Javascript Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Name: Realtime MMO Integration

Author: Nightlight

Description: Adds realtime multiplayer functionality to RPG Maker MV, allowing for an "mmo-like" experience.

Features (In Development):

• Realtime multiplayer using Socket.io
  • Battles are handled in the same scene/map (not a separate battling scene)
  • Registration and login from remote database
  • On screen health/mp/level/exp
  • and more tbh

Important Information:

• Plugin is in the very early stages of development. It has been started and is communicating with the remote server,but other players do not show on the map yet
  • As soon as other player characters show in realtime on the map next to you, I will upload and open source the plugin and server

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Hope this one end up well!

Chat, trade,etc will be included?
Could you tell if it will(maybe) be compatible with plugins for crafting and stuff?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! Keep up the good work

nightlight

Javascript Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Hope this one end up well!

Chat, trade,etc will be included?
Could you tell if it will(maybe) be compatible with plugins for crafting and stuff?

The problem I see with this is that the server has to validate everything that the client does and reduce client hacks as much as possible.Seeing as these plugins would be client only there wouldn't be server code to validate what happens when using them. Im going to look at implementing possible server side plugins using npm node modules. Right now im attending school till August so I won't be actively working on the project.

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
is possible to use a ABS with it?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl