RMMV: Is there a plugin for the player power to play only with the internet connected?

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, the player does not need internet to play some game made in RPG Maker MV, is there any way to deploy it?

Some players play with the internet off to show no ads, is there any plugin or configuration so that the player can only play if the internet is connected?

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could give extra incentive to playing online, like a chat system or a high score system. Forcing players to play online for no real reason other than that you want money isn't a good look.

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vou aderir esta ideia de algum incentivo, obrigado.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
dont need a full 'plugin', just a few lines of code...

Code:
if(navigator.onLine) { // true|false
   // ...
}

Or hook the window event itself...
Code:
function updateIndicator() {
   // Show a different icon based on offline/online
}

// Update the online status icon based on connectivity
window.addEventListener('online',  updateIndicator);
window.addEventListener('offline', updateIndicator);
updateIndicator();

src: https://davidwalsh.name/detecting-online

Doesnt work in all browsers I believe.

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dont need a full 'plugin', just a few lines of code...

Code:
if(navigator.onLine) { // true|false
   // ...
}

Or hook the window event itself...
Code:
function updateIndicator() {
   // Show a different icon based on offline/online
}

// Update the online status icon based on connectivity
window.addEventListener('online',  updateIndicator);
window.addEventListener('offline', updateIndicator);
updateIndicator();

src: https://davidwalsh.name/detecting-online

Doesnt work in all browsers I believe.

I did not say many details, my mistake.

The game will also be for Android, so it will not be only in by browser, will this code also work on Android?

And where can I put this code, I have the script editing program but I do not know how to put the code, whether it has a specific place or not.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Warrior_Corporation This is an English language site and all public posts and Updates should be in English and only in English. (What you use in a pm is up to you.) Please edit your earlier post by removing the Portuguese and translating it into English.

Also, please do not double post, that is, reply immediately after yourself unless there is 72 hours between the posts. If you want to add something, just use the Edit button on your post and add the additional information/comment. If you want to quote more than one person, use the MultiQuote button.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Warrior_Corporation When you package your game for android, the packaging method very likely uses an up to date chromium browser (basically google chrome), which should support this feature.

Basically, it should work fine. :)

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Warrior_Corporation When you package your game for android, the packaging method very likely uses an up to date chromium browser (basically google chrome), which should support this feature.

Basically, it should work fine. :)
Thanks, now I only need to know where to put this code, I have no experience with scripts.

I know I'm bothering you but I have no idea where to put this.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you would 'put it' where you want the check for internet to occur.

Perhaps ill just write a plugin, would be easier than explaining..

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the double post, but I wrote a plugin for this..

You will need this core plugin, load this one first. Then, load this plugin. Once you have both plugins, put this image in your 'img/system' folder.
lost-connection.png

When your players internet connection is lost, this image will be displayed as an overlay. The plugin will also stop the game map, and all other scenes from processing - if you want them to.

My website will be updated in the next few days to include this system. Enjoy :)

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the double post, but I wrote a plugin for this..

You will need this core plugin, load this one first. Then, load this plugin. Once you have both plugins, put this image in your 'img/system' folder.
lost-connection.png

When your players internet connection is lost, this image will be displayed as an overlay. The plugin will also stop the game map, and all other scenes from processing - if you want them to.

My website will be updated in the next few days to include this system. Enjoy :)
I took a look at the terms of the first plugin and saw that I can not use it because it's just non-commercial:
* ============================================================================
* ■ Terms && Conditions:
* ============================================================================
* This plugin is authorized for use in NON-COMMERCIAL projects ONLY!!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the plugin has already been made, I will only point out an important issue about the practical side of your request.
The ads provide very low profits. So the loss from people not being online is not too high.
On the other hand there's a huge potential loss. Because many people will play games to pass the time. And if you actually force them to play online without any real benefit, it's going to harm your game reviews.

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the plugin has already been made, I will only point out an important issue about the practical side of your request.
The ads provide very low profits. So the loss from people not being online is not too high.
On the other hand there's a huge potential loss. Because many people will play games to pass the time. And if you actually force them to play online without any real benefit, it's going to harm your game reviews.
Very well you gave me an idea, I will not force them to play online but they will lose resources if they play offline, for example, if the internet is connected, every 1 minute it will receive a small amount of gold, if it is off, don't go receive, thanks for the help and the idea.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note that you still can't use the plugin in a for-profit game.

Warrior_Corporation

Razek Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note that you still can't use the plugin in a for-profit game.

I will not use this plugin. I've already made the request to create the money-per-minute plugin, and have already created it for me.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are flaws in that plugin. Check your other thread :p

Anyway, Just a point ~ you should put in your future requests that you need a plugin created to be for commercial usage. Dont just say a plugin, then when someone takes the time to write it you cant use it, because your initial request lacked the most important detail.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kINGFreak13