RMMV RMMV Plugin Command Script help for a specific event (pic inside)

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there folks, me again, Annwfn, back with a kind request. Is there any kind soul and also knowledgeable one that can help me with a script for the plugin command in the picture? In that event I am using Shaz's Pathfinding plugin for an event (testing phase). I would really like to write all the code that will follow in a huge script and put it into a script box instead of it being a 5 million line of event commands.

P.S. Don't mind the event logic, am just interested in how to put that plugin command specifically in a script. That's also not how the code will go like (figured a better way, but still would kindly ask for a script help).

Thank you in advance, you are appreciated! Hugs! >:D<
Live (b)right!

Yours truthfully,
Dragos

Attachments

• script help request.png
    script help request.png
    805.4 KB · Views: 5

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take a look (or, if you had tagged Shaz, she might just post it for you) - but you can't just search the plugin for the plugin command and see what function it calls?

The function is setTarget. I'm presuming you know how to reference the event you're using via script.

So,
SmartPath eventID1 eventID2 = event.setTarget(event2); Notice this takes the actual event, not its ID
SmartPath eventID x y = event.setTarget(null, x, y);
SmartPath eventID cancel = event.clearTarget();

Last edited:

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take a look (or, if you had tagged Shaz, she might just post it for you) - but you can't just search the plugin for the plugin command and see what function it calls?
Hello, am kind of dummy when it comes to understand some of the code written in plugins. XD I don't understand how to write Plugin Command into a script. It's just that. Looking into the script call list that was posted for MV, that which was written in there about Plugin Commands kinda baffled me.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, am kind of dummy when it comes to understand some of the code written in plugins. XD I don't understand how to write Plugin Command into a script. It's just that. Looking into the script call list that was posted for MV, that which was written in there about Plugin Commands kinda baffled me.
I guess I was adding my edit when you posted it - I gave you the script functions above. Although it sounds like you're not really proficient at JavaScript, so is there a particular reason you want to do it this way instead of via the Plugin Commands? It'll be more complicated for you.

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess I was adding my edit when you posted it - I gave you the script functions above. Although it sounds like you're not really proficient at JavaScript, so is there a particular reason you want to do it this way instead of via the Plugin Commands? It'll be more complicated for you.
Hello, yes. I can use switch cases and basic programming. I can use many scripts in the game, however the plugin command is kind of baffling me for some reason.
I want to use scripts because this kind of event will end up extremely long with event command lines. I don't mind the Plugin Command, but I don't want to scroll 5 minutes through thousands of lines of commands.
Thank you for the help, will figure out how that call is made (other than $gameMap.event(id) or $gameMap.event(this._eventId) I don't have any idea now, maybe I am missing something). Stay awesome, hugs and you are appreciated! >:D<

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the help, will figure out how that call is made (other than $gameMap.event(id)
That will give you an event. So $gameMap.event(id).setTarget, etc.
$gameMap.event(this._eventId)
That one doesn't make any sense. If you're already inside an event that this would refer to, then there's no point in calling a function, passing in a member variable, just to get back...this

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will give you an event. So $gameMap.event(id).setTarget, etc.

That one doesn't make any sense. If you're already inside an event that this would refer to, then there's no point in calling a function, passing in a member variable, just to get back...this
I expected "$gameMap.event(this._eventId)" to not make sense here. ^^ Am not that newbie. Sp it was So $gameMap.event(id).setTarget. Thank you so very much you kind soul! Am grateful for the speed of response! Will try this tomorrow or later, when I feel compelled to put it in a code!

Stay awesome!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antodi