Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, First things First:

I have had trouble finding answers for this.

What I have

Node.js server running - Able to connect to local SQL server. Able to Run Select Insert and other queries.
SQL Server 2012 - I have SQL server 2012 running and can successfully retrieve and manipulate the data through node.js
Windows Server 2016 - I have a test server running with Server 2016 that I can successfully run the game on.

If it helps, I am able to get all 3 of this running on 1 Server. Server has 4 cores and 12 gb ram, I plan to allocate 4gb to SQL.
-------

What I need

A way for the game running on the 2016 server to run commands through node.

-------

I plan to keep this simple right now.

I want a bulletin board that pulls a random line from a table in a sql database.
After viewing the text, the player can choose to input a message of their own.
This adds it to the database with th

Table setup:

2 columns (plan on making it three):
ID
Text

-add later: Player Name

ID is numeric and always increments when a new line is inserted.
I plan to run a select statement, and return random text (Later Player Name)

For right now I just need help getting the game setup (Or just random javascript code I can run) so that this bulletin board can run the select statement to pull the text.

Please let me know if you need me to explain anything further in depth.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreskywalker