RMMV Sprite Layering Issue

jamcub

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've run into a really, really weird issue. Using the Time Fantasy and some of the add on packs (see screenshot below for details):

I have a town here:
Map008.png

Using these tilets in their respective spots:
wip 4.PNG
wip 7.PNG
wip 2.PNGwip 8.pngwip 3.PNG

I get these ... weird issues on some of the buildings but not always...?
wip 5.PNG

Why ... is that there? I deleted any ld tiles that were there before trying to redo it, but yet, this is stubborn. Any idea what is up with this?

Thanks for your hekp in advance!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With MV, because it has automatic layers, you can't erase a piece from a B-E tilesheet by putting another piece over it. It may look like it's gone, but it's still there underneath the new piece. At some point you must have put that corner piece down, then put the roof piece over it. But because the roof piece has an O passability setting and the other piece has an X, the other piece is getting drawn on top when you are in the game.

You should change the roof to X anyway, as O allows for a tile to be walked and X does not. * means you can pass under a piece.

jamcub

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should change the roof to X anyway, as O allows for a tile to be walked and X does not. * means you can pass under a piece.
Yeah, I'm going to do that. I'm still trying to see what tilesets I need and how I can make stuff work. I got a bunch of different tilesets from the Time Fantasy set and am trying to mix and match.

Thank you for the explaination! I didn't know that was what happened here. From now on I'll remove the old tiles with the proper empty tile from the tileset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SasquatchWizard