Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently I am using SumRndmDde HUDMaker Plugin for RMMV to allow a visible tracker for a player condition to be shown on screen. I currently have the options under the plugin setup as follows:
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.06.55 AM.png

Each section does as follows for its options:
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.13.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.12.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.12.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.11.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.11.29 AM.png

The issue I am encountering is that while the plugin does not show HUD during events (as desired), during the first event cutscene of the game (opening cinematic) the HUD pops up for a split second before disappearing. Currently I have attempted to start on a completely black map to see if this would avoid the issue but it is still popping up for a split second then disappearing. Any assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated. The issue did occur when the event was all in one as well, I just figured I would try it differently to see if it affected it. You can see the start of the events, in addition to my plugin list below as well for additional information.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.16.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.16.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.16.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.16.57 AM.png

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Currently I am using SumRndmDde HUDMaker Plugin for RMMV to allow a visible tracker for a player condition to be shown on screen. I currently have the options under the plugin setup as follows:

Each section does as follows for its options:

The issue I am encountering is that while the plugin does not show HUD during events (as desired), during the first event cutscene of the game (opening cinematic) the HUD pops up for a split second before disappearing. Currently I have attempted to start on a completely black map to see if this would avoid the issue but it is still popping up for a split second then disappearing. Any assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated. The issue did occur when the event was all in one as well, I just figured I would try it differently to see if it affected it. You can see the start of the events, in addition to my plugin list below as well for additional information.

When test playing your project, press F12 to open the SRD HUD maker. Under the HUD element you're displaying, there's a field called 'Condition'. The HUD element will only display if the 'Condition' field is true. So for example, you can make it so the HUD will only display when a certain Switch is turned on. Here's an example:
HUD.png

Under the Condition field, I put:
Code:
$gameSwitches.value(14) == true
That way, the HUD Picture will only show up when Switch#14 is turned on. You can replace the # with your own desired switch. Let me know if you have any questions.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace of Spade's explanation is great for hiding one or two items in the hud, but not the whole hud. Unless you ad that to everything, but that would become annoying fast.
And would not be needed.

You see that Map Global Condition, and Battle Global Condition? In yours it is true and false?
They make everything in the hud be hidden in the map, or in battle, when it is false. In your settings, since map is true, they may appear, but as battle is false it will NEVER appear.

How does this help you?
Those are not just true and false. they are comparisons. if you write true it will always be true, meaning you can also hide something else by also giving them a condition that can be false. but both conditions, both there and on the image itself, need to be true. so you can show or hide the map hud with your settings, but never will show the battle hud.

Now the important part:
They are comparisons. Meaning putting true, will always be true.
But if you pur something that is only sometimes true, it will only let the hud appear when it is true.
If, like Ace of Spades put in his example, you put in Map Global Condition "$gameSwitches.value(14) == true" (no quotes in there, by the way), if the switch 14 is turned on it will be true and the hud appears as normal... but if the switch is off it will be false, and the hud will not appear, no matter what you put in the images' settings.

Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When test playing your project, press F12 to open the SRD HUD maker. Under the HUD element you're displaying, there's a field called 'Condition'. The HUD element will only display if the 'Condition' field is true. So for example, you can make it so the HUD will only display when a certain Switch is turned on. Here's an example:
View attachment 139984

Under the Condition field, I put:
Code:
$gameSwitches.value(14) == true
That way, the HUD Picture will only show up when Switch#14 is turned on. You can replace the # with your own desired switch. Let me know if you have any questions.
This worked great thank you! I actually went with the route of using a variable trigger instead by using $gameVariables.value(10) === 1 and still works great! I guess I need to pay more attention to the options in plugins! Thank you for the assistance and quick feedback!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr