Xabacadabra

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody!

I'm trying to make a VN / RPG hybrid vaguely inspired by World of Darkness RPGs and old PC98 look&feel, plus some classic JRPG elements.

Right now my main problem is the basic interface:

I've tried the lovely Rose VN Tools by Kino trying to modify it for my purposes

1585849371324.png

it works "quite" well but it has two problems:

1) After a sequence of messages the choices menu remains frozen until the player press the B button...for example, I set the "Look" command so that it calls the first event on a map:

JavaScript:
Scene_Map.prototype['sceneLook'] = function () {
    $gameMap.event(1).start(); // look si attiva con il primo evento della mappa
};
but as said in the end everything remains frozen (no issue with menus because the player need to press ESC to quit them)

I've tried adding a $gameMap.refresh() at the end of the said event but it doesn't seem to work, while SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map) does the trick but includes the default Fade

2) I'm not a great expert in JS but I definitely don't need everything included in the plugins (for example, I prefer to use MV Message Busts by Galv for bust pictures in messages and so on)

I don't think it's too difficult to make such a menu that remains "always open", but I don't know MV core so much, so I was wondering if anyone could help me. :LZSsmile:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Isn't the issue with the event itself? I mean if everything is occuring on the Scene_Map itself it shouldn't freeze, did you put the event in parallel process?

Xabacadabra

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, with an Action Button

But I've a parallel event that enables the menu with Lucia.showVNCommands(true);

Also, the issue appears in the "hunt" command, which is not an event but a display message that I've scripted directly in RoseVN:

JavaScript:
Scene_Map.prototype['sceneHunt'] = function () {
    vampireDice ($gameActors.actor(1).agi, 8)
    $gameMessage.add("You rolled: " + tiri + " with " + successi + " successes.");
}
From what I'm guessing, after the messages closes the control goes back to the player sprite movement, leaving the menu open but unusable without pressing ESC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.
There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shinn86