RMMZ [RMMV-V1.0 & RMMZ-V1.4]Dynamic Light & Ultra Shadow & Event Shadow & Time System & (compatible with my doodads and UM7-MZ)

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Siul @Roninator2

The light plugin unlikelily works well with mode 7 now ,because mode 7 changes the way of rendering.
If there are more people with such needs or I have plenty of time, I will consider adaptation.
The adapting work is not easy and I`m just a student and very busy now.

There are results of testing.
1.The region shadow do not work well certainly.
I have no idea to deal with this problem util mode 7 MZ has supported Terrain height.
2.gif

2.The event shadow can work but the effect is not very good.
If I have time and other plugins which work with mode 7 MZ are ripe ,I will do this!!!
That must be interesting.
3.gif
4.gif

Other performance of my lighting plugin working with mode 7 is just work normally as other lighting plugins working with mode 7.
If I remember correctly, the author of the mode 7 MV write some lighting and shadow plugins suitable for mode 7. I wish those plugin fit into MZ.

I like bblizzard`s ultra mode 7 very much ,so I may do something around mode 7 MZ in the future.

Last edited:

Brancliff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If this is still being developed, I've got a quick feature request - the ability to add lights to animations. On the map, you can simply spawn a fire and add a fire-y light to it. But in battle, it would be nice to be able to cast fire and it actually lights up the battlefield for a second while its in motion.

If something like that showed up, I'd definitely think about switching over and paying the fee for commercial use. If not, well, that's okay, I'm still happy to see 1) more options for lighting engines in general and 2) anyone who makes their plugins both MV + MZ compatible is based in my mind

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this is still being developed, I've got a quick feature request - the ability to add lights to animations. On the map, you can simply spawn a fire and add a fire-y light to it. But in battle, it would be nice to be able to cast fire and it actually lights up the battlefield for a second while its in motion.

If something like that showed up, I'd definitely think about switching over and paying the fee for commercial use. If not, well, that's okay, I'm still happy to see 1) more options for lighting engines in general and 2) anyone who makes their plugins both MV + MZ compatible is based in my mind
Of course, this plugin is still being developed.
This plugin has not been updated since its release.

I`m glad to add the feature you say.But my first language is not English, so I don't understand what you say completely.Can you please be a little bit more specific?

These are my understanding:
I just understand that you need to add the light to animations,it`s easy, but I also need to know if the light bound to the animations can cast shadow.
2.If you want to spawn a fire event with the light which has flicker effect to map,you can firstly make a fire event with light in another map,then use galv`s spawn event plugin to spawn that fire event to current map.Spawn event plugin is very useful and you can spawn lots of the fire events to game`s current map. I think it`s the simplest way.
Url:galv`s spawn event plugin
As for the light`s flicker effect, you can change the opacity and size dynamically and freely to achieve this effect. I make a example in Demo,whose id is fire.
3.If you want to add a light that just exists in map for several seconds, you can just use script
command QJ.LL.tempLight(lightId,during,x,y).
But in battle scene......In fact, only Khas and OcRam`s lighting plugin support the feature to add lights in Battle scene.And they all only have MV version and do not support the feature you want.
Before I write this plugin, I study and arrange more than ten lighting plugins carefully.

I can add the feature you mention next version and they are all not difficult, but I can't finish it in a day or two because I'm busy today and tomorrow.
If you really need it urgently, you can pay a high price to find someone else to customize the plugin or wait for me to update it at least three days later.

In fact, only one person has paid for my lighting plugin so far, it`s probably because that it is free for non-commercial use......

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
The adapting work is not easy and I`m just a student and very busy now.
For sure, buddie, I just ask because I'm gathering plugins and stuff for my next project on MZ, so I have to take everything I can into account (thus, I will be the next one that buys your plugins).

In fact, only one person has paid for my lighting plugin so far, it`s probably because that it is free for non-commercial use......
As I said, I probably will be the next one since I usually buy things from creators so I contribute a bit to the proccess :D.

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For sure, buddie, I just ask because I'm gathering plugins and stuff for my next project on MZ, so I have to take everything I can into account (thus, I will be the next one that buys your plugins).

As I said, I probably will be the next one since I usually buy things from creators so I contribute a bit to the proccess :D.
Hi, sorry for waiting so long.
I`m working to write the new MZ doodads plugin:Url
I`m testing and I will upload the doodad plugin tomorrow.

I write it because the VisuMZ Doodads plugin is obfuscated, so I can`t add the shadow to the doodads.I add more features and design a more easy-to-use editor.More importantly, the dynamic shadows can work with my doodads plugin
(still testing)!

WGLDJ8UW7UE{~X`N2H2GI@1.png

I will fit the lighting plugin to UM7 in the future.
I need to write another lighting plugin`s feature and a time system plugin recently.

Last edited:

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I will fit the lighting plugin to UM7 in the future.
I just posted on the UM7 talking to bblizzard to contact you or something to help out the compatibility. As I stated, I'm not demanding anything, but your plugins working together open so many possibilities and my hype is above any messure :aswt:

In the meantime, I'm taking your plugins for testing and having fun. Thanks for your work.

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just posted on the UM7 talking to bblizzard to contact you or something to help out the compatibility. As I stated, I'm not demanding anything, but your plugins working together open so many possibilities and my hype is above any messure :aswt:

In the meantime, I'm taking your plugins for testing and having fun. Thanks for your work.
I'm glad to see your reply.
I tried to adapt My light plugin to UM7 this afternoon.
To some extent, I have handled the compatibility.
Although the effect was not ideal, most functions of the lighting plugin can run normally except all functions about region/dynamic shadow.
The event shadow can work well with my doodads plugin and UM7 when I design carefully.

The UM7 in MV can work with Khas`s light plugin, so I test them......But the effect is not good, lots of features of Khas`s light plugin can`t work well.
The UM7 in MV can also work with Ocram`s light plugin, only the player`s light can work normally. (Ocram`s light plugin don`t have the feature about the shadow.)
There are no lighting plugins that can work with UM7 in MZ, so I cannot test.

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMZ V1.3 Update log:
1.add a simple day/night system.
2.support 8-direction flashlight.
3.support light rotates with the mouse.
4.be compatible with UM7 and my doodads plugin.
Doodads
UM7

rhapsodymipo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
For those who were anxiously waiting for this plugin (unfortunately the dev is inactive since last year. hope he's fine) it would be interesting implementing some of it's features (and planned features). https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-animations-and-region-lights-shadows.140191/
Since lots of people use Qmap or parallax mapping, it would be interesting offering support to them, like.
-Multi-layered shadows and lights
-shadow map (a png file with the areas where light will cast shadow)
-support for Qmap if possible

finalrpg777

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hfghfghgf.JPG
I'm using the demo and getting this error when trying to launch my game in RPG Maker MV. I copied the lights folder and QJ-Lighting.js from the demo into my game, is there something im missing?

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 224642
I'm using the demo and getting this error when trying to launch my game in RPG Maker MV. I copied the lights folder and QJ-Lighting.js from the demo into my game, is there something im missing?
not worry.
just delete this.
when you need to set the player`s light, you can add it again.
Y@VF$MZVBAEY{[C0{1GUM[1.png
the error happens just because i mistakenly set the player`s init-light to light test but not add the light test in Full Light Preset.

finalrpg777

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not worry.
just delete this.
when you need to set the player`s light, you can add it again.
View attachment 224643
the error happens just because i mistakenly set the player`s init-light to light test but not add the light test in Full Light Preset.
Still the same error. I'm able to play your demo but not with your plugin in my game.

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was just wondering: Has anyone made a comparison yet of the various lighting plugins available for MZ? Asking because I bought one from Shora that I haven't tried out yet, and then Visustella released one but I'm not too impressed with it -- gives me HORRIBLE slowdown with just a single light, and I'm running on a really powerful system.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did some light testing @Synchromystic .

not this one, but from the looks, its really nice, specially in combination
with his bullet plugis.

communityLightning is really smooth, and ocrams lightning too.

the 2 mention above does not have dynamic shadow's though but has
nice features that shora is missing (and might come).

DAE has also one on WIP, but no notice from the light plugin.

so if this could work with another plugin without breaking it, this with
combination of bullet and lighting from others (unless this one has all and smoothly).
it's up to you.

if you want Dynamic shadows, Shora's, if you use QJ bullet, I would go with this one,
if you dont care about dyanmic shadows, either ocrams or community lightning.

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome, thanks for the response... I'll have to get a little deeper into my own game design to figure out exactly what I'm looking for, but I hope he gets something like that bullet system plugin ported for MZ eventually -- I've really wanted to try making some arcade shooter mini-games but seems pretty rough with what's currently available.

Last edited:

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, thanks for the response... I'll have to get a little deeper into my own game design to figure out exactly what I'm looking for, but I hope he gets something like that bullet system plugin ported for MZ eventually -- I've really wanted to try making some arcade shooter mini-games but seems pretty rough with what's currently available.
If you need a simple light plugin, the CommunityLighting is enough.
If you need some dynamic lighe effect and ultra shadow, the shora`s light plugin is enough.
If you want to use a fully functional plugin or you need event shadow, you can use my light plugin.

the lighting plugin in MZ(in a random order):
1.CommunityLighting:
2.MPP_MapLight:
3.ShoraLighting:
4.DAE_Lighting:
5.Ocram_lighting:
6.QJ-Lighting:
this page.

The bullet plugin in MV:

I have ported my bullet to MZ, but because of my bad English, I haven`t finished writing the plugin help of it.......

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty interesting. While the light effect themselves are quite simple, I like the fact you added some "turning around" animations and other possibilities

Leone337

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is brilliant for me as I'm using parallax maps exclusively, and I can now match the player shadows to the pre rendered map shadow.

My only issue is that the shadows match the sprite sheet, and I'll often use sprite zoom to make the sprites larger or smaller. Shadows can scale with dynamic, but is there a way to scale shadows manually?

qiujiu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is brilliant for me as I'm using parallax maps exclusively, and I can now match the player shadows to the pre rendered map shadow.

My only issue is that the shadows match the sprite sheet, and I'll often use sprite zoom to make the sprites larger or smaller. Shadows can scale with dynamic, but is there a way to scale shadows manually?
Which plugin you use to make the sprites larger or smaller?
I will update the plugin in a week.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nugogo555