[RMMV] Looking for people to play Timeless Land Jikandia!

GaryGrayII

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a game on the RPG Maker MV Trinity Player (for PS4) called "Timeless Land Jikandia", a reimagining of an obscure game for the PSP called "Jikandia: The Timeless Land".

"ID: 478" for anyone searching for ID.

Thank you for playing! :biggrin:

Zeireth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Most people on this forum do not play others games.

I searched for Jikandia: The Timeless Land online. Sorry it doesn't appeal to me. Looks like a very niche game with a singular gimmick. I do not know it's story but it doesn't seem that interesting. I think that is why it is obscure.

I have seen many PSP games. Never heard of Jikandia: The Timeless Land until today.

Here is a quote from a review I found "Jikandia: The Timeless Land uses RPG parody and witty dialogue into an action RPG with a twist: the player may choose to take anywhere from three to thirty minutes in a dungeon and the level will adjust accordingly. Thus, theoretically, players get whatever kind of experience they desire, whether it be three minute rush or a thirty minute crawl. Unfortunately, the uniqueness of this mechanic is about all Jikandia has going for it, as it is bland in almost all other aspects, and the gameplay gets tiresome so quickly that you will likely find yourself using the three minute setting far more often than anything longer."

GaryGrayII

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Zeireth, thanks for the heads up about this forum.

And it's cool if the game's not to your liking based on the description of the original game, so no need to be sorry. The original game is a VERY niche hack-and-slash, dungeon-crawling action-RPG, but I didn't use any of the gimmicky gameplay mechanics (such as the timed dungeons or the hack-and-slack gameplay). It was fine for the price, but it does get tiring after a while.

Jikandia: The Timeless Land is obscure because the gameplay of the PSP game is mediocre. But I chose that PSP game because of its obscurity and to improve on it; I saw the potential in the characters and saw it as being a stronger game as a turn-based RPG.

It won't appeal to everyone, I know this. But I still want to get the word out (even if I now know this isn't the best place to promote it, oops). And maybe there are better websites to promote the console version of RPG Maker MV (other than just GameFAQs and RPG Maker Web). If anyone knows of any other RPG Maker sites, I'm opening to hearing them :smile:

As a project, I had fun making and I hoped that others can experience it for what it is (a turn-based RPG with the same charm and witty dialogue that doesn't take itself too seriously). The reviewer had their opinion about the mediocrity of the PSP game, and for those who are interested I hope they can experience Timeless Land Jikandia. Thanks again!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Video Games. Thank you.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Most people on this forum do not play others games.

I searched for Jikandia: The Timeless Land online. Sorry it doesn't appeal to me. Looks like a very niche game with a singular gimmick. I do not know it's story but it doesn't seem that interesting. I think that is why it is obscure.

I have seen many PSP games. Never heard of Jikandia: The Timeless Land until today.

Here is a quote from a review I found "Jikandia: The Timeless Land uses RPG parody and witty dialogue into an action RPG with a twist: the player may choose to take anywhere from three to thirty minutes in a dungeon and the level will adjust accordingly. Thus, theoretically, players get whatever kind of experience they desire, whether it be three minute rush or a thirty minute crawl. Unfortunately, the uniqueness of this mechanic is about all Jikandia has going for it, as it is bland in almost all other aspects, and the gameplay gets tiresome so quickly that you will likely find yourself using the three minute setting far more often than anything longer."
Yeah, looking at the game, it has a pretty generic art style and looks to have a pretty shallow story that's your usual Humans Kill Stuff kind of fare. Also, what is it with a lot of these pixel games having no personality to their artwork. I like me a good pixel game, but it doesn't mean everything needs to look minimalistic. You can still have pixel art with charm and personality to it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042