RMMV MMO Devkit with Nodejs + Socket.io

fmoliveira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello SirMcPotato,

This project is incredibly awesome! I was really excited to do networking tests when I knew MV used JavaScript. How great that we can profit from WebSockets! :)

I'll be watching your repository on GitHub. I work with Node.js, MongoDB, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Docker and other cool stuff that could be of use for the project.

Let's keep in touch! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SirMcPotato

Javascripted Potato
Reaction score
First Language
Potato
Heya!
Sorry for the lack of updates, i'm very busy since the last weeks :s

I was thinking doing the same thing but Im glad there is some one with much better JS and websocket experience. This is going to be huge amount of work. I hope you keep up your good work and documented if later you got tired of it other developers can lend you their hands. I got an idea that build an GUI admin tool where admin can control the game back end. An real time battle system also needed. Will be awesome if you can build a complete Multiplayer tool kit for MV.
Yep, it'll be a huge work of course :s
Also, I alreay had in mind this GUI admin tool as backend, and even an avanced & moddable web-based game editor, but it adds tons of work :s
I think it'll be a point to clarify with other contributors :)

How interesting ;) will have to look into this! ;)

EDIT : the activate link is to http://www.vinxce.eu should it not be to your own server?
Oh yes, I forgot to change that before pushing it to github ^^"

Hello SirMcPotato,

This project is incredibly awesome! I was really excited to do networking tests when I knew MV used JavaScript. How great that we can profit from WebSockets! :)

I'll be watching your repository on GitHub. I work with Node.js, MongoDB, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Docker and other cool stuff that could be of use for the project.

Let's keep in touch! ;)
Oh, very cool, you can maybe help me and provide some good tips/tricks for the project :D

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I too look forward to an update for this, to see how you are progressing and such :D

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So how easy will this be to set up? I'd love to create something simple to screw around with a few friends. Could I set the server up through Dropbox? That's how I've been sharing my small browser games with friends so far.

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
So how easy will this be to set up? I'd love to create something simple to screw around with a few friends. Could I set the server up through Dropbox? That's how I've been sharing my small browser games with friends so far.
Quite easy...

• Install Node, you can grab the latest version from here.
  • Download the zip from github, or clone it with a program like atlassian source tree (my personal recommendation if you actually plan to contribute to the code, and it will make it easy for you to pull updates of the server and client for now too)
  • go to the folder where you extracted (or cloned) the file, then hold shift and do a right (secondary) click. there should be an option of "open command window here..." on the menu. (or do it the long way of going from a console and doing cd where-I-put-my-folder)
  • do this command:
    npm update && npm start
And now your server should be running, enter it via:

Code:
[URL="http://localhost:3000"]http://localhost:3000[/URL]

Chap

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
When will the next bit of code be uploaded to github? Im watching your repo and it looks good. I am currently working on online RMMV functionalities myself, maybe I can help you in your effort. I would like to contribute.

HappyAshes

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
For people wondering if Node.js and Socket.io actually works as intended :3 (tested on server, not locally). This is just a scratch from a few days of testing.

I wish you good luck SirMcPotato  :D  This is gonna be really hard, I though about security and mongodb for 10 minutes and it depressed me so much xD But I had fun with the "easy" part that is shown in my vid :)  I'm looking forward, in the meantime if I can be any help, ask me ^^

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance that someone could help a complete noob get this working? I'd love to be able to run around my game with a friend, but I'm afraid I don't really know what I'm doing.

After extracting the ZIP file from GitHub, and (hopefully) getting the other programs set up, I tried to follow Ramiro's instructions, but I simply end up with the fallowing error:

[TypeError: Cannot read property 'Kerbros' of undefined]

Socket.io is running.

Could not connect to mogodb on localhost. Ensure that you have mongodb running on localhost and mongodb accepts connections on standard ports!

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
How is going this project? I just seen the github and no updates since 4 months ago or more :(

Pelix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
The idea sounds nice but when i connect with 2 different accounts i cant see the other player.... not fin atm?

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sadly Pelix I think this is semi dead. He was hoping get contributes to work on the source code and fork it and such. But I don't think that really actually happen.

Pelix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Sadly Pelix I think this is semi dead. He was hoping get contributes to work on the source code and fork it and such. But I don't think that really actually happen.
Thats baaad... :(

Maybe you know is there anything else for "Online Multiplayer"? I see only threads about "what we wanna do" but no "here is a script"...

Boss

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey pls anybody upload a video for this mmo dev kit pls

Boss

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i cant see any other player in the map help pls

Boss

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i am not spamming i sent my 1st message 16 hr ago then sent two different message....... oooh i think you dont know the meaning of spamming ... feeling bad for your knowledge

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And we feel bad for your knowledge.  For a Newbie to make a remark like that, you need to be absolutely sure that you have not gone against forum rules yourself.

Boss, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something to a post, please edit it, do not post a second and then a third time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS