Not open for further replies.

Pizzettarooo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guy's... i have a problem to understanding the parallax mapping...i see video on youtube, but nothing... i see some topic here but missing download for plugin... i use photoshop...the gimp isnt a problem... but i need a help step by step with ONE PLUGIN for mapping... who can help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, you don't absolutely need a plugin for parallax mapping, not with MV - a plugin is only needed for overlay mapping, which is an advanced form of parallax mapping.

For regular parallax mapping in MV you only need to add a ! at the beginning of the filename of the parallax picture, that will disable the parallax itself and give you the background for a map.
Of course the map picture needs to be the correct size for the map (48 pixel per grid).

If you want to add overlays, it depends on what you want exactly, your description is a bit short and confusing. Can you ask specific questions of what you want to know?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have downloaded... but im not understand :(
What did you not understand? The plugin comes with a help section that describes how to use it.
Please specify which sentences of that help sections you don't understand.

Pizzettarooo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, you don't absolutely need a plugin for parallax mapping, not with MV - a plugin is only needed for overlay mapping, which is an advanced form of parallax mapping.

For regular parallax mapping in MV you only need to add a ! at the beginning of the filename of the parallax picture, that will disable the parallax itself and give you the background for a map.
Of course the map picture needs to be the correct size for the map (48 pixel per grid).

If you want to add overlays, it depends on what you want exactly, your description is a bit short and confusing. Can you ask specific questions of what you want to know?
sorry for my bad english... i want to make a map with photoshop, after i want to upload on mv... now i try with "!" on the image ...

this is another problem... how i do it?

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you download his demo? Not just the plugin? With that you can simply open the project file and see how he set it up.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is another problem... how i do it?
That is the size you select in your imageprogram before you even start mapping.

let's say you want to make a map of 20x15 tiles. As I said the gridsize is 48 pixel per tile. So your map picture needs to have a size of (20x48)x(15x48) or 960x720 pixels. If you want to make maps of different tilesizes, you need to recalculate that.
wait... i start from 0...
Do you mean from zero in parallax mapping or from zero in mapping at all?
Because you need some experience in designing maps before you have even a limited chance of making good parallax maps, if you don't know how to design maps you should get some experience with regular mapping before trying parallax mapping.
As someone once told me: regular mapping is 20% of the work for 80% of the quality of parallax mapping. That means with parallax mapping you have to put in five times the work for regular mapping for a quality increase of about one quarter. And if your regular maps are still bad, that quality increase will not be enough to warrant that work.

Parallax maps are not automatically better just because they are done as a parallax. They can be better because they remove some restrictions of the grid, but you still need to be able to design your maps correctly to make use of those options, otherwise you end up with unplayable maps (a lot of parallax maps from new developers might look nice, but make the game less fun to play if designed only for viewing.

Pizzettarooo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok... its 30 minutes that i see the project... start position of player in blank map, create event and im not unsterstand... automatically get the water on blank space? o_O

example...if i make a map with photoshop...the name is test.png i save it on /img/layers/ and after? is very difficulty for me... i need a video ...

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Here's a video demonstrating how to use Galv Layers to parallax clouds. Hope that helps.

Pizzettarooo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
finally i resolve... with old basics ...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana