Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any plugins that add a new category to the in-game menu, where there's a bunch of different "skills" or something with a level, that you can change with script commands? For example, lets say there's a woodcutting skill. That skill will increase by 1 when you cut a tree. when you get 10 experience in that skill, the level increases. Is there any plugins like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no, it depends on what exactly you want.

there are several ways to add actor variables, but those won't appear in any of the current menues.
some people don't even bother with that and use regular variables, but that only works with a very small number of actors.
If you want the new skills to appear in the menu, you'll need a custom menu plugin. There are a lot of them, but they rarely get published because each one fits only the game that developer is making. You can request one if that is what you prefer, but you would give a full list of what skills you want to appear.

you can also try to use SRD plugins to make your own HUD/Menu - they were written for that, but they have the problem that they usually only work on Windows and full computers. If you try to keep the option of deployment to mobile open, SRD plugins need to be checked with care because half of them don't work on mobile.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your reply! You sure there isn't a plugin already made like what I describe? oh well, I'll try and wrap my head around making my own menu :) thanks!

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any plugins that add a new category to the in-game menu, where there's a bunch of different "skills" or something with a level, that you can change with script commands? For example, lets say there's a woodcutting skill. That skill will increase by 1 when you cut a tree. when you get 10 experience in that skill, the level increases. Is there any plugins like that?
How about this plugin by Casper Gaming?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i did something like this entirely through eventing and 5 variables.

set v[RNG] 0~X
set v[RNG] add v[botany rank]
if v[RNG] > X (item's difficulty)
> success
> get item
> v[botany exp] +3
>> else fail
>> v[botany exp] +1
>end
if v[botany exp] > v[botany next]
> v[botany rank] +X
> set v[botany exp] subtract v[botany next]
> v[botany next] +X (if want each rank up to require more exp)

i also had a whole durability thing which doubled the size of these events but scraped the durability system because in actual play it was just needless minor hinderance with how i had the gathering/crafting system setup for that project.

as for being able to see the rank/exp/next variables. that required a plugin.
i just added them into the status menu actor variables from yanfly plugins.
main menu variable plugin could also work but only good if just showing the rank and not the exp/next.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mpapelem937