ONLY occurs after deployment. I can Playtest this until the cows come home and I get no error like that with my DragonBone battlers. Once again it is only happening when I Encrypt and Deploy my project for Windows and I even had my freind test my Mac deployment and he gets the same error when he encounters DragonBone battlers. RPG Maker MV is running 1.6.1

I am using YanflyEngine to change the resolution of the game, but I doubt that is causing any issues. And DragonBones is all the way at the bottom of the PluginList. Like i said, what makes me so frustrated is this only occurs in a deployed game.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
Waiting on approval on my One Map Challenge game, which I made to get a feel for RPG Maker. I was able to complete it before MZ's release, now I can focus fully on the MZ game I want to make. I'm excited, ya'll.

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lebeau