Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction:

This simple plugin adds a location window to your menu screen, complete with full text code functionality. This effect is extended to the map display name window as well. Example screenshots below:

It will work with any resolution. Mine is 912x720, just for reference. Also, this works with Yanfly Engine Plugins, which can be found @ http://yanfly.moe

Enjoy!

Script:

v1.2:

Old Versions

Credit:

• Personally, I do not require any credit.
  • Please credit Izyees if you use v1.1
Terms of use:

Free to use in any project, even commercial ones.

Last edited:

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Pretty cool.

There are possible to activate this with switch ?

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty cool.

Are you asking if there is a way to turn the plugin on and off with a switch in-game? Hiding the window might defeat the purpose of the plugin.

If you just don't want to see where you are, there is a function that returns N/A as the map name if you don't have a display name set for it. However, you can feel free to open up the JS file and change that to whatever you like.

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Pretty cool.

Replace the old one with mine, and rename it to MenuLocation.js (skip if the you already do)

Download :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxeFEOD8kqfAZUxENE5wYzdKWUE/view?usp=sharing

Script :

Code:
// MenuLocation.js /*: * @plugindesc v1.01 Provides a location window for your menu. Works with Yanfly Engine Plugins. * @author JGreene (Edited by Izy) * * @param Switch ID * @desc Display MenuLocation when the switch id is set to true. * * @param No Name * @desc The string if the map don't have name. * @default ???? * * @help Place this plugin below all of Yanfly's Plugins in your load order. */ var Parameters = PluginManager.parameters('MenuLocation');var _paramSwitches = Number(Parameters['Switch ID']);var _paramSwitches = Number(Parameters['Switch ID']);var _paramNoName = String(Parameters['No Name']);(function() {     var _Scene_Menu_new = Scene_Menu.prototype.create;    Scene_Menu.prototype.create = function() {        _Scene_Menu_new.call(this);        this._statusWindow.x = this._commandWindow.width;        this._statusWindow.y = 0;		if (_paramSwitches == '') {			this.createLocationWindow();		} else if ($gameSwitches.value(_paramSwitches)) {			this.createLocationWindow();		}			        this._goldWindow.x = 0;                this._goldWindow.width = this._commandWindow.width;                this._goldWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight - this._goldWindow.height;    };        // Location window               Scene_Menu.prototype.createLocationWindow = function() {    this._locationWindow = new Window_Location(0, 0);        this._locationWindow.width = this._commandWindow.width;    this._locationWindow.x = 0;        this._locationWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight - (this._locationWindow.height*2);    this.addWindow(this._locationWindow);        };               function Window_Location() {                this.initialize.apply(this, arguments);        }               Window_Location.prototype = Object.create(Window_Base.prototype);        Window_Location.prototype.constructor = Window_Location;               Window_Location.prototype.initialize = function(x, y) {                var width = this.windowWidth();                var height = this.windowHeight();                Window_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this, x, y, width, height);                this.refresh();        };               Window_Location.prototype.windowWidth = function() {                return 240;        };               Window_Location.prototype.windowHeight = function() {                return this.fittingHeight(1);        };               Window_Location.prototype.refresh = function() {                var x = this.textPadding();                var width = this.contents.width - this.textPadding() * 2;                this.contents.clear();                this.drawText(this.value(), x, 0, width);        };               Window_Location.prototype.value = function() {                if ($gameMap.displayName())                        return $gameMap.displayName();                else                        return _paramNoName;        };                      Window_Location.prototype.open = function() {                this.refresh();                Window_Base.prototype.open.call(this);        }; })(); 

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Izyees, for providing a solution to Rito's question! I'm relatively new to javascript, so it would have taken a while to do the same. I usually keep to the Photoshop side of things. But, I figured if I could make this for my game, then I'd share it.

Thanks again!

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
May I ask what font you are using in the screenshot? I really like it!

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thank you Izyees, for providing a solution to Rito's question! I'm relatively new to javascript, so it would have taken a while to do the same. I usually keep to the Photoshop side of things. But, I figured if I could make this for my game, then I'd share it.

Thanks again!
welcome, it just take me about 5 minute  :D

Rito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you Izyees

Lady_Blackpearl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! I was lookign for this before gettign crazy and /facewall. But gonna add some more features like the coord position :3

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated this plugin to include text code functionality for the window itself and the map name display window! Yay!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, very nice plugin(s). I have some questions and observations though!

Firstly, I'm trying to use this plugin together with your other plugin that displays playtime ---> This one
You claim they should work together, and I can see it does (or did) for you when you took the screenshots ~2 years ago. Yet, it doesn't work for me now. I can have either one but not both at the same time as they seem to override each other's location?
SumRndDde's Super Tool engine (as recommended) might have been able to fix this issue if it wasn't for that plugin now being outdated and having it's own problems which makes it less than ideal to use.
So if possible, I'd like to see a fix in these plugins instead.

I also used Yanfly's Menu Manager to switch the command window in the main menu to the right (it's to the left by default). But when I do this neither this or the other playtime-plugin checks for this, so they display to the left anyway, which pushes the command window outside the visible screen. So without a patch this is not fully compatible with Yanfly's Menu Manager plugin at the very least since you need to have the main command window to the left for this to work.

Finally, as seen in the screenshot in the the original post, the text alignment of both plugins (this one that displays the map location and the one that displays the playtime) is to the left.
Yanfly's gold window that is included by default in his Core Engine, thus one can assume mostly everyone will have it in their game, is unfortunately aligned to the right (but expands to the left). This is a pet peeve but I don't find this very aesthetic.
I'm not asking you (or anyone else) to re-write these plugins for my sake, but I would be very thankful would someone show me what exact line and part of the code (in both this and the other playtime plugin) I can change the alignment of the displayed text string? I'm not a coder so I'd need some guidance for dummies, if someone would be so kind.

TL: DR
* Can't use this plugin at the same time as your playtime display plugin ---> direct link
* This plugin is not fully compatible with Yanfly's Menu Manager Plugin (command window MUST remain to the left for the menu not to break).
* text alignment of both this and the playtime plugin is to the left (expanding to the right). I want it the other way around to match Yanfly's gold window (can someone show me what part to edit?)

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been away from RPG making for quite some time, but I recently got back into it only to find that there were a few critical changes somewhere in the code from v1.5.2 to v1.6.2. It messed up not only my own plugins to some extent, but some of Yanfly's and SRD's among others.

To alleviate this, I reverted back to v1.5.2 and everything is working smoothly. A screenshot of my current project is attached, giving an example that the map, location, and menu windows have been moved (utilizing the Super Tools Engine).

As far as I know, SRD has left the RPG Maker scene. So an update to his plugins is probably not going to happen. And as for Yanfly, while I fully support his reason for paid usage, I'm no longer interested in integrating support for mine to work with his.

In any case, I apologize for not being of much help. Trying to focus on the graphical and gameplay aspects of my project since returning. I may get back into JS later on, but I really want to finish this one.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh