Unknow_Hero
Reaction score
First Language
Portugês-Brasil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(SOLVED)
Hello everyone!!
I'm developing my biggest project, this project is 1 year old and i'm very proud!
So i need a help with the music formats, the musics are made in mp3 format, and i'm very confuse whit this... Because i never tested how it works. My question is: Can my musics be played on mp3 format or Do I need to change the extension formart of the archives? If this happens, Will I lose audio quality?
I want to say thank you for all the help!
:D

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you actually need to convert .mp3 file to .m4a format (for mobile games) and .ogg format (for pc games). You will need a proper music converter software to do that in order to not lower your music's quality. Note that you cannot just change the file type by renaming .mp3 to something else, that won't work.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
As for music converter, I suggest Audacity.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for music converter, I suggest Audacity.
And to do all the files at once in audacity, use

Tools -> Macros -> OGG Conversion

They changed how you do that, so the old guides will tell you to click on things that don't exist.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you actually need to convert .mp3 file to .m4a format (for mobile games) and .ogg format (for pc games).
To add on to that, the editor itself uses .ogg, so you need the files in that format at the very least.

Brave_Hero

Unknow_Hero
Reaction score
First Language
Portugês-Brasil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to say thank you for all the replies, every comment will be usefull to project!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker