[RMMV] Split source files for plugin development.

Discussion in 'Learning Javascript' started by Zalerinian, Oct 26, 2015.

1. xhh2a

xhh2a Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The latest version's download is missing rpg_core/JsExtensions. You can use the one from 1.0.0

2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh dear! I should get that fixed!

Though I do sort of understand the issue with it, it's still a little bit odd that ti didn't export anything for it... Oh well, I'll get that fixed when I get the chance. Thanks for the find!

3. Fox536

Fox536 Veteran Veteran

Hey Zalerinian you are amazing, this is how the files should of come in the first place. I swear your a lifesaver!

Zalerinian likes this.
  4. Rafael_Sol_Maker

Rafael_Sol_Maker Almighty God Jabu Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It didn't downloaded in MS Edge, it's warning that there's a virus or something else. Boo hoo, too bad.

So, I've downloaded it in Firefox. Thanks man, I was looking badly forward something like this. You're a life saver!

5. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Did you try downloading the separated files, or just the zip?

6. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This looks like an interesting project ... 

7. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any way to download them all at once?

8. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You can download a zip file, which contains them all, or I believe Google Drive lets you download a folder at once by right clicking it, but I'm not sure.

9. pixel-reverie

pixel-reverie Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for doing this :)

10. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    thank you... if only i found this sooner... learning the class would be easier... i hate when i use ctrl+f then search for text in a class... it goes to other class,

this is really helpful. thanks for making this.

11. JohnnyR

JohnnyR Dungeon Master Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is amazing! Thanks a lot!

I'll take a better look at it once I'm home, but it looks great so far!  :D

12. Chocobo

Chocobo Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hello Zalerinian,

thanks for splitting the source files. I just yesterday started to tinker around with RMMV scripting and was glad I found this thread. Since I'm new to this, I'd like to ask you a question -- I don't know if this is a bug or some kind of intended behavior :)

What's the reason for adding the p#ErrorPrinter, canvas#GameCanvas, etc. to the index.html file?

I just browsed a bit through the code of the class Graphics and saw the following lines:

Graphics.initialize = function(width, height, type) { ... this._modifyExistingElements(); // line A this._updateRealScale(); this._createAllElements(); // line B ...};I saw that the line A, in the end, changes the zIndex attribute of all elements in the document to 0. This means, your p#ErrorPrinter

<p id="ErrorPrinter" style="text-align: center; text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 1px 1px 3px; font-size: 20px; z-index: 99; ...></p>has set its zIndex to 0 after this, too.

Then, in line B, a "p" element with zIndex 99 is created (subsequent calls to _createErrorPrinter and _updateErrorPrinter).

Now, there are two "p" elements, both having the same id ErrorPrinter, but document.getElementById does only select the first one:

http://postimg.org/image/7207trdub/

I don't know if this may cause any trouble at some point or if this is even indented. That's why I'm asking :)

13. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The only modifications I made to index.html were changes to the scripts it loaded so that all the separate files were properly included. All the rest of it was part of the file by default, and as such was left alone. The error printer element is used by Graphics.printError (or whatever the function is, I don't have it up at the moment), and is used to display a game-crashing error to the screen. Keep in mind that that function won't pause the game itself, it will just display the error with the blurred background.

14. Chocobo

Chocobo Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for answering. Mh, that's odd. When I create a project with RMMV (still using the trial version, though), the index.html comes without said extra elements like the ErrorPrinter. I downloaded a few games out of the "Completed Games" section of this website and they also do not have the extra elements. The RMMV preorder demo also did not have them (https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/rmmvfiles/index.html).

15. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, I made a new project with MV and lo and behold, all that error printer stuff indeed was not there. Not sure why it was in the index file to begin with, I suppose it could have been an error I made. Either way, I've gone and uploaded a new copy of the index file to both versions of the files. Sorry it took so long to get fixed, but as always, if there are any issues, please just let me know and I'll fix them as soon as I can.

16. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    ErrorPrinter (along with other elements) get added to the DOM at runtime:

Code:
    Graphics._createErrorPrinter = function() {
        this._errorPrinter = document.createElement('p');
        this._errorPrinter.id = 'ErrorPrinter';
        this._updateErrorPrinter();
        document.body.appendChild(this._errorPrinter);
    };

17. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The download link has been updated with the split files for RPG Maker MV version 1.1.0! Please download your updated files at your earliest convenience so that you're using the most up-to-date version of the editor's files.

Please keep in mind that this version of the files was split automatically using a script. Any issues with it should be resolved, however if there are any problems with the files, please let me know so that I can fix them as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    Chocobo, Kaelan and Victor Sant like this.
  18. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The download link has been updated with the split files for RPG Maker MV version 1.2.0! Please download your updated files at your earliest convenience so that you're using the most up-to-date version of the editor's files.

Please keep in mind that this version of the files was split automatically using a script. Any issues with it should be resolved, however if there are any problems with the files, please let me know so that I can fix them as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  19. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The download link has been updated with the files for RMMV 1.3.0! There have been a number of classes missing from the uploads due to a change in format that the scripts have now, so if any are found to be missing, please let me know and I'll fix them manually.

masterlobo likes this.
  20. masterlobo

masterlobo Veteran Veteran

This is the best.

It's been incredibly useful :)

Any good IDEs you recommend?

I've been living with Notepad++ which is good for syntax highlighting, but there's no such thing as auto-complete or highlighting errors, etc.