Omar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I imported some of my titles, built my scene. Sat back and enjoyed the beautiful artwork. Then it came time to do the task of marking all the tiles as passable or not. So I opened up system, go to passage, and mark everything 0 or X for tile A (B-E there are some bushes, trees, fences and so they have a mix of what is set and not set. Everything works great. Except tileset A.

Now my builds as shown in the picture below are set to X so I should not be able to walk on them. Yet I can walk all over them. I suppose I could have done something wrong and I am hoping for a quick, you did this wrong so I can get back to the game building. Thank you in advance for your help.

Error.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you had searched a bit, you would have found the solution - it's a very common mistake that new users do with their first own tileset.

Omar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Andar,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you took out the time to point me to a solution as you are under no obligation to do so, however you did so in the most dismissive, insulting way possible. I in fact did search a bit. I searched for over a hour. Upon not finding the solution I decided to post on this board to look for aid as it is marked support. You are also correct I am not that skilled with knowing all the ins and outs (or even a good number of them) with RPG Maker MV.  I have found the help files are useful as a starting point as well as Google. After all one of the first things always mentioned is if you are asking a question, someone else likely has as well. Sadly my multuiple searches failed. Posted below is one of my failed searches. Thank you again for your help and responding so swiftly.

The search.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that wasn't intended as insulting - but in my opinion using google as a search engine for small knowledge areas (and RPG-Makers are only a small area on the web) results in too many wrong listings, especially as several older forums for RMs have been discontinued and their links are dead.

When searching, I usually mean this forum's search engine, because all topics here are about the RMs only and you don't have to scroll through dozens of links that have nothing to do with the makers.

In your case, the search didn't help because you already have made the tile itself impassable in the correct way - if you had searched for the error ("why can I walk on walls") you would probably have gotten to the correct answer much faster.

EDIT: And you might want to follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature, that will contain a lot more usefull information for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One of the great things I have found about RPG Maker is that there are so many different communities. Using the search engine here I have to hope that I phrase something correctly to pick up some hits. Many times Google will point to posts on this site, other times it may find where I am looking for on other sites, sometimes pulling up the plugins I need.  is it a given? It failed this time, however with many different sites dedicated to the RPG Maker community, along with different developer sites, Google is a great tool. On my last search I attempting to find if I could increase additional slots in the map editor (extending it past E) I found a nice plugin for doing so (as well as a guide for making maps with parallaxes, which turned into another debate of is it worth the extra space)..

Once more I want to thank you for your help. I have a lot to learn I am just glad I did not delve to far into Ruby.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many links go here because this is the official forum of the company that sells the makers...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCronch