Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

In my game, the player is going on a little bit of a treasure hunt, collecting a total of 100 items (10 identical red pieces, 10 identical yellow pieces, 10 identical blue pieces, etc.). After collecting all 100 items (10 sets of 10 different items), I want an NPC to say something different than the regular dialogue. I figured a Conditional would do the trick (something that translated to: "If player has all these 100 items, say X; Else, say the normal thing"), but the Conditional seems to only check one item at a time, and I don't really want to nest 100 Conditionals in a row (plus, I don't know if nesting 10 identical "check for a red piece" Conditionals would actually check for 10 *total* red pieces - which is what I want - or if merely having 1 red piece would trick/confirm all 10 "red" Conditionals simultaneously, which defeats the purpose of gathering multiples of each item).

Any ideas on how I could efficiently set up a check for all 100 items, especially since they aren't all unique? Thanks!

sunphei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about making a variable go up by 1 every time they collect one of the items?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
A few days ago, someone opened a topic with a question similar to yours:

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about making a variable go up by 1 every time they collect one of the items?
I had some trouble making this strategy work; it may have been because the items happen to be automatic rewards from defeating enemies, as opposed to items/events on the ground where I can explicitly add 1 to that counter when the player clicks on the item (there's no click-to-collect-item equivalent when winning battle rewards afaik, especially if you win a few of these 100 pieces in a single battle and would like the counter to increase by more than just 1).

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few days ago, someone opened a topic with a question similar to yours:
That topic has a comment by ShadowDragon that led me to the perfect plugin to address my issue! ConditionalBranch+ worked perfectly, and it's right here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/conditional-branch.63723/
Thank you!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@DarkPlasmaBall, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghanovdn