Mex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Heyya!

First of all, thanks a lot for your awesome plugin that will help me (and probably dozens of other creators) to support multiple languages. That's gold imo! :)

I think I noticed a small bug that I tried to fix by patching your js (but, unfortunately, I failed at it): When enabling the Autofit text, if you have a \n in your text it is not resetting the length value and you can see "wrong" line breaks too early in your new line after the \n. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Or am I mistaken somewhere?

Again, thank you for your hard work!

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heyya!

First of all, thanks a lot for your awesome plugin that will help me (and probably dozens of other creators) to support multiple languages. That's gold imo! :)

I think I noticed a small bug that I tried to fix by patching your js (but, unfortunately, I failed at it): When enabling the Autofit text, if you have a \n in your text it is not resetting the length value and you can see "wrong" line breaks too early in your new line after the \n. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Or am I mistaken somewhere?

Again, thank you for your hard work!

You're correct, it didn't account for new lines. I believe I've fixed it, but sadly I don't have the time to really test it right now. You're free to see if it's working for you now, though.

Thank you Zalerinian! I implemented the 1.2.0 version and now the items and their names look properly in all menus.

I've tested the plugin for a few days and the only bug I found was this...

It's a rare and random bug (the worstest xD) and is annoying, but apparently it does not affect all the translations.

If you need more info please tell me.

Yes, I understand why this is happening. Text data and face data is loaded Asynchronously in an attempt to not slow down the game when it's loading. As a result, however, you sometimes might try to get text data before the file has properly loaded. I suppose the best fix would be to change from async to sync loading, but for performance sake I'm reluctant to, and yet it's causing some issues so I really should change it.

I've updated the script with an option to disable asynchronous loading, but like I said above, I can't really test that it's working at the moment, sorry. Just let me know if it works out for you, and if not I'll try to find the time to look into it more.

Mex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You're correct, it didn't account for new lines. I believe I've fixed it, but sadly I don't have the time to really test it right now. You're free to see if it's working for you now, though.

Awesome, I tested it and it's working perfectly. Thanks! ;)

I dunno what's happening but since I updated the js, all my "choices" aren't working anymore. I'll try to investigate on my side if I messed up something.

@Zalerinian I tried to replace your new script with the old one in your test project and your choice window has the same problem as mine, so I believe there is a bug with the 1.2.0 version of your script :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome, I tested it and it's working perfectly. Thanks! ;)

I dunno what's happening but since I updated the js, all my "choices" aren't working anymore. I'll try to investigate on my side if I messed up something.

@Zalerinian I tried to replace your new script with the old one in your test project and your choice window has the same problem as mine, so I believe there is a bug with the 1.2.0 version of your script :(

Yup, I see what the problem is there. It should ideally be fixed now, so go ahead and try again with 1.2.1!

Toahno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello, I have 2 Questions.

1. How can I make a "Name Window"?

2. The names of objects are always in the language that was loaded at the time when they received it after the language was changed later.

Example:
- German is the loaded language
- Object named "Stein" (German) was obtained
- English was now loaded

- Item "Stein" (German) is still called "Stein" instead of "Stone"

Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry for my bad English, I can speak only German :D

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Perhaps someone can help me - I'm trying to get this plugin:

to run together with this external-text plugin. The problem is that the message style plugin requieres commands in the text window like "\pop[100,100]Here goes the event text" and the bold part can not be interpreted by the external text plugin. When I try the double \ it is also not working.

I know there might be the possibility that I am just able to do what I want with this two addons but at least I can try and ask if someone perhaps solved this problem :D

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Problem above was solved, however now I have a new one: It appears that this plugin does not support umlauts like äöü, which is a bit of a problem if I plan to do a german translation.

What can I do to change that?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Problem above was solved, however now I have a new one: It appears that this plugin does not support umlauts like äöü, which is a bit of a problem if I plan to do a german translation.

What can I do to change that?

How do you mean it doesn't support it? If the file is saved encoded in Unicode, then all characters should be supported. To my knowledge, no special handling is required on the code side to support Unicode characters. 

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let's act as if I didn't just use the wrong encoding for the file and move along, please ;-)

narome2b

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Fr, En, Sp
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello !

First of all, thanks a lot for your fantastic work !

Then, I have a little problem with your plugin. When I put at the bottom the MVCommons et ExtText plugins in my project, I have some errors (picture 1), even if ExtText works perfectly. Nevertheless, some plugins don't work, like YEP_PictureCommonEvents.

When I put them at the top, I have the same errors as pciture 1, plus others errors (look at the picture 2). My game can't start.

I use RPG Maker MV 1.3.4.

Do you have any ideas to solve it ?

Best regards.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/11/1489827790-exttext-error.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/11/1489827796-exttext-error2.jpg

LanceRPG

A Lazy Beggar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry , I am a newbie here, I just hope to find a usable mutilanguage plugin for MV,
But here all the instructions are too complex to me, I don't get any point of what is going on and what is to be showed in the demo.
And it seems that I have to read all the replies here to get a basic understanding of what is this plugin.
Could it have a more easily understandable instruction for game developers (who only knows coding a little).
The most unacceptable thing to me is that , the instructions just says add something , add something , add something again,
while there is no examples , where exactly I need to add those codes.
..... (0_0)

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry , I am a newbie here, I just hope to find a usable mutilanguage plugin for MV,
But here all the instructions are too complex to me, I don't get any point of what is going on and what is to be showed in the demo.
And it seems that I have to read all the replies here to get a basic understanding of what is this plugin.
Could it have a more easily understandable instruction for game developers (who only knows coding a little).
The most unacceptable thing to me is that , the instructions just says add something , add something , add something again,
while there is no examples , where exactly I need to add those codes.
..... (0_0)
Sorry, but I haven't updated this plugin in a very long time. I don't even know how well it works anymore, and it can probably be improved, but I haven't had time to work with RPG maker much anymore. I suggest looking for a different plugin, as I'm not expecting to come back and work on this again.

LanceRPG

A Lazy Beggar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, but I haven't updated this plugin in a very long time. I don't even know how well it works anymore, and it can probably be improved, but I haven't had time to work with RPG maker much anymore. I suggest looking for a different plugin, as I'm not expecting to come back and work on this again.
I will take your advice. Thanks all the same.

Gikon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, Zalerinian.
Thanks for the plugin. Could you please provide and example of how to format the JSON file to use faces? Based on what I can understand of the help text, I've tried variations that look like the following but haven't found one that RPG Maker likes:

"Test": {
"face": {actor1, 1}
"text": "This is a statue..."
}

Thanks for any guidance.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, Zalerinian.
Thanks for the plugin. Could you please provide and example of how to format the JSON file to use faces? Based on what I can understand of the help text, I've tried variations that look like the following but haven't found one that RPG Maker likes:

"face": {actor1, 1}
"text": "This is a statue..."
}

Thanks for any guidance.
Hello Gikon,

As I said in my previous post on this thread, I haven't worked on this plugin in quite a while. I realize I forgot to update the original post with that information, and have gone and done that. So to be honest I'm not sure how well it still works, I haven't touched it in about two years at this point, it would have been made on the original code for RPG Maker MV.

That being said, I believe the issue is that you're trying to define the face as if it were an array, when it needs to have names for the values, just like the whole text block does. The whole JSON file should also be enclosed in { }. Assuming that the "Test" key is the only one in your JSON file, then what you're looking for would be, I believe,

Code:
{
        "face": {
             "id": "actor1.png",
             "index": 1
        },
        "text": "This is a statue...."
    }
}
You need to be sure to follow the JSON format. If you're unfamiliar with it, examples and a description can be found online, such as on Wikipedia.

Looking back at this plugin, there's plenty I'd rather change with it, but as I've said, I currently have no plans to work on it, and I recommend anyone looking to use this plugin finds an alternative.

Gikon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you. I appreciate your reply.

This plugin has been doing well for me so far (up until I got lost trying to get faces working. Though, I will heed your recommendation and have another look at alternative plugins.

Take care!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?
My gf got Addicted by making Momochi!
Meet Foochi the Buttout Ghost!
Concept > Uniqueness. Would love to see discussions and inspirations that has nothing to do with battle mechanics for once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truyenchuth