RMMV (or other) Lighting FX (PLZ READ)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by CrowStorm, Oct 9, 2019.

1. CrowStorm

CrowStorm Check my résumé, your residence is residue Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I am not looking for a script or a plugin such as the excellent ones by Khas Arcthunder and Terax and probably many others. While I may install those plugins and make use of them later on, what I am seeking is light effect overlay graphics. PNG image files with transparency of some degree designed to mimic specific lighting conditions such as: light spilling through windows, light around a fire, a small circle of light around the player character to represent a torch or lantern, light cascading through a broken ceiling or through a forest canopy, and so on.

I should be able to implement these with regular event code and basic use of the Show Picture and Move Picture commands, therefore no plugin is required (not implying that the plugin is strictly required to use any lighting resources included in Khas and Terax's excellent plugins, because it isn't, strictly speaking). It's just the images I'm looking for. These "one size fits all" lighting effect overlays, fairly easy to find during most of the 2k3-XP-VX era seem to have become pretty rare and hard to come by in the VXA/MV era which is very much an era of lighting scripts and plugins with great versatility and power. Not as much so as unique sprites have become incredibly rare in the day of the character generator, but enough so that I don't feel bad asking.

As is my wont as a dizzyingly impatient person, I will probably go ahead trying to create the effect I'm looking for in my game using Khas or Terax's plugin more or less as soon as I finish this post. However, that doesn't mean that I won't appreciate the chance to yoink the type of FX overlays I'm looking for if anyone searches any up for me, and if I like them better than whatever I've accomplished via plugin, I will use them to replace the plugin.

2. joepmeloen

joepmeloen Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't have them straight out of the box for you. But I made a couple of them for specifics.
    What I did with the gimp is to just create a few lines of yellow or any shape you want. And place them on the map with the yanfly doodads plugin, making them transparrant or screenmultiplie, recolor them with the hue to get some nice effects very simple and effective.
    You could also use the included fire (that moves) to get some more dynemics if you place it underneath the light you added.