TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So MV has been giving me some problems this year that individually are very minor but collectively pretty annoying and I figured I could ask about them in one thread.

1. The F1 and F9 function keys are not working so I can't access the little menu to adjust my keypad config and whatnot and I can't open the menu that lets me turn switches on/off and adjust variables from test play.
  2. The CTRL key is not letting me clip through impassable walls during test play anymore.
  3. I've started getting an "Profile error occured. Your profile could not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js" error message when I test play my game. As far as I can tell it isn't actually DOING anything so I've been ignoring it but it is I guess slightly worrisome. This isn't related to the otherissues.
  4. This one isn't technically a software problem it might just be a change from previous RPG Makers but Alt + Enter no longer works as a shortcut to maximize/window the game? I figured out while writing this post that F4 now windows/unwindows so this isn't a big deal.
  • I'm using version 1.6.2 which I think is the most recent.
  • All of these errors still occur in a "blank" project with no plugins.
  • Super-wierdly, I can't find any copy of NW.JS with a file explorer search AT ALL

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This may be an issue with your operating system.
Have you installed any security software or updates recently?

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, not that I know of. I'm running Windows 10 home version 2004 (?) and Windows periodically forces me to install updates, basically dragging me kicking and screaming, like it does not care if you consent so it could be that but I've no idea which update or when. Looking in task manager at the (way too many processes) I see running the only security software I see running is "McAfee Web Adviser".

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the windows "on-screen keyboard" app doesn't have function keys? If you don't mean that I'm not sure what you mean.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
To access the function keys, press the [Fn] key.
The CTRL key is also there, but there is no way to keep it pressed.

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, finally got around to trying the virtual keyboard, no dice, everything is functioning/failing to function the same was with my actual keyboard, so I guess it can't be a driver/hardware problem...

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Really, so the problem is probably in some update of your operating system that has been corrupted.

If your Rpg Maker is from Steam, uninstall, restart your computer and reinstall.

Good Luck

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...damn...

I'm honestly not sure if I even want to risk uninstalling and reinstalling. I guess the chances it would make things worse/make the program not work at all are pretty low but it's not IMPOSSIBLE to make games around these problems and I really don't trust my luck, especially these days...

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But if your version is from Steam (this has not yet been clarified), I don't see why it would cause problems, it is more likely to fix any corrupted file, as the download will be done again with the integrity of the files guaranteed.

Whether or not the Steam version, uninstalling will not affect your projects, as they are not in the same folder as the software.

TheGentlemanLoser

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is from steam, yes.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS