Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction:

This simple plugin adds a location window to your menu screen, complete with full text code functionality. This effect is extended to the map display name window as well. Example screenshots below:

It will work with any resolution. Mine is 912x720, just for reference. Also, this works with Yanfly Engine Plugins, which can be found @ http://yanfly.moe

Enjoy!

Script:

v1.2:

Old Versions

Credit:

• Personally, I do not require any credit.
  • Please credit Izyees if you use v1.1
Terms of use:

Free to use in any project, even commercial ones.

Last edited:

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Pretty cool.

There are possible to activate this with switch ?

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty cool.

Are you asking if there is a way to turn the plugin on and off with a switch in-game? Hiding the window might defeat the purpose of the plugin.

If you just don't want to see where you are, there is a function that returns N/A as the map name if you don't have a display name set for it. However, you can feel free to open up the JS file and change that to whatever you like.

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Pretty cool.

Replace the old one with mine, and rename it to MenuLocation.js (skip if the you already do)

Download :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxeFEOD8kqfAZUxENE5wYzdKWUE/view?usp=sharing

Script :

Code:
// MenuLocation.js /*: * @plugindesc v1.01 Provides a location window for your menu. Works with Yanfly Engine Plugins. * @author JGreene (Edited by Izy) * * @param Switch ID * @desc Display MenuLocation when the switch id is set to true. * * @param No Name * @desc The string if the map don't have name. * @default ???? * * @help Place this plugin below all of Yanfly's Plugins in your load order. */ var Parameters = PluginManager.parameters('MenuLocation');var _paramSwitches = Number(Parameters['Switch ID']);var _paramSwitches = Number(Parameters['Switch ID']);var _paramNoName = String(Parameters['No Name']);(function() {     var _Scene_Menu_new = Scene_Menu.prototype.create;    Scene_Menu.prototype.create = function() {        _Scene_Menu_new.call(this);        this._statusWindow.x = this._commandWindow.width;        this._statusWindow.y = 0;		if (_paramSwitches == '') {			this.createLocationWindow();		} else if ($gameSwitches.value(_paramSwitches)) {			this.createLocationWindow();		}			        this._goldWindow.x = 0;                this._goldWindow.width = this._commandWindow.width;                this._goldWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight - this._goldWindow.height;    };        // Location window               Scene_Menu.prototype.createLocationWindow = function() {    this._locationWindow = new Window_Location(0, 0);        this._locationWindow.width = this._commandWindow.width;    this._locationWindow.x = 0;        this._locationWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight - (this._locationWindow.height*2);    this.addWindow(this._locationWindow);        };               function Window_Location() {                this.initialize.apply(this, arguments);        }               Window_Location.prototype = Object.create(Window_Base.prototype);        Window_Location.prototype.constructor = Window_Location;               Window_Location.prototype.initialize = function(x, y) {                var width = this.windowWidth();                var height = this.windowHeight();                Window_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, width, height);                this.refresh();        };               Window_Location.prototype.windowWidth = function() {                return 240;        };               Window_Location.prototype.windowHeight = function() {                return this.fittingHeight(1);        };               Window_Location.prototype.refresh = function() {                var x = this.textPadding();                var width = this.contents.width - this.textPadding() * 2;                this.contents.clear();                this.drawText(this.value(), x, 0, width);        };               Window_Location.prototype.value = function() {                if ($gameMap.displayName())                        return $gameMap.displayName();                else                        return _paramNoName;        };                      Window_Location.prototype.open = function() {                this.refresh();                Window_Base.prototype.open.call(this);        }; })(); 

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Izyees, for providing a solution to Rito's question! I'm relatively new to javascript, so it would have taken a while to do the same. I usually keep to the Photoshop side of things. But, I figured if I could make this for my game, then I'd share it.

Thanks again!

wrigty12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
May I ask what font you are using in the screenshot? I really like it!

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thank you Izyees, for providing a solution to Rito's question! I'm relatively new to javascript, so it would have taken a while to do the same. I usually keep to the Photoshop side of things. But, I figured if I could make this for my game, then I'd share it.

Thanks again!
welcome, it just take me about 5 minute  :D

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you Izyees

Lady_Blackpearl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! I was lookign for this before gettign crazy and /facewall. But gonna add some more features like the coord position :3

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated this plugin to include text code functionality for the window itself and the map name display window! Yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheepman