Onizuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there.

My apologies for having two threads of mine opened. I did a lot of research for this issue, but none of the solutions I read is working.

I had fun in the last month of using RPG Maker MV and now I completed some sort of Demo of my game, that lasts around 30 minutes. When doing Test Plays, I always had lag while opening the game Menu or when loading battles, or when the Boss died (very huge lag during the "Boss collapse" animation), but I thought it was because of test play.
Unfortunately I had the exact same issue when I exported the game and played it. The joy is not that much, playing with such huge slowdowns...

I read that this could depend on badly designed Parallel Events, but I don't have that many actually, and I always use 5 Frames at the start of them, as I read it helps... but it doesn't.
For instance, the issue when the opening of the Menu isn't instant and requires 5 seconds to open, having lag also while simply moving down in the Menu, also happens in a room with just one door and 2 events.

I'd like to find a solution to this, but the ones I read so far are not helping, and I'd really like to present the game in an enjoyable way.

Thanks if anyone has any idea.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it happends on the menu, is your menu custom made by events?
if so, can you screenshot that?

as for 3-5 parallels on a map dont gives lag, but if something is constantly
readed 60x per second where it only need every 5 seconds at least, you can
place 300 seconds for the parallel to re-run.

badly parallels can be 1 cause, or if you target a common event (in parallel)
to a many can cause lags as well.

but to get to the cause, we need some more specifics.

your plugin database in the wrong order (even if they work) can cause issues.

like if you have core, battle, core, gameEvents, battle, core, save, battle etc
can cause this, instead of it having , core, core, core, battle, battle etc.

screenshot you plugin database (some plugins that are poorly made) can cause
lags as well or conflict with other things.

but the we need more details of exactly and how (events, plugins, setups, etc)
to get to the bottom what is wrong.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's totally fine to have multiple active threads, as long as they are for different things.

If this happens when you try to open a menu and not on the map, then it's not because of parallel processes or anything else about your maps. Are you using any plugins for your menu?

Onizuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the answers. I'll give some more details.

My Main Menu is the default one, the only change I did was to remove the Save Command from the System Tab.
I was making a very simple game with most stuff by default. These are the plugins on:

Used Plugins.png

While these are all the plugins, most unused, in the Plugins folder (in case it matters):

All Plugins.png

As for Parallel Events, they're quite simple like this, always related to cutscene, so only 1 per map:
I enter a new map and an Autorun event starts, then after it activates a Switch, a Parallel event starts (for example, having another character move at the same time as my Actor). When all the events end, I use Self Switches, opened in a new Blank page to end them.

When I move around the map there're no slowdowns during movement, They only happen when loading the Menu and moving inside of it with arrow keys, and while loading the battle screen, or when a Boss dies with its collapse animation. It took 30 seconds for a Boss to collapse...! The very map of the Boss battle is only 19x21, with an event activating by Touch and another small Parallel event of my actor moving right while the other character is speaking.

My laptop is 7 years old but can still run programs like PS, so I don't understand what's causing these issues in RPG Maker... :frown:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirata12