- Mar 28, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
You keep updating is imperative to fix security breach, but also to optimize your project and get the performance gain that is constantly updating.
And get all new features update will give to you.
We go here to see for the beginner how to update nwjs
No need to wait until RMMV give you an update to stay up to date.
click on the version that interest you
Then make sure to choose the SDK version and 64bits if your processor allows it.
create a copy [backup clone] of folder (optional security)
*C\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\nwjs-win-test
this clone copy will allow you to backup nwjs to the previous version, if you have problems.
No need backup your game don't worry.
Then replace all the SDK contents files you have downloaded in the original rmmv nwjs-win-test folder.
Rename the executable file nw.exe => by game.exe
You are up to date now and can take advantage of performance and the latest tools offered by nwjs and chromium.
also use the 64bits version will unlock you very higth performance memory from your gpu.
Up to 14 Go [14000mo]
EDIT: FOR MAC USER. thanks to @elpeleq42
http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For Users/Package and Distribute/#mac-os-xOn mac it's a bit harder, because in it, the files and folders are within the game.app folder(if i'm not mistaken thats the name when you export your game for MacOS). You would need to export for web browsers, download NW.js last version for macOS, find a way to open the nw.app as folder within macOS, then follow those steps to distribute your game:
So here log of new feature update you will get since the version from rmmv 1.6.1s with nwjs 0.29.0
example update log: at date i create this tread.
0.31.3 / 06-25-2018
0.30.3 / 05-10-2018
0.30.0 / 04-18-2018
- Update Node.js to v10.5.0
- Fix: chrome://gpu doesn't load
- Fix: win.print() "copies" option no longer works. (#6440)
- Fix: crash in nwjc when there is compilation error (#6682)
- Fix: Support new-win-policy with external sites (#6655)
- Fix: nw.App.closeAllWindows() crashes on Mac OSX (#6677)
- Update Chromium to 67.0.3396.87
- Update Node.js to v10.4.1
- Fix: Window.open undefined reference with https (#6676)
- Fix: Geolocation not working in webview. (#6644)
- Update Chromium to 67.0.3396.79
- Update Node.js to v10.4.0
- Fix: Pinning app in taskbar is creating an incorrect shortcut target (#5991)
- Fix: win.getPrinters not receive an array of JSON objects (#6663)
- Update Chromium to 67.0.3396.62
- Add nw.App.startPath to query the directory where the app starts. (#648)
- Update Chromium to 66.0.3359.181
- Support PaymentRequest API in chrome-extension (#6595)
- Fix: crash when using service worker (#6624)
- Fix: NW app not launching if RoamingProfileSupportEnabled registry key is set (#6621)
- Fix: [Linux] Window should be resizable after setting resizable to true (#6609)
- Fix: [Win] Upload button instead of select on folder picker nwdirectory (#6610)
- Fix: Dev Tools crash when clearing Memory Profiles with --enable-node-workers (#6615)
0.30.3 / 05-10-2018
- Update Node.js to v10.1.0
- Fix: Menu and MenuItem leak (#6583)
- Add support for nwWindow.setShadow(bool) on Mac (Thanks to Jahanzeb Sherwani)
- Fix: Window resizable false not honored on Linux (#6592)
- [docs] Add nwWindow.setShadow(bool) on Mac
- Update Chromium to 66.0.3359.139
- Fix: ES6 modules with .mjs extension / loaded from disk are broken (#6585)
0.30.0 / 04-18-2018
- Update Chromium to 66.0.3359.117
- Update Node.js to v9.11.1
- Fix: window object return in Window.open callback is undefined with redirecting URL (#6392)
- Fix debug build
- Update Node.js to v9.10.0
- Fix: webview mouse enter / leave not working correctly (#6518)
- [docs] Add the documentation for win.isAlwaysOnTop (#6536)
- Update Chromium to 65.0.3325.181
- Fix: new-win-policy not working for new window/tab links (#6522)
- Fix: win.print() "printer" option no longer works. (#6510)
- Fix: Crash on breakpoints when binary module is used (#6514)
- Update Chromium to 65.0.3325.162
- Update Node.js to v9.8.0
- Fix: WebUSB device selection menu not appearing (#6500)
- Fix: Linux tray submenu click causes crash (#6496)
- Fix: passing --disable-software-rasterizer disables hardware acceleration (#6498)
- Fix: Pinch zoom does not work on Mac (#6491)
- Fix: indexedDB.open in node enabled worker completely crashes (#6504)